Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
OWW?
Orbitz world wide.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
This is what their t&C state 1.1 Changes and cancellations – by you

a) You must call us on 0203 320 3320 to change or cancel your trip. All changes are subject to availability, limitations and restrictions of the relevant airline, hotel or car provider (the “Supplier”).

b) The refundable portion of your purchase price (if any) will be refunded to you and to the extent we are refunded by the Supplier, we shall pass this refund onto you.

c) If you want to cancel or change your booking the payment card fee charged at the time of booking will not be refundable.

d) If the cancellation means that the Supplier charges a cancellation charge (which in some cases can be 100% of the booking value) or if the change means that the cost of your booking has increased (if, for example, you wish to upgrade to a more expensive hotel), you will need to pay such extra charges or costs in addition to ebookers' charges set out below.

e) If you wish to change or cancel any part of your booking, an ebookers administration fee will apply.

Please see the table below for specific ebookers fees applicable to your bookings:

Flights
Change: £10 per passenger
Cancel: £25 per passenger
No mention of 2300 GMT in there, nor on the page you're directed to when you try to cancel something online.
I've reached out to Orbitz.

I was booking for a group so its not just a few bucks for me.

EDIT: Found the T&C on the website, couldn't initially
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Can you change it for possible future use and pay £10 charge?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Wouldn't be ideal as we're already heading to this destination 3x this year, but would be better than nothing. I imagine they'd make me pay the fare difference too
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Yes, but it will reprice at current fare levels.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:19 am

Programs: FB Silver. Some hotel programs. More interested in cheap travel than points accrual.
I got a mail from vliegtickets.nl:

Geachte heer BRU2m10,

Gisteren 26 december heeft u een Delta Airlines boeking gemaakt via onze website www.vliegtickets.nl

Het tarief dat u heeft geselecteerd om te reserveren was verkeerd geladen door het system van Delta Airlines.

Hierdoor kunnen wij dit ticket voor dit tarief niet meer uitgeven en vind (sic) u de actuele tarieven van Delta Airlines op onze website.

Wij verontschuldigen ons voor het ongemak en wij zullen het reeds betaalde bedrag zo spoedig mogelijk aan u terugstorten.

Hopende u hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd
It's a mistake fare.
We cannot issue the ticket at this price.
We'll pay the money back.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by onfo
Odds are extremely high these will be honored.
May I enquire as to why you were confident of this?

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If you have ticket numbers, 100%.
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
everyone needs to cool their jets

it isn't going to be known for a little bit if these will be honored, but the overwhelming record of mistake fares is that if you receive a ticket number the chances of the airline honoring it are much, much greater.
Originally Posted by DCA1983
based on all of our experiences with mistake fares and the DOT rules etc, I think we're all good to go once it tickets and at least some fare has been paid.

my first travel is on 12/30 so we shall see!
Fares aren't guaranteed till fully ticketed and I've had this happen to me. Best thing to do is to ask orbitz for a GC or something as when it happened to me they used the fares aren't guaranteed till fully ticketed line.
Cheers
Howie
Once again fares aren't guaranteed till ticketed. Not sure why it didn't ticket but I would be interested to hear the reasoning. This has happened to me before and it sucks I know.
Cheers
Howie
As someone who had more than one RGN round three ticket cancelled by Iberia several weeks after ticketing, I would respectfully disagree with the assertion that, once ticketed, all is fine.

Originally Posted by steveholt
Orlando news site says that Delta has released a statement saying they'll honor these fares:
I found DL's terminology ("incorrect" rather than "error") interesting.

Originally Posted by Joe Butch
We need to setup some kind of Flyertalk SMS alert for these type of events.
I'd chip in $50 to build a system.

Originally Posted by jenaps
The confirmation e-mail that you may have received is only an acknowledgement that the flights you selected for travel have been sent to the airline for approval prior to ticketing and does not guarantee ticket issuance.
Wow. What a laugh. Since when has "acknowledgement" been a synonym for "confirmation"?

The idea of hording these fares is just down right stupid. The airlines have shown time and time again they're going to honor them so what's the point?
Cheers
Howie
I would respectfully suggest this is a bit too much of a blanket statement.

Originally Posted by RenHoek
Here we go. You took advantage on another's mistake. This was not a deal. Buy a First Class ticket to Honolulu for your pastor with this deal, and give it to him or her, and tell them how you got it. Would he or she accept it? That's how you know if it's moral or not.
Hmmmm. There was a priest in my country town who . . . . Well, nevermind.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BRU2m10
I got a mail from vliegtickets.nl
Bummer.... but when it wasn't ticketed before the fares were pulled there is not much to be done.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: Double Platinum all programs (Shh it's a secret level)
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Thanks!! Finally they somewhat understand the craziness "what deal? wait let me call your sister and figure out where to go. Uhh no make a decision this thing will be dead in about 5 minutes. Oh uhhh okay do it...do it?? Did you get it???" my parents went from "uhh what are you talking about" to "fully invested" in about 3 minutes. Pretty funny. Also unrelated but I see you are based in Thailand, I may PM you re: Bangkok in 3 months (on a legit award ticket).

