Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
There are two categories of US cities involved, DL hubs and other, generally secondary, airports.
From some DL Hubs, UA P fares are valid to a much wider range of cities in Europe:
SLC/MSP/DTW/ATL/CVG/MEM-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/BUD/PRG/CPH/IST/WAW/ARN/OSL/KRK/PRG/TLL/RIX/etc
(but not JFK nor LAX?)

Other airports are valid to a smaller set of cities in Europe:
BOS/SJC/SMF/MOD/BWI/BUR/ONT/SNA/PSP/HNL/SEA/PDX/AUS/PIT/TUS/TPA/ALB/etc/etc-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/etc

Most UA hubs don't have the fare filed (not SFO for sure), but apparently EWR has at least EWR-VCE/NCE (but not EWR-MXP/PMO/FCO/CDG)

Some destinations in Europe have a slightly higher base fare:
MRS/LYS

(please add more cities to either origin or destination side that are valid)

Be careful in your airline selection - there are PQM/RDM implications to this. For example, for the UA program, UA P earns 150% PQM/RDM, LH P earns 100% PQM/RDM, and it appears that OS P earns nothing.
Similarly it looks like UA P class credited to Aegean (A3) earns nothing. Visit this United webpage then click on the Star Alliance partner to determine mileage earnings.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
I wrote BF and I couldn't get the upper deck because I changed my flight last minute and I cant do the take off rear facing.
I decoded BF on a 747 to mean C; there are no 2-class 747s with true BF, just E-, E+, C & F. I've flown both front & rear-facing; prefer front but really can't tell you why. I can appreciate that you'd not want to fly that way.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:20 am

Can't get CPH to work.

Anyone was able to book to CPH ?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: Most
Those who got OS which cities did you return to?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:27 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MAZ199
Can't get CPH to work.

Works from certain airports: DTW, SLC, ATL, MSP
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
PRG only works from SLC?

I've been trying to get to AMS, PRG or MUC from AUS (I believe it's the best option for those of us in DFW, please let me know if anyone found better).
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:07 am
ESC

Programs: AC S100K
AC: HNL-YVR-YYZ-CDG return, $1553 USD for 17K miles. Z fare earns 150% with Aeroplan and United MileagePlus (just over 6 cpm). Available every week in August.

Routing through YVR and YYZ and choosing aircraft carefully means potential for lie-flat pods on AC for all segments.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MAZ199
Can't get CPH to work.

Friends got it from MSP. Things like MSP-YYZ-CPH, CPH-YYZ-MSP. There are ways to get the cost for various such itineraries to something around $1200 total price.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by channa
I avoided LH TATL specifically because of this.

Not just the TATL J, but he's got a trifecta of some of the worst products: UA domestic F, LH TATL J, and LH EuroBiz.
If only the LH intra-Europe biz was replaced by an SK flight, it would be even worse. [There are plenty of mileage related reasons to play around with the carriers. ]
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:42 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by jeautk01
Those who got OS which cities did you return to?
Just booked DTW-ORD-FRA-PRG on the new LH C, and the part you really care about:

PRG-VIE-ORD-DTW.

On UA multicity:
DTW-ORD
ORD-PRG
PRG-VIE
VIE-DTW

Was not able to force LX.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by uhezay
For the weekend mileage runs showing up, would it be possible to get in and out of AMS, CDG and/or MXP in 1.5 hours?
In AMS, you don't need to enter the country (no passport check) - you can just immediately go to the departure gate of your next flight (assuming you have your boarding pass already) and join the queue to pass through the security check at the gate.

The one little thing is - United sometimes "swap" their planes at AMS - so if you flew in from Newark, the plane you arrived on may actually be going back to Chicago, for instance. If you knew for certain that the plane you were on was also doing an immediate turn - i.e. the same metal was going to immediately fly back to the same destination - then you could rest assured that, even with delays, you're not going to miss your flight back from AMS. But if it's one of the other United planes arriving from a different US location, then you may be in trouble!

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Enjoy one of the worst J products out there. LOL

Originally Posted by stephem
If you are flying LH, make sure to get the 747-800, thru ORD its LH431 and gives you fully flat seat as per this photo.
http://www.btmagazine.nl/wp-content/...ess-Class1.jpg

I agree w other posters, other LH business product is pretty weak.
Originally Posted by olouie
Nevermind. No lie-flat for business class! http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Luf...irbus_A380.php

2 of Lufthansa's 10 A380s are already converted to fully-flat, with the rest due to be completed in the coming months.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...business-seats

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 4, 2014 at 2:12 am
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:00 am
Suspended

AC TATL business class product that I fly to/from CPH is better than some of the LH TATL business class product. The LH business product to/from Chicago at least tends to be better than some of the other LH business product that flies intercontinental, and its that better LH business product that I prefer to AC.

Originally Posted by mattking2000
Just booked DTW-ORD-FRA-PRG on the new LH C, and the part you really care about:

PRG-VIE-ORD-DTW.

On UA multicity:
DTW-ORD
ORD-PRG
PRG-VIE
VIE-DTW

Was not able to force LX.
I had no luck with finding SK/LX/LO TATL on this deal yesterday or today. OS, LH, AC and UA seemed to be all that I would see for the TATL segments.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by irishguy28
2 of Lufthansa's 10 A380s are already converted to fully-flat, with the rest due to be completed in the coming months.
I'm surprised that A380 on FRA-JFK doesn't have the new J yet. Hoping it arrives before end of june.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:10 am

SLC works to ARN
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: TK Elite+, OZ Diamond, CX Silver
That's so cool. Didn't know that it would also work from HNL. Just not sure how to take advantage of it when I'm based at ORD.

Originally Posted by ESC
AC: HNL-YVR-YYZ-CDG return, $1553 USD for 17K miles. Z fare earns 150% with Aeroplan and United MileagePlus (just over 6 cpm). Available every week in August.

Routing through YVR and YYZ and choosing aircraft carefully means potential for lie-flat pods on AC for all segments.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:34 am

Is it gone?

UA shows me: ! We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-396-1751; the U.K. at 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.

(When I try to click purchase. Went back and tried 20 times, same thing happen in both explorer and chrome)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.