Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:19 am
  #766  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the air
Programs: Occasional RTW club
Posts: 6,932
have people been able to make any changes to these? Considering rerouting a bit, no change in destination, trying to cut segments.
Pseudo Nim is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:20 am
  #767  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by tfc3rid
My guess is that if you never received a DL ticket starting on 006, they are going to try and not ticket the fare...
Sorry if I sound naive, but I still don't understand why ticket numbers are relevant. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the DOT regulations. I have proof of payment and confirmation numbers and emails, so I guess I'm not quite sure where 006 ticket stock comes into play.
JohnMichaelKane is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:23 am
  #768  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 299
I got 3 JFK to PHX F both ways for $117 ai Presidents weekend

I got 3 JFK to SEA $193 ai F out and T back Spring break in April

Any one know if I can upgrade the "T" fare with Skypesos?

Last edited by EWRfflyer; Dec 27, 2013 at 10:23 am Reason: spelling
EWRfflyer is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:27 am
  #769  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AL
Programs: All of the Above
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by jordroz
Sorry if I sound naive, but I still don't understand why ticket numbers are relevant. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the DOT regulations. I have proof of payment and confirmation numbers and emails, so I guess I'm not quite sure where 006 ticket stock comes into play.
It has everything to do with ticket numbers. No ticket number, no ticket.
DavidAL is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:30 am
  #770  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 207
Originally Posted by DavidAL
It has everything to do with ticket numbers. No ticket number, no ticket.
That's true to a degree, but the DOT Q&A suggests that confirmation number + credit card charge is enough to trigger the requirements of the DOT Regs.

If there had been no credit card charge and no record locator at dl.com saying 'confirmed,' I think the OTA is in a better position.
h8stn4d is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:32 am
  #771  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AL
Programs: All of the Above
Posts: 1,374
I doubt anyone's credit cards have been charged yet. Pending authorization? Yes. Charge? No. In the last you needed a ticket number for the DOT to get involved.
DavidAL is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:33 am
  #772  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
I have Worldspan access. Earlier today I was able to pull up historical fares on Delta for yesterday at 11AM displaying all the cheap fares. Now I cannot. There is a coverup going on.
gergev is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:37 am
  #773  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by DavidAL
I doubt anyone's credit cards have been charged yet. Pending authorization? Yes. Charge? No. In the last you needed a ticket number for the DOT to get involved.
I paid Vliegtickets via PayPal, which is linked to my credit card, both of which show completed transactions. What's the last you're referencing? Frankly I'm not expecting much to come of this from Delta, just voicing my frustrations I suppose!
JohnMichaelKane is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:38 am
  #774  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 207
Originally Posted by DavidAL
I doubt anyone's credit cards have been charged yet. Pending authorization? Yes. Charge? No. In the last you needed a ticket number for the DOT to get involved.
I have an "online statement" from PayPal showing the credit card charge.

I recall ticket numbers being the critical line, but the regs do suggest otherwise.
h8stn4d is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:38 am
  #775  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Programs: Delta Gold
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by DavidAL
I doubt anyone's credit cards have been charged yet. Pending authorization? Yes. Charge? No. In the last you needed a ticket number for the DOT to get involved.
I used Paypal in which the funds were withdrawn, and I did not have enough funds in my Paypal account so they have been pulled from my Wells Fargo account. I would assume that counts as sufficient payment as cash has been removed and delivered from my accounts.
RobKopp is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:47 am
  #776  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 30
Not even pending auth on my AMEX booked using ebookers.
ateet is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:52 am
  #777  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SW Colorado
Programs: UAL Silver Hilton Diamond Hyatt Plat
Posts: 164
Originally Posted by dakid23
So where is everybody heading too?


I'm going to Orlando!
Flying family (4) to NYC in May from my regional airport in Colorado for daughters graduation.

Funny thing is that I had reserved 4 tickets on AA for $275pp RT but had forgotten to finalize the purchase. Sat down to Kayak yesterday cursing my stupidity only to be face with $49 fares the same itinerary. Snagged them after a couple error pages. Found Kayak to be very helpful as it transferred me directly to DL. My family of 4 is now flying for less than it had cost for one. Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

After doing this my husband and I started looking for Hawaii but were a bit late. So happy with what I have.
MTJTraveller is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:01 am
  #778  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MSP
Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Posts: 2,218
Originally Posted by gergev
I have Worldspan access. Earlier today I was able to pull up historical fares on Delta for yesterday at 11AM displaying all the cheap fares. Now I cannot. There is a coverup going on.
Probably a Forensic Investigation/ Audit going on to determine what went wrong, how it went wrong, when it went wrong and who or what caused the system to go wrong. Management would surely want to know the answers/ reasons to these questions. What Management will realize is that DL IT is screwed up and needs major investments to correct all the issues, including ticketing, pricing, rm, award booking etc.

This is more likely than a cover up!

(Especially given the 'hacking' challenges faced by a major retailer Target Inc.)
dd1612 is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:01 am
  #779  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: RDU
Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Posts: 338
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
What did I miss? I don't pay as much attn to intl deals.

CDG-MAD Via JNB or SYD for ~$400
zgringo14 is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:03 am
  #780  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA Hub Captive
Programs: DL GM, FL A+ Elite, WN A List
Posts: 303
Originally Posted by dd1612
Probably a Forensic Investigation/ Audit going on to determine what went wrong, how it went wrong, when it went wrong and who or what caused the system to go wrong. Management would surely want to know the answers/ reasons to these questions. What Management will realize is that DL IT is screwed up and needs major investments to correct all the issues, including ticketing, pricing, rm, award booking etc.

This is more likely than a cover up!

(Especially given the 'hacking' challenges faced by a major retailer Target Inc.)
They already know what happened...
tfc3rid is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.