Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:09 pm

Smile Thanks OP; In Europe, website was up till 30 plus mins ago

^ Thank you OP for sharing this find. I opted to top-up some more before Dec 31. There were better deals in the new year. But gone now?

United stated that my reservation is not ticketed probably based on San Francisco time. Got seats however and no discouraging email from CC either. The website functioned longer here in Europe, but it has definitely gone kaput! Or gtt kaput as they would say it in Norwegian.

This happened in winter, otherwise they would still be up partying and reading their Tweets if it had happened six months ago - they never sleep with the midnight sun at that time. Don't feel sorry for 'em, they are the Sheiks of the North Sea Oil.

They have plenty of money, and are about to spread the bounty by hopefully lowering ticket prices across the Atlantic with Norwegian. http://www.norwegian.com/ Just check out how many aircraft they have ordered, they mean biz, 'em Vikings! This little tempest today is just a storm in a teacup. They will absorb it.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danpeake
Quote:

Originally Posted by seawolf

UA will say we didn't cancel the reservation, WF did.

And how will DOT enforce? They can't fine WF for canceling your itinerary.

If they ever want to sell tickets to Americans or with itineraries that include US destinations they will.
Still doesn't change that DOT can't touch WF. SAS got rid of WF end of Sept. WF being a regional carrier means no plans to serve US.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

If its ticketed, it'll stick.

Frankly, I doubt WF even tries to cancel them. Try telling DOT that my 400 dollar ticket was a mistake! Not a chance.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by saranyc
Quote:

UA will say we didn't cancel the reservation, WF did.

And how will DOT enforce? They can't fine WF for canceling your itinerary.

WF is part of SAS, DOT can fine SAS.
SAS got rid of WF end of Sept.

http://m.atwonline.com/finance-amp-data/sas-scandinavian-airlines-completes-wider-e-sale
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by billyliu
I booked LAX-DXB for March at 12:46PM Pacific, and it ticketed at 5:41PM Pacific Time. I was still able to see fares on the cached website - so it's not quite dead. It is on 701 Ticket Stock.
I booked LAX-DXB in May at 11.58 am and it not ticket yet. I have LAX-LIS for Mar booked at 11.09 and it still not ticket.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
IAD-TLV ticketed after lo-o-oong 7+ hours

701 stock, looks like LH-K will earn 0 for UA
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Wow. 699 posts already in this thread!

ETA: 701 LOL

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by fesiempre
Booked two UA seats EWR - MXP at 15:24 EST.
Pending charges appeared and ticketed at 20:20 EST, used sapphire preferred.
still hope for you guys!
thank you wideroe! feeling ecstatic right now.
Hey, no fair!!! I booked 2 minutes before you (also EST, same route) and no joy. Hoping, hoping, hoping!!!

Programs: Delta Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Bonvoy Plat, National EE
"The following error(s) occured
We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012 - 1006)"
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by badmaxi
IAD-TLV ticketed after lo-o-oong 7+ hours

701 stock, looks like LH-K will earn 0 for UA

That is encouraging for those of us who are still not ticketed!

Originally Posted by denCSA
Mine says the same thing on .bomb, however the ticketing time limit on these PNRs is actually 27NOV13, so will not auto-cancel until then
Looks like it still owns 20% though.

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Dissapointed in missing this one.

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CO777ER
"The following error(s) occured
We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012 - 1006)"
I'm now getting the same message on the Norwegian site. Think this is now officially dead.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Interesting find, just missed it by that much. Good Luck to All. I'll be reading with interest, cheers.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA MP Silver
Originally Posted by hobo13
If its ticketed, it'll stick.

Frankly, I doubt WF even tries to cancel them. Try telling DOT that my 400 dollar ticket was a mistake! Not a chance.
Yeah - while one of mine was laughably cheap ($160 to Milan!), my $500 ticket is still a good chunk of money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.