Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
There are two categories of US cities involved, DL hubs and other, generally secondary, airports.
From some DL Hubs, UA P fares are valid to a much wider range of cities in Europe:
SLC/MSP/DTW/ATL/CVG/MEM-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/BUD/PRG/CPH/IST/WAW/ARN/OSL/KRK/PRG/TLL/RIX/etc
(but not JFK nor LAX?)

Other airports are valid to a smaller set of cities in Europe:
BOS/SJC/SMF/MOD/BWI/BUR/ONT/SNA/PSP/HNL/SEA/PDX/AUS/PIT/TUS/TPA/ALB/etc/etc-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/etc

Most UA hubs don't have the fare filed (not SFO for sure), but apparently EWR has at least EWR-VCE/NCE (but not EWR-MXP/PMO/FCO/CDG)

Some destinations in Europe have a slightly higher base fare:
MRS/LYS

(please add more cities to either origin or destination side that are valid)

Be careful in your airline selection - there are PQM/RDM implications to this. For example, for the UA program, UA P earns 150% PQM/RDM, LH P earns 100% PQM/RDM, and it appears that OS P earns nothing.
Similarly it looks like UA P class credited to Aegean (A3) earns nothing. Visit this United webpage then click on the Star Alliance partner to determine mileage earnings.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by GumboCook
GumboCook
can you get that to work on UA coded flights too or just LH coded UA-operated flights?

i already see it working like a charm on LH codes of my intended BWI-EWR-CDG-ORD-BWI flights.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Are fares like this unheard of? Does this happen often? Sorry for the amateur questions, just want to know how many tickets I should book after booking 2 yesterday....
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Yup, also having problems finding LH 747-8, ugh.

Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
I'm sure you know this but for others, LH P class earns on UA at 100%, not 150% as on UA metal or others. I still haven't been on LH 380 or 744-800 for that reason but maybe I should just suck it up!
OK, got it. Found ex-HPN to VCE and CDG and back for $1259 on the 747-8 (adding the MEX-CUN segment). Steal... now lets see if I can book on an OTA.

Last edited by stephem; Apr 3, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by DCA1983
can you get that to work on UA coded flights too or just LH coded UA-operated flights?

i already see it working like a charm on LH codes of my intended BWI-EWR-CDG-ORD-BWI flights.
It was working on a mixed UA/LH flight to AMS from SMF. Reverse on the way back.

oh. i was kinda just worried about PQDs but since i'm not really up to speed on all the ins and outs of that, I didn't realize that no matter what united-operated flights count. so that's helpful.

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
add MEX-CUN in Oct for ~ $250 discount
If you don't mind sharing...booked on which site?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by Desdinova
The big "O" . use multicity
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:09 pm

yeah i can get ITA to price it no sweat, but booking it on .bomb is...not working. to the point where it's telling me "united does not offer service between Baltimore and Newark"
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:16 pm

yeah i can get ITA to price it no sweat, but booking it on .bomb is...not working. to the point where it's telling me "united does not offer service between Baltimore and Newark"
Same experience--can get ITA results with many add'l. legs, but cannot place to book them; including Big O.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by roastpuff
The *A fares to Europe for ~$1500 is back! Just FareLocked SEA-CDG for $1600/pp...
for when?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thank you!! Just issued that ticket I was almost ready to cancel due to the fare change
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Mods, I think it's a disservice to merge this into the old thread--I wouldn't have seen this otherwise.

This should be out on its own--it's a great deal resurfacing. I could see merging it back after a little bit longer than an hour or two.
agreed...that's why i separated it out to begin with...but i'm not the boss here!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:21 pm

Same experience--can get ITA results with many add'l. legs, but cannot place to book them; including Big O.
what are you trying to book ?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:24 pm

what are you trying to book ?
Was looking at cities other than AMS. Many do not work, but AMS does as you stated. Thank you!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:27 pm

Quick question guys. If I cancel this ticket later on, do I lose all the money? Or just lose some cancellation fee? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.