Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
I think those with .nl tickets send screenshots of the confirmation and credit card charge and insist that Delta Airlines UNITED STATES get involved in ticketing these reservations. Obviously DL Netherlands isn't privy to US DOT requirements.

Maybe ask the guy from .nl who his contact is at DL Netherlands and write that person an email?

I don't blame .nl, other than for their delay in ticketing. On the other hand, if all of their ticketing is done through DL Netherlands, then maybe DL Netherlands didn't get the memo that the tix are to be honored?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
I think those with .nl tickets send screenshots of the confirmation and credit card charge and insist that Delta Airlines UNITED STATES get involved in ticketing these reservations. Obviously DL Netherlands isn't privy to US DOT requirements.

Maybe ask the guy from .nl who his contact is at DL Netherlands and write that person an email?

I don't blame .nl, other than for their delay in ticketing. On the other hand, if all of their ticketing is done through DL Netherlands, then maybe DL Netherlands didn't get the memo that the tix are to be honored?
But isn't Delta's Europe Point of Sale handled by Air France-KLM and Alitalia? So would this guy's contact at "Delta Netherlands" really be a KLM agent who wouldn't know a lot about this glitch?

Would the DOT have any jurisdiction as the travel originates in the US?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
For those that booked via ebookers, are you able to see the receipt section on DL.com? I booked several tickets on xp.ca and I can view the receipt for all of them, including ticket number. But one ticket i booked late in the game on ebookers (only site still allowing it to be done) shows up on DL.com, but has no receipt information. I booked this for somebody else, using their cc info and email address, so i'm waiting on confirmation if they got an email and if their card was charged, but just wanted to check and see what the consensus was here as well. thx.
Try the FlyDelta app using the "confirmation" code on the ebookers receipt and First/Last Name. I did the same thing for my parents, and the ticket number shows up on the mobile app when you click on the passenger names. Took a screenshot.

My mom got a confirmation with a 006 Ticket Number from ebookers about 6 hours after booking.

Last edited by heyraffaello; Dec 27, 2013 at 9:49 am Reason: Additional Information
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Barbella7
But isn't Delta's Europe Point of Sale handled by Air France-KLM and Alitalia? So would this guy's contact at "Delta Netherlands" really be a KLM agent who wouldn't know a lot about this glitch?
Possibly. I think someone in a prior post had a bunch of links with the news of DL honoring the fare. Maybe DL Netherlands needs to read those.

Strange that ebookers in the UK had no problem getting things ticketed but something about "Delta Airlines Netherlands" is wreaking havoc.

Originally Posted by Barbella7
Would the DOT have any jurisdiction as the travel originates in the US?
I believe the answer to this is absolutely yes. You sell tickets to/from the US? Then you subject yourself to the DOT.

.nl argues that they are subject only to Dutch rules...and that's BS. So if they write in their Ts&Cs that they can sell tickets to the US at any price and change the price after ticketing at their will? I don't think they can contract around the DOT with respect to tix to/from the US.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by kss5555
Where do you see the ticket number for ebookers tickets on the Android App. I got a confirmation email from ebookers with the 006 ticket number, but want to see it on the App or delta.com which I cannot find anywhere.
On the app, under the reservation, go to details under the passenger(s). You should see the ticket # there.

Also, if you're logged off of DL.com you can put the ticket number in under manage my reservation. Should come up.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: Delta Gold

I just also sent in a complaint to Delta.com as I also received that same response from the Dutch. It is hard for me to believe that Delta would be able to get out of this one without major backlash from this community which has got to be worse than giving up a few free seats on flights that are not full. Hoping to just get a free voucher as both my flights were booked as RT same day. If not it is not the end of the world, however I still have yet to recieve a refund...

Anyone heard anything back specifically from Delta?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nas6034
So where did people book out of NYC and for what price? I missed this so now I have to live vicariously through the ones that got in on it. I missed the UA fare also.
JFK - SEA in Business $42
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
JFK - SEA in Business $42
That (!) is a deal. 767?

I grabbed NYC-STT, $105. Not an amazing price, but one leg is in first, another in B. I'll net over 5k MQM and 10K RDM. Miles alone pay for the ticket.

Almost had NYC-LIH but it repriced right as I did my CC info. Ah, well, happy to get anything, really!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:05 am

Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
Originally Posted by RobKopp
I just also sent in a complaint to Delta.com as I also received that same response from the Dutch. It is hard for me to believe that Delta would be able to get out of this one without major backlash from this community which has got to be worse than giving up a few free seats on flights that are not full. Hoping to just get a free voucher as both my flights were booked as RT same day. If not it is not the end of the world, however I still have yet to recieve a refund...

Anyone heard anything back specifically from Delta?
I also sent in a complaint to them, but have yet to hear back. Their Twitter team and phone support have been surprisingly friendly about everything, but not much they can do to help. I know there's always a risk with these, but to come out immediately and say you're honoring everything and then get emails saying it's not being honored by Delta really irks me...
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jordroz

"We are a Dutch travel organization that operates under Dutch legislation. Our website is specifically designed for the Dutch and Belgium market.
Delta Airlines is the service provider in this case and is the third party that has uploaded these incorrect fares due to a computer error.
As it was not possible for us to print the tickets we have contacted Delta Airlines Netherlands and tried to get an exception concerning your reservation. Unfortunately Delta Airlines Netherland did not honor our requests and we have therefore refunded the money paid for your reservation.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. We do understand that you refer to the US legislation but unfortunately these laws are not applicable to these reservations as they are made under Dutch legislation. We are therefore not able to process your request and to issue the tickets. Please note that we have requested the banks to process the refunds as soon as possible to reduce the impact of your inconvenience."

I got the exact same email, and I also had these tickets booked for others (I was able to purchase my own on Delta.com earlier and those tickets are fine). I haven't decided yet how far I want to push the issue with Delta.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

I believe the answer to this is absolutely yes. You sell tickets to/from the US? Then you subject yourself to the DOT.

.nl argues that they are subject only to Dutch rules...and that's BS. So if they write in their Ts&Cs that they can sell tickets to the US at any price and change the price after ticketing at their will? I don't think they can contract around the DOT with respect to tix to/from the US.
Especially if ticket is plated by Delta.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder how many were affected with the .nl cancellations. If Delta had said they would not honor these, I wouldn't be as irked but this is really getting to me. Am I seeing things right that they will charge € 0,45 per minute? Talk about great customer service

Going off of what jordroz said, Delta has been helpful with the ones that were ticketed. I got one ticketed through Expedia.ca and I was able to change it to an earlier flight with no change in fare with the change fee waived. Have to give DL kudos for that. If only DL Netherlands could learn...
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:12 am

Exactly. I have not looked at the rules regarding 24 hr cancellation. These are entirely different from the rules regarding 'mistake' fares.

If an OTA, wherever located, sells air transportation to/from the US, they are subject to the DOT rules regarding mistake fares.
Subject to the DOT rules regarding mistake fares, perhaps, but not subject to the 24-hr cancellation policy.
I've contacted Orbitz about my Ebooker tix and after initially siding with Ebooker they are going to reach out to Delta for an exception. I can't imagine that if DL actually looks at it and hears that I WANT them refunded that they won't go ahead and grant the exception, but who the heck knows at this point.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: DL GM, FL A+ Elite, WN A List
My guess is that if you never received a DL ticket starting on 006, they are going to try and not ticket the fare...
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I couldn't get in on it unfortunately, but a friend of mine got roundtrip business class JFK-PHX for $78 and change. I couldn't find a fare class on the confirmation, does anyone know what class they book into and what the mileage earning and MQD situation is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.