Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
There are two categories of US cities involved, DL hubs and other, generally secondary, airports.
From some DL Hubs, UA P fares are valid to a much wider range of cities in Europe:
SLC/MSP/DTW/ATL/CVG/MEM-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/BUD/PRG/CPH/IST/WAW/ARN/OSL/KRK/PRG/TLL/RIX/etc
(but not JFK nor LAX?)

Other airports are valid to a smaller set of cities in Europe:
BOS/SJC/SMF/MOD/BWI/BUR/ONT/SNA/PSP/HNL/SEA/PDX/AUS/PIT/TUS/TPA/ALB/etc/etc-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/etc

Most UA hubs don't have the fare filed (not SFO for sure), but apparently EWR has at least EWR-VCE/NCE (but not EWR-MXP/PMO/FCO/CDG)

Some destinations in Europe have a slightly higher base fare:
MRS/LYS

(please add more cities to either origin or destination side that are valid)

Be careful in your airline selection - there are PQM/RDM implications to this. For example, for the UA program, UA P earns 150% PQM/RDM, LH P earns 100% PQM/RDM, and it appears that OS P earns nothing.
Similarly it looks like UA P class credited to Aegean (A3) earns nothing. Visit this United webpage then click on the Star Alliance partner to determine mileage earnings.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Austrian P credits to Aegean IIRC. The OS flights would get you A3*Silver status at least. Doesn't do much good, but you never know.
Hmm...way off topic but I'm easily making 1K again this year so really this is just about getting ~4,500 miles credited to Aegean? Is that even worth the trouble?

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Is it just me... or is it gone from UA.com.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
another fare lock for SMF-IAH-AMS-EWR-LAX-SMF

lie flat for all except SMF-IAH and LAX-SMF, not too shab

$1467ai

BF cabins are starting to REALLY fill up!!!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Thanks for posting this! Just scored 2 RT BusinessFirst P class tickets for a week in July for $2,985.20:

BWI-EWR-FCO
FCO-MUC-ORD-BWI
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
I think they may be pulling it again. Was just looking at SMF->VCE on .bomb, and it was $1500 until a few mins ago, when I refreshed and is now $6XXX. Tried a few others ( SJC, FCO, AMS ) and they're all $6XXX now.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dordal
I think they may be pulling it again. Was just looking at SMF->VCE on .bomb, and it was $1500 until a few mins ago, when I refreshed and is now $6XXX. Tried a few others ( SJC, FCO, AMS ) and they're all $6XXX now.
Yep, seems to be pulled from .bomb. Still on big O right as I was doing the MEX-CUN dump but cant get any flights I want.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
+1

HNL-IAD-CDG P
CDG-SFO-HNL P
HNL-LAX-LAS P
LAS-IAH-DCA P
Wow! How many tickets are those, and what was the total fare?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: AP 75k
Seems to be gone...
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
dead on .bomb
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Hi Freecia - can you tell if they switched equipment to a Skywest plane w/ no first cabin? If so I would still take it as the bulk of the flights are still in P (right?)

Even if not, you're right that you'd still earn 150% PQM from the Y fare class.

It would be a little ominous if they downgraded your ticket from P to Y if the plane still has a first cabin - perhaps they're chipping away at the fantastic deals they've given out?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Here yesterday, gone today....it appeared about this time yesterday and is gone as fast as it appeared!

Who will fire the next volley and when??????? These are the best war games I've watched in ages.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fare gone? HNL-CDG, SNA-MXP does not show anymore on EF, does not price on .bomb.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Boy, that was crazy. They disappeared before my eyes. In the time it took to email a friend.

I booked ATL-EWR-CDG-IAD-ATL the night of April 1, and when I checked the next morning, couldn't find them anymore. So today I'm checking back on the UA thread about it and couldn't find it there, so I found THIS thread instead and saw people were still booking. Got all excited, found a fare for my friends to join me, emailed them, and it's gone.

Has it been off-and-on for the past couple of days?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
The 2 tickets I booked a little over 20 minutes ago have gone up to $12,562 from $2,985.20!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Wow! How many tickets are those, and what was the total fare?
it's one roundtrip from HNL-CDG for ~$1550 with a couple of CPUd flights to position...I mean, I needed to get to Vegas and HNL later this year anyways

All in about $2700 for 38,000 EQM and 70,000 RDM

...looks like I got in about 10 min before they pulled it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.