Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
There are two categories of US cities involved, DL hubs and other, generally secondary, airports.
From some DL Hubs, UA P fares are valid to a much wider range of cities in Europe:
SLC/MSP/DTW/ATL/CVG/MEM-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/BUD/PRG/CPH/IST/WAW/ARN/OSL/KRK/PRG/TLL/RIX/etc
(but not JFK nor LAX?)

Other airports are valid to a smaller set of cities in Europe:
BOS/SJC/SMF/MOD/BWI/BUR/ONT/SNA/PSP/HNL/SEA/PDX/AUS/PIT/TUS/TPA/ALB/etc/etc-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/etc

Most UA hubs don't have the fare filed (not SFO for sure), but apparently EWR has at least EWR-VCE/NCE (but not EWR-MXP/PMO/FCO/CDG)

Some destinations in Europe have a slightly higher base fare:
MRS/LYS

(please add more cities to either origin or destination side that are valid)

Be careful in your airline selection - there are PQM/RDM implications to this. For example, for the UA program, UA P earns 150% PQM/RDM, LH P earns 100% PQM/RDM, and it appears that OS P earns nothing.
Similarly it looks like UA P class credited to Aegean (A3) earns nothing. Visit this United webpage then click on the Star Alliance partner to determine mileage earnings.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bonsaisai
Just not sure how to take advantage of it when I'm based at ORD.
I'm doing DTW->EWR->CDG->ORD->DTW and skipping last leg.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by River in Sight
I just bought a ticket - it's still there at least to AMS and VCE
Ah, I tried CDG & FCO and they were gone.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody any luck with LX? They seem not to be very excited about UA's approach. Locks like they have blocked out a lot of P inventory.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by pricesquire
...Flying AC's A330, and the hard product looks half decent...
Make that whole decent. Also the soft product. Very nice. Shhhhh.....
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
you can find a bunch of OS though - xxx-ORD-vie-*** was fairly easy to spot.
ORD-VIE is on their dated 767, not sure, if their C-cabin got updated lately.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pewpew
MXP could probably be done with 1h if on-time and in J if you can print off the return bp before arrival. Otherwise 1h15 is good.
How about an intra-EU Schengen-Schengen connection: Do you need to go thru security or is it an intra-terminal transfer?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM
Originally Posted by hw711
I'm doing DTW->EWR->CDG->ORD->DTW and skipping last leg.
Why would you take the chance that UA removes your elite status, confiscates your miles, and revokes your MP membership? Odds they catch you may be low, but UA has the absolute right to do that as per the CoC. I won't even purchase nested tickets. Not worth the risk. I'll book two one ways on the edges of a round-trip to avoid nesting. Buy a one way from DTW to ORD and rest easy. FWIW.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by monnyc
PRG only works from SLC?

I've been trying to get to AMS, PRG or MUC from AUS (I believe it's the best option for those of us in DFW, please let me know if anyone found better).

I don't think anything in the Germanic Region is working on this deal. AMS, VCE and MXP are the closest I have found
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
ORD, LAX, and IAD at a minimum all get the 747-8 from Frankfurt.
2x ck LAX-FRA. The second flight could still be the 744 old config.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nova08
Ah, I tried CDG & FCO and they were gone.
Try harder ... I see CDG available for almost all of Jul from my BWI
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by dkc715
Why would you take the chance that UA removes your elite status, confiscates your miles, and revokes your MP membership? Odds they catch you may be low, but UA has the absolute right to do that as per the CoC. I won't even purchase nested tickets. Not worth the risk. I'll book two one ways on the edges of a round-trip to avoid nesting. Buy a one way from DTW to ORD and rest easy. FWIW.
If you don't make a habit of it, UA is not going to do all of those things if you skip one leg. There's zero evidence of that sort of draconian approach here on FT.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ESC
AC: HNL-YVR-YYZ-CDG return, $1553 USD for 17K miles. Z fare earns 150% with Aeroplan and United MileagePlus (just over 6 cpm). Available every week in August.
Wow, Cool! ^ Any routings on UA?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:20 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cesco.g
2x ck LAX-FRA. The second flight could still be the 744 old config.
In my case I'm on old one because new has no "P". How is in flight entertainment upstairs?? Just out of curiosity what is difference between old and new.

Plus, there is an option going through ZRH on UA where there is 50% more miles, is LH product worth lost miles?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Deltahater
I don't think anything in the Germanic Region is working on this deal. AMS, VCE and MXP are the closest I have found
CPH and ARN are working. CPH is close enough to Hamburg that on some airline re routes HAM passengers are sent to CPH to be driven from there.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by thepla
In my case I'm on old one because new has no "P". How is in flight entertainment upstairs?? Just out of curiosity what is difference between old and new.

Plus, there is an option going through ZRH on UA where there is 50% more miles, is LH product worth lost miles?
LH 747-8I has lie flat in J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.