Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Alaska MVP Gold, IHG Ambassador, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Got emails this morning from Wideroe about a change in my itin (LAX-IAD-DXB). Didn't see any real change to flights but noticed on UAL that my 3 yr old son and I were now split up into different reservations. Did online chat with Wideroe and they keep claiming they didn't do anything. United says they didn't do anything. I'm annoyed that no one is taking responsibility. And United says once a reservation is split they cannot merge them back again. The risk here is that firstly on the domestic leg my son loses his chance of an upgrade since I'm 1k and he's not on my reservation anymore (which actually means we both lose the domestic upgrade possibility since he can't fly alone in coach). Additionally in case of any flight changes/cancellations we might get rerouted separately. Anyone had any luck with getting someone at UA to help with something like this?
Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by CTheWorldK
Got emails this morning from Wideroe about a change in my itin (LAX-IAD-DXB). Didn't see any real change to flights but noticed on UAL that my 3 yr old son and I were now split up into different reservations. Did online chat with Wideroe and they keep claiming they didn't do anything. United says they didn't do anything. I'm annoyed that no one is taking responsibility. And United says once a reservation is split they cannot merge them back again. The risk here is that firstly on the domestic leg my son loses his chance of an upgrade since I'm 1k and he's not on my reservation anymore (which actually means we both lose the domestic upgrade possibility since he can't fly alone in coach). Additionally in case of any flight changes/cancellations we might get rerouted separately. Anyone had any luck with getting someone at UA to help with something like this?
Thanks!
R you supposed to get upgrade on non UA issued ticket?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by pbd456
R you supposed to get upgrade on non UA issued ticket?
No issues with domestic CPUs or waitlisting for a GPU (after being rebooked in Y --it didn't clear, though) on any of my Wideroe tickets. Why would there be?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
No issues with domestic CPUs or waitlisting for a GPU (after being rebooked in Y --it didn't clear, though) on any of my Wideroe tickets. Why would there be?
How did you manage to rebook in Y.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyer31
Waiver? Misconnect? Schedule change?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by flyer31
Jackal had weather related issues
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:39 am

I booked one of these for next week and now I can't go. Are these refundable or is it possible to change them? I would assume the answer is "no" but though I would ask. Thank you everyone.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:41 am

Trying to enter my Passport info and Known Traveler number in my reservation on united and it does not stick. Has anybody experienced the same?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by uthornsgo
I booked one of these for next week and now I can't go. Are these refundable or is it possible to change them? I would assume the answer is "no" but though I would ask. Thank you everyone.
Nope changes require fee + refare. Some of the DXB ones did have a refundable notation but change fee of $300 also applies.

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Trying to enter my Passport info and Known Traveler number in my reservation on united and it does not stick. Has anybody experienced the same?
Did people get precheck on this? I dont recall Wideroe having a place for middle name.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by CDKing

Did people get precheck on this? I dont recall Wideroe having a place for middle name.
I am trying to do it on United
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:55 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Just arrived in Paris with my family for March Break. EWR-CDG flight. No problems at all.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:09 am
jmw

Originally Posted by CDKing
I was able to get precheck by adding my trusted traveler ID number via the United interface prior to the start of the trip. My middle name was missing too, but that didn't seem to matter at all.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by jmw
I was able to get precheck by adding my trusted traveler ID number via the United interface prior to the start of the trip. My middle name was missing too, but that didn't seem to matter at all.
I am able to add it, but once I go back it is no there
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: UA life gold, UA/CO life Presidents/United Club since 1965; Marriott life titanium, HH diamond
I did msy-iad-dxb rt last weekend (one day in dxb is definitely not enough!) without any problem, including TSA precheck in the US and couple of CPUs. I did everything through united.com (after the buying the original ticket through wideroe). Thanks to the OP -- 17,518 miles, $432 -- 2.5 cpm!).
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Did my United PSP-SFO-CDG-SFO-PSP 7 & 9 March. Did buy up to biz which all cleared. TSA Pre-check and all worked fine. Already credited on outbound flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.