Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by richardinmotion
Is this typical on a yearly basis, or is it something special for this year? Since I am 100% leisure, these sort of opportunities could have a huge influence on how I fly
I would say on average you'll see 1-2 glitches/yr but generally they're on a certain routes
Cheers
Howie
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by jenaps
Just got this from Orbitz - I booked it at 11:52am

Regarding Orbitz record locator: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Dear Orbitz traveler,
We regret to inform you that, due to limited availability, the airline was not able to confirm the flights you requested. As a result, no tickets have been issued for this trip and we have reversed any credit card charges.
Situations like this are rare, but when they occur we attempt to contact our customers immediately so they won't miss out on advance booking opportunities. To book a different flight, please visit Orbitz.com.

Our secure on-line booking system accesses fares and availability from the same central reservation systems that other travel agents and airline reservation agents are booking from worldwide. With the extensive volume of agents booking flights at any given time, availability for a particular flight can be gone in an instant. So when your ticketing request reached the airline, availability for the flight(s) you selected was no longer available.

The confirmation e-mail that you may have received is only an acknowledgement that the flights you selected for travel have been sent to the airline for approval prior to ticketing and does not guarantee ticket issuance.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to serving you in the near future.

Thanks for booking with Orbitz.
Sincerely,
The OrbitzTLC Team
Anyone thinking about going after Orbitz on this as they should honor after DL said they would. Happy to help if I can.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by allstarphil06
I just canceled one of my bookings with NO problems. Got the full refund, and didn't need to ask for it, just requested to cancel my flight. Just took 18 minutes.
Hmm... I just tried cancelling one of my ebooking trips and got the following: "We are unable to process your refund request. Please contact a Delta Representative for assistance."
I'll give them a call and report back.

EDIT: Was just told by Delta CSR that I would have to contact ebooking to cancel.

Last edited by BBPlaya13; Dec 26, 2013 at 7:55 pm
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Anyone thinking about going after Orbitz on this as they should honor after DL said they would. Happy to help if I can.
Fares aren't guaranteed till fully ticketed and I've had this happen to me. Best thing to do is to ask orbitz for a GC or something as when it happened to me they used the fares aren't guaranteed till fully ticketed line.
Cheers
Howie
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Fares aren't guaranteed till fully ticketed
That's my understanding and that seems to be the line in the sand for the DOT as well...so it's odd that Delta.com says "CONFIRMED" in a reservation that has been booked but not ticketed.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:58 pm

I should make an Outlook Group and just send out mass email when things like this go down, prob the easiest way rather than alerting everyone individually esp when time is of the essence
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Originally Posted by jeremywight
^ Yeah, stealing that one!
Me too ^
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Originally Posted by richardinmotion
...just make the Mileage Run thread your home page for your browser.
+1 (and done!)

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
I should make an Outlook Group and just send out mass email when things like this go down, prob the easiest way rather than alerting everyone individually esp when time is of the essence
sign me up. deviated from my normal routine and checked FT 2 hours later than normal this morning; missed booking by literally a few minutes. i doubt i'll be able to sleep tonight.
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
That's my understanding and that seems to be the line in the sand for the DOT as well...so it's odd that Delta.com says "CONFIRMED" in a reservation that has been booked but not ticketed.
Agreed. But if anyone had one with a ticket issued at DL and then Orbitz backs out - then time to go toe to toe
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jeremywight
I was pretty impressed at how quickly the views on the Wideroe error thread passed a quarter million, but still not nearly as many views at the RGN mistake. Here's hoping we have many more mistake fares like this in 2014
At least for R3 you could take out a few thousand views that LX is doing (from what I suspect, several views per day.)
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: United Silver
Missed this one by ten minutes - The one day I broke my normal schedule.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by h8stn4d
I really wish they would change that to awaiting ticketing...
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:12 pm

Any official booking from ebookers?

I have a ticket # from them, and confirmed status on DL.com, and seats selected, etc. But no CC charge and no DL email.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CabinCaptive
Any official booking from ebookers?

I have a ticket # from them, and confirmed status on DL.com, and seats selected, etc. But no CC charge and no DL email.
You won't get an email from DL and the CC can take a day or two. If you have a ticket number you're good.
Cheers
Howie

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.