AA - 1 segment short, help

Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat, AA EXP, Hertz Presidents Club, SPG Plat
AA - 1 segment short, help

I am one segment short with only two flights left in my planned travels for this year. How can I find the cheapest flight possible departing ORD or DFW. Ideally would like a super short flight. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have not been able to find anything that helps with search.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:45 pm

DFW-AUS on AA 1475 12/30/13 is $69 OW. Can do $138 RT on AA1505 return 12/31/13. If just a Segment run I'd be tempted to find alternate transportation back on 12/30.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
OP, what are your remaining flights? CFC will allow to take a routing that you are not ticketed but that pops up when the agent does a SABRE search.
For example you may have LAX-JFK and they will allow you to do LAX-ORD-JFK.
Perhaps you could get an added segment that way.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by jetlagjunkie
I am one segment short with only two flights left in my planned travels for this year. How can I find the cheapest flight possible departing ORD or DFW. Ideally would like a super short flight. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have not been able to find anything that helps with search.

Thanks in advance.
+1 to whtvrrob ...

I looked at IND-DFW-AUS-DFW-AUS-DFW-IND for a segment fesitvus day due to the cheapness of the segments .... there is something about MD-80's that I find so sexy
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
OP, what are your remaining flights? CFC will allow to take a routing that you are not ticketed but that pops up when the agent does a SABRE search.
+1 here. Just do a same day change or same day standby, it'll cost you $75 and as long as the origin and destination are the same you can add a segment (assuming availability). That way you won't have to force another trip and it's highly unlikely to get a R/T for less than $75. The alternative is go to google.com/flights and put in ORD or DFW in departure and play around with dates until you get a R/T or OW that is at an acceptable price
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I have a RT : MKE-DFW next week. After that I will be in MKE for the rest of the year.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I have a RT : MKE-DFW next week. After that I will be in MKE for the rest of the year.

So do a confirmed same-day-change to MKE - ORD - DFW or the other way around. You can make the change 24 hours before and it'll cost you $75 as long as space is available and you won't have to spend any more time on a plane or searching for flights.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
One segment short for what? I hit PLT yesterday on segments. Made it this far into 2013 without breaking my New Years Resolution, which was that I wouldn't hit PLT on segments, but sadly I failed.

41,714 points
50,744 EQMs
60 segments.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Panamajon513
One segment short for what? I hit PLT yesterday on segments. Made it this far into 2013 without breaking my New Years Resolution, which was that I wouldn't hit PLT on segments, but sadly I failed.

41,714 points
50,744 EQMs
60 segments.
One segment short of EXP. That is to many flights to fall short by one. Crappy thing is weather caused me to find alternate travel losing four segments over the last month.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:17 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thread moved

Please continue to follow this thread as it moves to the Mileage Run Discussion forum, which has been established for such requests.

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yeah... Definitely do the MKE-ORD-DFW, DFW-ORD-MKE or both. Are you EXP now? Same day standby is free...

Tele
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
ORD to STL is not mileage run worthy, but is a quick trip and not too pricey
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond
My husband has been AA EP for last 3-4 years. With a few Int'l trips cancelled this year, he is at 87,340, needing 12,660 miles to re-qualify. The AA $1799 buy-up program doesn't apply until he is at 90K. He is looking at doing a mileage run week before or after Christmas out of DFW. Does anyone have any mileage run suggestions? Or any other ideas? Also, I am a huge FT follower, but rarely post. Please let me know if I should post in a different forum. Thank you for your advice!
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by telephony
Yeah... Definitely do the MKE-ORD-DFW, DFW-ORD-MKE or both. Are you EXP now? Same day standby is free...

Tele
Currently Plat. So far no luck with same day change. Tried Thursday and again for tomorrow. Tells me; "For this offer, there are currently no eligible flights available." Might have to try at the airport tomorrow.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Currently Plat. So far no luck with same day change. Tried Thursday and again for tomorrow. Tells me; "For this offer, there are currently no eligible flights available." Might have to try at the airport tomorrow.
Sorry I did not follow this thread closely. Did you get it?
I find that the online system is not good at doing CFC, I find that calling is really the only reliable way to do it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.