Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
There are two categories of US cities involved, DL hubs and other, generally secondary, airports.
From some DL Hubs, UA P fares are valid to a much wider range of cities in Europe:
SLC/MSP/DTW/ATL/CVG/MEM-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/BUD/PRG/CPH/IST/WAW/ARN/OSL/KRK/PRG/TLL/RIX/etc
(but not JFK nor LAX?)

Other airports are valid to a smaller set of cities in Europe:
BOS/SJC/SMF/MOD/BWI/BUR/ONT/SNA/PSP/HNL/SEA/PDX/AUS/PIT/TUS/TPA/ALB/etc/etc-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/etc

Most UA hubs don't have the fare filed (not SFO for sure), but apparently EWR has at least EWR-VCE/NCE (but not EWR-MXP/PMO/FCO/CDG)

Some destinations in Europe have a slightly higher base fare:
MRS/LYS

(please add more cities to either origin or destination side that are valid)

Be careful in your airline selection - there are PQM/RDM implications to this. For example, for the UA program, UA P earns 150% PQM/RDM, LH P earns 100% PQM/RDM, and it appears that OS P earns nothing.
Similarly it looks like UA P class credited to Aegean (A3) earns nothing. Visit this United webpage then click on the Star Alliance partner to determine mileage earnings.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
is this still alive?
anything for Father's Day weekend???? or around there. tough finding it now. thanks
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by rosepoint
Not sure if you can bail at IAD. Whenever I take UA overseas they always divide out the transfers to another process. Not sure what that process is but I understand if you go through the new Customs/Immigration not in the main terminal that it is possible. However, I ALWAYS get routed through to the main terminal where that isn't an option. There are flights to FCO from BWI through ORD.

Hopefully someone can help tell you and me how to bail if you have checked bags at Dulles. I'd only try it with carryon based on my experience.
If the bag contains items that can't go through security, you are kind of SOL. UA flights, as well as a few others, arrive at the midfield terminal. Customs and Immigration is in the bottom of midfield. You then reclaim your bag, recheck it, and go through TSA. Once through, you are in the UA terminal (C/D).

This is only for transfer passengers. When you get off the plane at midfield, they have a moonbuggie waiting to take pax to the main terminal (who are terminating in DC). If you don't have a checked bag, or if it is tagged just to DC, take the moon buggie and you'll be able to exit curbside after clearing CBP in the main terminal.

Attempting to clear at main terminal, while you have checked bags that are supposed to go onwards from IAD is a bad idea. It may take over an hour to get your bags moved, and you will likely draw some scrutiny from UA in the process.

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by twoner32
is this still alive?
anything for Father's Day weekend???? or around there. tough finding it now. thanks
Wow pulled? Booked a P fare last night BOS-AMS for $1470 and same P fares right now on UA are $3,500.
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by twoner32
is this still alive?
It is mostly July & August travel from what I've seen.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
It's still there, depending on the departure cities, I've found lots out of BWI to CDG, AMS.

Quick question, as i usually fly Delta, doesn't DL have a policy where if you find the same route for less they will match it?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I should know this but don't and can't find it online. For which *A members do I also earn the Premier status bonus (e.g., 100% additional miles for being 1K)? I know I do on some carriers but not others. TIA.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:26 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Wow pulled? Booked a P fare last night BOS-AMS for $1470 and same P fares right now on UA are $3,500.
Not pulled yet.

Just did a dummy booking July 3-15 on UA.com for PDX-FCO and it still came up at $1,480. (same one I booked for my brother yesterday)
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Crap...seems to have died mid-booking.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
$1500 Biz fares to EU dead

Appears to be dead, was looking at 7am this morning SAN-FCO/CDG/AMS and avail now its gone. All pricing at $3500 +
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: UA [Gold]
Yep. Seems to be gone. Any chance we'll get another one of these sales?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium
Yep, it looks like it is dead from BWI and ATL before I could pull the trigger.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Just tried BOS-VCE and VCE-SJC and it's still there.

Looked on Hipmunk, then clicked "Book on Priceline" and got $1530
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Gone on UA and ITA for COS departures in July... Was there about 15 minutes ago.
Looks like its still available on Orbitz.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
A good thing it is gone for me. I stayed up late last night hoping for a Skyteam match. Checked once in the middle of the night, and then first thing this morning. Now maybe I can go find something useful to do.

But congratulations to all who scored, and thanks to OP for my evening's amusement.

Romelle
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:37 am

seems dead now on ua.com, still getting it on priceline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.