Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
There are two categories of US cities involved, DL hubs and other, generally secondary, airports.
From some DL Hubs, UA P fares are valid to a much wider range of cities in Europe:
SLC/MSP/DTW/ATL/CVG/MEM-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/BUD/PRG/CPH/IST/WAW/ARN/OSL/KRK/PRG/TLL/RIX/etc
(but not JFK nor LAX?)

Other airports are valid to a smaller set of cities in Europe:
BOS/SJC/SMF/MOD/BWI/BUR/ONT/SNA/PSP/HNL/SEA/PDX/AUS/PIT/TUS/TPA/ALB/etc/etc-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/etc

Most UA hubs don't have the fare filed (not SFO for sure), but apparently EWR has at least EWR-VCE/NCE (but not EWR-MXP/PMO/FCO/CDG)

Some destinations in Europe have a slightly higher base fare:
MRS/LYS

(please add more cities to either origin or destination side that are valid)

Be careful in your airline selection - there are PQM/RDM implications to this. For example, for the UA program, UA P earns 150% PQM/RDM, LH P earns 100% PQM/RDM, and it appears that OS P earns nothing.
Similarly it looks like UA P class credited to Aegean (A3) earns nothing. Visit this United webpage then click on the Star Alliance partner to determine mileage earnings.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by FTstudent
Or maybe don't call. The whole UA seat map system just went down. Agent said they are moving equipment around, and to "check back on Monday."

I got a little suspicious when I saw my IAD-FCO segment on an ERJ-145, hahahah.

Yeah it's a hot mess. Most of my flights over the summer dropped seat assignments. They better come back. Would be a nice bonus if my wait listed RPUs also cleared.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Leviticus
It would suck to be driven 4.5 hours with a ferry break in the middle! How do people agree to that?
When the alternative is to be otherwise stuck overnight away from home, be late for work, and/or when HAM is the airport they are using to get to some parts of southern Denmark, some consider that alternative better than being stuck at CPH for the night or being sent bouncing around Europe and ending up overnighting elsewhere too. I too was surprised to see that happen the first couple of times I saw that happen.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by IPG
Snagged CMH-IAD-BRU-NCE return earlier today for $1,285!
Operating carrier's fare code is what counts for PQM/RDM, right?

Enjoy your trips to Europe!
Yes, operating carrier's code.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Snoozed on booking ORD-IST now its upto 3k
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by FTstudent
I got a little suspicious when I saw my IAD-FCO segment on an ERJ-145, hahahah.

That's no biggie, they probably just forgot to tell you about the fuel stops in Gander, Reykjavik and Dublin
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Leviticus
That's no biggie, they probably just forgot to tell you about the fuel stops in Gander, Reykjavik and Dublin
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: *A Gold, UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
DEN/SFO/IAH/ORD to DUB/IST/LIS/OSL/WAW/CPH shoot basically locations from United's deal past few days.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by allstarphil06
DEN/SFO/IAH/ORD to DUB/IST/LIS/OSL/WAW/CPH shoot basically locations from United's deal past few days.
But looks like slowly dying. Seeing DEN fares disappear now.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: TK Elite+, OZ Diamond, CX Silver
Same here. I missed the boat. At one point it was as low as $1100 ORD-IST. Would have really loved to try AF/AZ/KL business class because I just don't fly with SkyTeam that often, let alone in business class.

Now $1100 is not even enough for coach. But I already booked an extensive trip to Europe taking advantage of the Star Alliance deal. How many business class trips to Europe can one take in one summer?

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Snoozed on booking ORD-IST now its upto 3k
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:50 am

It was working out of OGG late last night/early this morning also. I booked three of them.

Is "International Surcharge" == YQ?

-David
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:31 am

I actually managed to book with LX - BOS-ZRH-FLR directly on Swiss.com for $1480 rt ai for Aug 27th - Sep 2nd in P class.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:53 am
RNE

Originally Posted by bonsaisai
Same here. I missed the boat. At one point it was as low as $1100 ORD-IST. Would have really loved to try AF/AZ/KL business class because I just don't fly with SkyTeam that often, let alone in business class.
Loved ST back in the day.

Anyway, if you have never been to IST, then you really did miss the boat. IST is one of the most fascinating cities in the world—and has been since XYZZY graduated from high school there. Class of 500 A.D. I explored IST for a week (between riots) last May—for < $900 (coach+miles upgrade to BF) when UA was failing on the route. Grand adventure!

Originally Posted by bonsaisai
Now $1100 is not even enough for coach. But I already booked an extensive trip to Europe taking advantage of the Star Alliance deal. How many business class trips to Europe can one take in one summer?
I'm taking three. ^

Anyway, the upshot of this post is to keep looking for deals. If this deal is/was a fare war, it may flare up again. If not then there's always the next boat to catch, as it were.

RNE, opining that only losers fly in coach.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 6:59 am

I'm hoping this is just a fluke this morning but when I go to LH's website and try to check my booking:
"We are unable to find this confirmation number. Please validate your entry and try again or contact us for further information. (8104)"

It worked yesterday. I can still pull it up on United though...
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:34 am
RNE

Originally Posted by phranticaw
"We are unable to find this confirmation number. Please validate your entry and try again or contact us for further information. (8104)"
Uh oh. The curse of Jeff's revenge.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:50 am

Im in the same boat. Shows up fine on checkmytrip and occasionally on lot.com
Originally Posted by phranticaw
I'm hoping this is just a fluke this morning but when I go to LH's website and try to check my booking:

It worked yesterday. I can still pull it up on United though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.