Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
I haven't flown on a non-mistake fare since October, and I don't have a non-mistake fare on my calender until May. Great 4th quarter in 2013.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

the CAD shouldn't matter so why is this roughly $10 higher per ticket than I would expect

Not a complaint for $10 a head but I'm just curious if they are calculated different on XP.CA
Just wanted to post mine for comparison, i booked exp.ca as well...first one is DFW-SLC-HNL RT for two people:

Detailed Tax Information
AY 10.96
US 0.62
US 18.84
XF 19.72
ZP 17.08
Total: 67.22
Total
Fare: 26.00 CAD
Taxes/Carrier-Imposed Fees: 134.44
Total: 160.44 CAD

This one is DFW-MSP-ANC RT for two people:

Detailed Tax Information
AY 10.96
US 0.33
US 18.84
XF 18.07
ZP 17.08
Total: 65.28
Total
Fare: 16.00 CAD
Taxes/Carrier-Imposed Fees: 130.56
Total: 146.56 CAD

Each individual tax is listed per person, then of course doubled for the taxes/carrier-imposed fees number. Not sure if it helps, but a comparison none the less.

Last edited by Mrgolfer21; Dec 27, 2013 at 7:43 am
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by hobo13
Agree with most of your points, except these.

If you decide not to use your tickets, sure, #6 could be true. But as for paying for the ticket and somebody keeping your money without delivering the service -- not gonna happen.

And screen shots? I don't think I've ever taken screen shots of the myriad mistakes I've done. And it never mattered. I would put this in the category of looking at your school calendar or searching for F -- it might be nice, but it could jeopardize getting in on the deal. In the time it takes to properly document your purchase, you might be able to bang out another set of tickets! Speed and scale.
here is why I think

#6 applies, in our rush, we are really not reading the t&c's, we are not looking at the fare rules etc.. when I buy a normal ticket and take my time, I sure do all of that especially on an OTA that I'm unfamiliar with.. ebooking falls in that category as does XP.CA.. speed and scale.. well this is what makes us risk our money.. we don't have time for T&C's etc hence the greater risk of loss

#7 - I agree, speed and scale. 100% however I'd rather get a couple right and go on the trip than say 10 and not be able to go on any

screenshots are quick.. its print screen, dump into an open word document.. in the scheme of things, it doesn't take me much time and it allows me to show that I booked what I booked if I have to fight for it later. Did screenshots cost me this time.. I'll be honest, maybe it did, I didn't get my last ticket right when everything was shutting down.. I was moments too late and I wanted those tickets too but I still feel more comfortable with the screenshots on the one I did get (HNL in F) as at the time I had no idea whether they would ticket or not. They did but again, at the time i had no idea.. they have come in handy in the past and to me its worth the valuable few ticks on the clock
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by ateet
At the heat of the moment I booked 3 tickets PHL-HNL and when the announcement came that Delta will honor these, I called ebookers and cancelled one of my 2 total reservations. They said that they don't follow US Rules for 24hr cancellation and told me 25 GBP charge per ticket. I was like whatever given the prices and told them to cancel it.

Before hanging up I made a point that I booked another date for the same sector and they said they'll refund in full since I booked again with them. I can see both the existing and cancelled reservations have been ticketed by DL. The problem is that I don't see a charge or credit or anything of that sort on my AMEX card.

Hopefully fares will be honored. But I made a point to cancel befor their self imposed 11pm UK local time which to me is surprise. Call center was outsourced to India or somewhere. Good luck and fight with them and they'll maybe waive it if you have multiple reservations.
I got in when DL.com was up, the ebookers reservations were my backups, need to cancel both.
I spoke with one of their reps for 20-30 minutes as soon as their office opened today, wouldn't give close to a full refund.
Just curious, did you see the 11pm (2300) GMT deadline listed somewhere? I can't find it.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nas6034
So where did people book out of NYC and for what price? I missed this so now I have to live vicariously through the ones that got in on it. I missed the UA fare also.
JFK-LAS $44 for NYE
JFK-LAX $68 (got 4 round trips all in Business)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:49 am

ebookers question

For those that booked via ebookers, are you able to see the receipt section on DL.com? I booked several tickets on xp.ca and I can view the receipt for all of them, including ticket number. But one ticket i booked late in the game on ebookers (only site still allowing it to be done) shows up on DL.com, but has no receipt information. I booked this for somebody else, using their cc info and email address, so i'm waiting on confirmation if they got an email and if their card was charged, but just wanted to check and see what the consensus was here as well. thx.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
screenshots are quick.. its print screen, dump into an open word document.. in the scheme of things, it doesn't take me much time and it allows me to show that I booked what I booked if I have to fight for it later. Did screenshots cost me this time..
This could be a new market for the GoPro Helmet cam!

