Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
3 future reservations are still on united showing ticketed without any errors accessing records
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: Costco Club
My EWR-MXP on Air Canada still shows up.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Plat
Both of my upcoming trips to Budapest and Milan are showing on United.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK*G (not matched)
Originally Posted by epiding
just had a disturbing report that Wideroe just cancelled a friend's flights to Milan in January that were booked for his family -- without any cancellation notice email!!! hence, highly recommend you all check your itineraries to see if they are still intact at United.

he argued with them (wideroe), and now they are at least letting him rebook (for his family of 4) new replacement flights for 1000 Krones a person.

i'm worried for my other friend who is currently halfway through their itinerary and still needing to take their return flight....

anyone else have cancellation reports???
Sounds strange to me... esp. with Wideroe now offering replacement flights for 1000 Krones (= 165 USD)??

Originally Posted by RyanOH81
If he received no cancellation notice how did he know they were cancelled and how does he know it was Wideroe that did it? Is it possible that he had a problem at booking that he just didn't realize until now (i.e. credit card didn't process)?
That's the same what I was asking myself.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: Enough
My 2 pax trip on Jan 16 EWR-MXP still look good...
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
My April ITIN to MXP is still showing up, although wideroe says that one flight time changed by ten minutes and that isn't showing up on UAL's website.

Also, Was anyone who booked on Air Canada able to get seat assignments?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:20 pm

Trips over holidays

So now that holidays are over, were anyone able to get some good fares through this deal between dec 21-31 period? or was the base fare already so high over this period that dumpig alone dint make it a good deal? Just curious. Looking for datapoints.

What was the lowest EWR-SYD or EAR_BOM people found through this deal?
(I know IAH and IAD had some pretty good fare when going via EWR/LGA)
Old Jan 1, 2014, 4:01 pm

Cancellation?

Has anyone on this forum received a cancellation? My reservation is still showing. I thought we were certainly in the clear by now and have starting booking train, hotel, and museum reservations.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
Originally Posted by ghiaaa
Has anyone on this forum received a cancellation? My reservation is still showing. I thought we were certainly in the clear by now and have starting booking train, hotel, and museum reservations.
Mine is still showing good on UA and I haven't seen much in terms of people having issues
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Just a 10 minute change for mine (12 Feb) and my parents' (11 Feb) LGA-MXP flights. Even called AC two days ago to add my girlfriend's newly acquired (by me) UA FF number.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So we've only had one supposed cancellation, and it wasn't the poster, but their friend? I think we're all just fine.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by germantraveler
Sounds strange to me... esp. with Wideroe now offering replacement flights for 1000 Krones (= 165 USD)??
Can you explain what this means, or point out the post for me? Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Has anyone had a RPU applied onthe domestic portions of these? Just wondering if it would work being on WF ticket stock?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Can you explain what this means, or point out the post for me? Thanks!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l#post22055701
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Has anyone had a RPU applied onthe domestic portions of these? Just wondering if it would work being on WF ticket stock?
RPU applied to domestic leg (flight will be end of January) and it cleared instantaneously. No issues with WF ticket stock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.