As an aside another huge thanks to the OP. This deal basically provided all of my discretionary (as of now) tickets for 2014 at a significantly reduced price including being able to join some friends for a ski trip in Utah in a few weeks!
(on a legit award ticket). As opposed to what? An illegit ticket?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Some O.T.A.'s not honouring the DL fare

Sent this email to flightnetwork this morning:

I have reviewed my options and been in contact with both the airline and Department of Transportation in Washington. My response is below.

Yesterday morning I purchased a fare from YYZ to BOS for two passengers, in economy for $279.72, through ebookers.com which redirected me to flightnetwork.com for the purchase and ticketing. I was issued an airline confirmation number at that time and provided with a receipt for the purchase.

I then received an email eight hours later from your company stating that you would not honour the fare, blaming the airline for this and advising me to call in to review alternate options.

I wrote back to you immediately stating that I would be consulting the D.O.T. and a lawyer before responding.

In my formal response, I am stating that at the time of purchase the fare purchased was valid. The problem seems to be in your company’s delay to issue the ticket by several hours in which time the fare changed. If the delay in ticketing had not taken place, then this situation would not have transpired.

Delta has stated publicly, on their social media, as well as, through national media outlets that they will honour all fares purchased yesterday that resulted in some sort of a computer glitch. It would seem that my fare would fall under this category.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/26/news...html?hpt=hp_t2

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101297521

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfn...honor_far.html

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/delta-ai...ares-1.1608675

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashr...s-as-low-as-25

http://www.webpronews.com/delta-fare...onored-2013-12

My suggestion is that you contact Delta Airlines and have them honour the fare that they said yesterday they would honour, and reissue my tickets, as booked. Failing that, if your company wishes to purchase alternative air transportation for my wife and I to Boston on January 11, arriving before 11:00 a.m. and returning to Toronto after 4:00 p.m. on January 12th, at no additional cost to me, then I am more than happy to consider this case closed. These are the only two options that would be acceptable to me.

Kind regards,

"huntk"
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by huntk
Sent this email to flightnetwork this morning
Without you quoting them a DL confirmation and ticket number it's all a lot of meaningless words...and just an attempt to book a flight, not actually booking one.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by danger
May I enquire as to why you were confident of this?
It's a domestic US ticket, not a $0 fare, so fully covered by the DOT, if you have ticket numbers.

RGN tickets were a new thing, and if US was a stopover, or final destination, they were covered. Maybe lots of drama, but covered. Trips to Canada had many more problems.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: DL; MileagePlus; other airlines

I booked the tickets to HNL for July, but I'm pregnant now and will have a baby by then. obviously couldn't book an infant on t he tickets yet. Will I be able to add an infant after? also, if I kiss the 24 hrs cancelation window (with priceline), and unable to go in july, I'll forego all $, right? booked four tickets so it will be a sum. I guess I'm OK taking this chance.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Why are some folks beating up on O.T.A.'s not honouring the DL fare

Originally Posted by huntk
Sent this email to flightnetwork this morning:

I have reviewed my options and been in contact with both the airline and Department of Transportation in Washington. My response is below.

Yesterday morning I purchased a fare from YYZ to BOS for two passengers, in economy for $279.72, through ebookers.com which redirected me to flightnetwork.com for the purchase and ticketing. I was issued an airline confirmation number at that time and provided with a receipt for the purchase.

"huntk"
These fares were bookable on delta's own website www.delta.com

It is amazing to read so many stories of folks having gone through OTAs that take time to issue the tickets.

One has to ask oneself as to why does one use an OTA when one can book directly on the airline website? with all it's benefits of cancelling a booked ticket, if ticket is not needed, before midnight the next day?

Especially in a scenario like this one when the desired fares were available only for a duration of < 60 minutes? and more like 33-35 minutes max?

Last edited by dd1612; Dec 27, 2013 at 5:51 am
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by kvolvo
I booked the tickets to HNL for July, but I'm pregnant now and will have a baby by then. obviously couldn't book an infant on t he tickets yet. Will I be able to add an infant after? also, if I kiss the 24 hrs cancelation window (with priceline), and unable to go in july, I'll forego all $, right? booked four tickets so it will be a sum. I guess I'm OK taking this chance.
First of all July is a long time away from today.
There could be many schedule changes and some maybe longer than the minimum duration required for cancellation.
So if there are schedule changes, and you desire to cancel, surely the airline will be delighted to cancel, refund the low fare paid back to you and resell the same seat/ s to someone else at regular or even higher than regular fares?

If you have a baby by then, and you still desire to travel, then buy a ticket for whatever it costs for the baby? You got cheap tickets ... why are you whining now?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.