Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
There are two categories of US cities involved, DL hubs and other, generally secondary, airports.
From some DL Hubs, UA P fares are valid to a much wider range of cities in Europe:
SLC/MSP/DTW/ATL/CVG/MEM-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/BUD/PRG/CPH/IST/WAW/ARN/OSL/KRK/PRG/TLL/RIX/etc
(but not JFK nor LAX?)

Other airports are valid to a smaller set of cities in Europe:
BOS/SJC/SMF/MOD/BWI/BUR/ONT/SNA/PSP/HNL/SEA/PDX/AUS/PIT/TUS/TPA/ALB/etc/etc-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/etc

Most UA hubs don't have the fare filed (not SFO for sure), but apparently EWR has at least EWR-VCE/NCE (but not EWR-MXP/PMO/FCO/CDG)

Some destinations in Europe have a slightly higher base fare:
MRS/LYS

(please add more cities to either origin or destination side that are valid)

Be careful in your airline selection - there are PQM/RDM implications to this. For example, for the UA program, UA P earns 150% PQM/RDM, LH P earns 100% PQM/RDM, and it appears that OS P earns nothing.
Similarly it looks like UA P class credited to Aegean (A3) earns nothing. Visit this United webpage then click on the Star Alliance partner to determine mileage earnings.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I know -- this deal is hampering my productivity today!
+1
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
These will be tickets where doing retroactive/missing mileage credit claims will be my routine because of the complexity where P fares on some operating carriers earn miles in some Star Alliance programs but not in all Star Alliance programs. I will be leaving out my Star Alliance FFP numbers from my bookings on these tickets.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mihaid
Anyone found such fares from Europe to the US, not the other way around?
No. These fares are not bi-directional; and to get this fare, the fare construction requires an origin on the other side of the Atlantic even if the fare basis could be nested between or after another fare basis.

From Europe to the US, I've not yet come across such a big summer deal.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Thank you! It really helps when trying to secure at least something before getting that ideal flight.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Riot_Nrrrd
I was looking at BUR-FLR/VCE/FCO (as BUR is the closest airport to me) and finding almost nothing (looking end of August/early Sept.) - but, more importantly, I couldn't find anything longer than 1 week.

Resigned myself to a short trip, then suddenly discovered that SNA-FCO was wiiiiiiiide open. A bit far for me to drive to, but ended up booking 8/23-9/4 - and for less money than ex-BUR, all on UA metal and only 1 stop each way!

[EDIT: This was an accurate image for those dates as of about an hour ago, i.e. 7 AM PDT/10 AM EDT.]
Still good, I just booked SNA-FCO 8/27-31.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by dcas
iad-ist/otp/waw under $1200 some dates with AF A380
Not seeing it this low with only RT searches? (down to $1400 for ist)
Example?
Manipulation of the RT required?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I am TK Gold and want to credit there, can someone quickly help me out?

Looks like for the LH group carriers on a P fare that TK program would credit ZERO? Ugh, so I have to be UA ticketed/metal to get credit (150%, so that is good)?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Not seeing it this low with only RT searches? (down to $1400 for ist)
Example?
Manipulation of the RT required?
It's there. 7/21-8/15 for $1,104.50.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Booked using miles to Europe on LH F late last year through YYZ for summer time but now tempted to cancel and just purchase a Business ticket instead.

Last year I booked SFO-MAD in UA P class for around $1,900, so better deal this time around.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I know -- this deal is hampering my productivity today!
+1

I might have just booked....

BWI-EWR-SFO-HNL upgraded with RPU
HNL-IAD-CDG P
CDG-SFO-HNL P
HNL-LAX-LAS P
LAS-IAH-DCA P

I needed to go to Vegas anyways Hopefully 48 hrs in Paris will be enough to visit my last country in Europe...ANDORRA!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:01 pm

Expedia sent me an email asking to confirm sjc-den Skywest 3 min schedule change and from P to Y. Full routing is SJC-DEN-FRA-FCO, VCE-FRA-LAX-SJC LH P. No status.

Any opinions or suggestions?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by brit44
It's there. 7/21-8/15 for $1,104.50.
Ok, that's the problem. This is a 10-day minimum stay fare, unfortunately!

Air France AF ZHP64US WAS to IST
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 10
DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Grabbed roundtrip EWR-VCE in July for $1,500.

Outbound EWR-FRA (United Metal)...FRA-VCE (LH Metal)

Return VCE-VIE-EWR (all Austrian Metal-excited to try their Business Class)

All showing as "P" class.

I see that there's a chance the Austrian P Fare will earn us zero...I'm actually fine with that...don't need the PQMs and for the price I'm happy.

Also booked at an OTA and the full itinerary instantly showed up in my .bomb reservations.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by msg75
Grabbed roundtrip EWR-VCE in July for $1,500.

Outbound EWR-FRA (United Metal)...FRA-VCE (LH Metal)

Return VCE-VIE-EWR (all Austrian Metal-excited to try their Business Class)

All showing as "P" class.

I see that there's a chance the Austrian P Fare will earn us zero...I'm actually fine with that...don't need the PQMs and for the price I'm happy.

Also booked at an OTA and the full itinerary instantly showed up in my .bomb reservations.
Austrian P credits to Aegean IIRC. The OS flights would get you A3*Silver status at least. Doesn't do much good, but you never know.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by freecia
Expedia sent me an email asking to confirm sjc-den Skywest 3 min schedule change and from P to Y. Full routing is SJC-DEN-FRA-FCO, VCE-FRA-LAX-SJC LH P. No status.

Any opinions or suggestions on what to do with the Y downgrade? Or is it an upgrade I credit to UA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.