Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: PHL-IAH-NRT-SIN $922 ai RT (~4cpm / 22550mi at least; April)

[FARE GONE] UA: PHL-IAH-NRT-SIN $922 ai RT (~4cpm / 22550mi at least; April)

Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:25 pm

Having done IAH-NRT in both BF and Y, it is tough that this can't be upgraded via GPU. Though at this fare and the PHL-IAH-NRT-SIN routing, this has to be one of the best bangs for your $$ from PHL in terms of miles. 4 trips, ~$4500k = 90k miles, but then you are way short in the PQD category.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Is this still alive?

I cannot seem to come close to that price
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jmcgrath
I cannot seem to come close to that price
Same search I ran earlier now shows about $1200. Most likely dead. Deals this good do not hang around very long
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
No kidding! Man, needed another trip to Asia...

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Same search I ran earlier now shows about $1200. Most likely dead. Deals this good do not hang around very long
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
For those of you who missed out and still want to fly, 848 USD available on QR PHL-DOH-SIN which is promoting their new nonstop flt PHL-DOH. Crediting miles to OW. I would much prefer to travel on QR than UA.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Catusa
For those of you who missed out and still want to fly, 848 USD available on QR PHL-DOH-SIN which is promoting their new nonstop flt PHL-DOH. Crediting miles to OW. I would much prefer to travel on QR than UA.
Why is QR preferred over UA? Does QR provide 100% or 50% elite qualified mile credit to OW? Just curious.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Nice find. But flying UA long haul on economy is $@*&$#!!
I will pass.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Catusa
You can get a tag to/from YYZ for not that much more. Just booked a ticket for my mother last week. There are also other ways to bring down the price.

Also departing out of YYZ, JL issued tickets via ORD and NRT were reasonable as well, but the QR flights were a bit cheaper in the end.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, US, SQ, TK, SPG, HH, CC, Avis, Hertz, Thrifty, Enterprise, Chase UR, Amex MR
What do we think? It's *A don't care about the metal. For those who want an A3/*G "one-and-done" this might be a good option. (5cpm) (ok it's slightly shy of 20k but pretty close).

Last edited by diamondeye; Feb 12, 2014 at 11:24 pm Reason: numeric clarification.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by diamondeye
What do we think? It's *A don't care about the metal. For those who want an A3/*G "one-and-done" this might be a good option. (5cpm) (ok it's slightly shy of 20k but pretty close).

The problem is that it's just shy of 20k miles flown, but all of those fares earn 50% on A3, so you'd have to take two of these trips to get A3/*A Gold
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, US, SQ, TK, SPG, HH, CC, Avis, Hertz, Thrifty, Enterprise, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
The problem is that it's just shy of 20k miles flown, but all of those fares earn 50% on A3, so you'd have to take two of these trips to get A3/*A Gold
I guess they want Y class or similar.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:36 pm

maybe dumb question but

Maybe a dumb question but...
I am really curious how Surface Interval could find such a great MR. If the source is ITA, entering "PHI - SIN, UA+" really does not serve the purpose. How do I know (or find out) the connecting cities in order to construct a nice MR deal similar to this? If the source is only UA website, that makes things even harder to find MR deals. If using multi-city, the connecting times are completely unknown. How to find a good route? Please give me a hint.... BOW

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
22550 miles, $922 AI. K and S class so no GPU's. Did not search for other fare classes.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by autobots
I am really curious how Surface Interval could find such a great MR. If the source is ITA, entering "PHI - SIN, UA+" really does not serve the purpose. How do I know (or find out) the connecting cities in order to construct a nice MR deal similar to this? If the source is only UA website, that makes things even harder to find MR deals. If using multi-city, the connecting times are completely unknown. How to find a good route? Please give me a hint.... BOW
Much written about ITA. A good roundup of some of the features can be found at hackmytrip in this post: http://hackmytrip.com/2012/09/other-...a-fare-matrix/
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by autobots
Once in a great while I find something to share with the FT community, but all I have to say is, "keep up the great work Surface Interval and other masters of the low cpm itineraries!"

Last edited by jmcgrath; Feb 16, 2014 at 11:14 am Reason: wrong quote!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.