Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
have people been able to make any changes to these? Considering rerouting a bit, no change in destination, trying to cut segments.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:20 am

Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
Originally Posted by tfc3rid
My guess is that if you never received a DL ticket starting on 006, they are going to try and not ticket the fare...
Sorry if I sound naive, but I still don't understand why ticket numbers are relevant. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the DOT regulations. I have proof of payment and confirmation numbers and emails, so I guess I'm not quite sure where 006 ticket stock comes into play.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:23 am

I got 3 JFK to PHX F both ways for $117 ai Presidents weekend

I got 3 JFK to SEA $193 ai F out and T back Spring break in April

Any one know if I can upgrade the "T" fare with Skypesos?

Last edited by EWRfflyer; Dec 27, 2013 at 10:23 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by jordroz
Sorry if I sound naive, but I still don't understand why ticket numbers are relevant. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the DOT regulations. I have proof of payment and confirmation numbers and emails, so I guess I'm not quite sure where 006 ticket stock comes into play.
It has everything to do with ticket numbers. No ticket number, no ticket.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DavidAL
It has everything to do with ticket numbers. No ticket number, no ticket.
That's true to a degree, but the DOT Q&A suggests that confirmation number + credit card charge is enough to trigger the requirements of the DOT Regs.

If there had been no credit card charge and no record locator at dl.com saying 'confirmed,' I think the OTA is in a better position.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: All of the Above
I doubt anyone's credit cards have been charged yet. Pending authorization? Yes. Charge? No. In the last you needed a ticket number for the DOT to get involved.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:33 am

I have Worldspan access. Earlier today I was able to pull up historical fares on Delta for yesterday at 11AM displaying all the cheap fares. Now I cannot. There is a coverup going on.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:37 am

Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
I doubt anyone's credit cards have been charged yet. Pending authorization? Yes. Charge? No. In the last you needed a ticket number for the DOT to get involved.
I paid Vliegtickets via PayPal, which is linked to my credit card, both of which show completed transactions. What's the last you're referencing? Frankly I'm not expecting much to come of this from Delta, just voicing my frustrations I suppose!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
I have an "online statement" from PayPal showing the credit card charge.

I recall ticket numbers being the critical line, but the regs do suggest otherwise.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Gold
I used Paypal in which the funds were withdrawn, and I did not have enough funds in my Paypal account so they have been pulled from my Wells Fargo account. I would assume that counts as sufficient payment as cash has been removed and delivered from my accounts.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:47 am

Not even pending auth on my AMEX booked using ebookers.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: UAL Silver Hilton Diamond Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by dakid23
So where is everybody heading too?

I'm going to Orlando!
Flying family (4) to NYC in May from my regional airport in Colorado for daughters graduation.

Funny thing is that I had reserved 4 tickets on AA for $275pp RT but had forgotten to finalize the purchase. Sat down to Kayak yesterday cursing my stupidity only to be face with $49 fares the same itinerary. Snagged them after a couple error pages. Found Kayak to be very helpful as it transferred me directly to DL. My family of 4 is now flying for less than it had cost for one. Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

After doing this my husband and I started looking for Hawaii but were a bit late. So happy with what I have.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by gergev
I have Worldspan access. Earlier today I was able to pull up historical fares on Delta for yesterday at 11AM displaying all the cheap fares. Now I cannot. There is a coverup going on.
Probably a Forensic Investigation/ Audit going on to determine what went wrong, how it went wrong, when it went wrong and who or what caused the system to go wrong. Management would surely want to know the answers/ reasons to these questions. What Management will realize is that DL IT is screwed up and needs major investments to correct all the issues, including ticketing, pricing, rm, award booking etc.

This is more likely than a cover up!

(Especially given the 'hacking' challenges faced by a major retailer Target Inc.)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
What did I miss? I don't pay as much attn to intl deals.

CDG-MAD Via JNB or SYD for ~$400
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: DL GM, FL A+ Elite, WN A List
Originally Posted by dd1612
Probably a Forensic Investigation/ Audit going on to determine what went wrong, how it went wrong, when it went wrong and who or what caused the system to go wrong. Management would surely want to know the answers/ reasons to these questions. What Management will realize is that DL IT is screwed up and needs major investments to correct all the issues, including ticketing, pricing, rm, award booking etc.

This is more likely than a cover up!

(Especially given the 'hacking' challenges faced by a major retailer Target Inc.)
They already know what happened...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.