I was about 30 mins late to the UA party a few months ago, and about 20 mins late to this one. Though I don't really fly DL, so missing this one doesn't hurt as much. (Damn, I sound like a snob!)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by hobo13
This could be a new market for the GoPro Helmet cam!
^^
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
I got in when DL.com was up, the ebookers reservations were my backups, need to cancel both.
I spoke with one of their reps for 20-30 minutes as soon as their office opened today, wouldn't give close to a full refund.
Just curious, did you see the 11pm (2300) GMT deadline listed somewhere? I can't find it.
I didn't. Not sure it's somewhere on their website, but I argued about 24hr rules and CS rep said that if you need to think it'll be until 11pm UK time.

Hope they don't screw me over when and if charges do actually hit AMEX.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by huntk
Sent this email to flightnetwork this morning:

I have reviewed my options and been in contact with both the airline and Department of Transportation in Washington. My response is below.

Yesterday morning I purchased a fare from YYZ to BOS for two passengers, in economy for $279.72, through ebookers.com which redirected me to flightnetwork.com for the purchase and ticketing. I was issued an airline confirmation number at that time and provided with a receipt for the purchase.

I then received an email eight hours later from your company stating that you would not honour the fare, blaming the airline for this and advising me to call in to review alternate options.

I wrote back to you immediately stating that I would be consulting the D.O.T. and a lawyer before responding.

In my formal response, I am stating that at the time of purchase the fare purchased was valid. The problem seems to be in your company’s delay to issue the ticket by several hours in which time the fare changed. If the delay in ticketing had not taken place, then this situation would not have transpired.

Delta has stated publicly, on their social media, as well as, through national media outlets that they will honour all fares purchased yesterday that resulted in some sort of a computer glitch. It would seem that my fare would fall under this category.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/26/news...html?hpt=hp_t2

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101297521

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfn...honor_far.html

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/delta-ai...ares-1.1608675

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashr...s-as-low-as-25

http://www.webpronews.com/delta-fare...onored-2013-12

My suggestion is that you contact Delta Airlines and have them honour the fare that they said yesterday they would honour, and reissue my tickets, as booked. Failing that, if your company wishes to purchase alternative air transportation for my wife and I to Boston on January 11, arriving before 11:00 a.m. and returning to Toronto after 4:00 p.m. on January 12th, at no additional cost to me, then I am more than happy to consider this case closed. These are the only two options that would be acceptable to me.

Kind regards,

"huntk"
In the same boat as my FlightNetwork reservation was canceled. I wrote a reply similar to yours - hoping something comes out of it.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
For those that booked via ebookers, are you able to see the receipt section on DL.com? I booked several tickets on xp.ca and I can view the receipt for all of them, including ticket number. But one ticket i booked late in the game on ebookers (only site still allowing it to be done) shows up on DL.com, but has no receipt information. I booked this for somebody else, using their cc info and email address, so i'm waiting on confirmation if they got an email and if their card was charged, but just wanted to check and see what the consensus was here as well. thx.
No card charged(US AMEX) yet and can't see receipts on DL reservations website. Keeping my fingers crossed for now. Receipt doesn't concern me more than AMEX charge. Maybe since it's foreign card processor, process might be different. But that's just a guess and an assumption at this point in time.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: DL GM, FL A+ Elite, WN A List
Maybe those of you who booked on a foreign OTA are not seeing your charges because the card issuer has placed a hold due to the potential for fraud... Especially in the wake of the Target ID theft, the issuers and banks are being extra cautious.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
No receipt on DL.com -- however, I have a ticket # on the DL Android App (same number for both my wife and I, but I assume that is normal?).

Locator on DL, seats selected, and a ticket confirmation from ebookers. Sounds like they are poised to make a bit of money from this, I'd be surprised that they would let these fall through, assuming that they actually booked the tickets when 'purchased'.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:18 am

Dear shuom,

Yesterday, 26 December, you made a flight reservation with Delta Airlines on our site www.vliegtickets.nl.

The fare for which you had reserved the flights was loaded incorrectly by Delta Airlines. Due to this reason we are unable
to issue the tickets for the price as shown on our website.

We apologies for any inconvenience which has been caused and we will refund the amount paid as soon as possible.

We trust we have informed you sufficiently.

Your faithfully,
Too bad. Was a fun ride.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by CabinCaptive
No receipt on DL.com -- however, I have a ticket # on the DL Android App (same number for both my wife and I, but I assume that is normal?).

Locator on DL, seats selected, and a ticket confirmation from ebookers. Sounds like they are poised to make a bit of money from this, I'd be surprised that they would let these fall through, assuming that they actually booked the tickets when 'purchased'.
Record Locator or PNR number could be the same for all individuals in a party.

However one has to have separate ticket #s for each individual on one PNR.
You may want to use the PNR/ record locator on Delta.com and check your reservation. You should see a separate ticket number for each individual.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.