Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
just booked nyc to milan 150 all in in december 2013
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:15 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by critten
ives gotten AMS(nonstop), DXB, DUB, OSL, MXP out of IAH. all below 500. pretty amazing and my first few have already ticketed confirmed, though into K class - if someone would tell me how to get into the W fare!
Yeah I've been looking for two people, didn't realize the price was total and not pp..I'm an idiot
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Thank you OP. EWR-OSL Jan. Now, looking for more EWR stuff....
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:17 pm

best MR out of SFO? I see DXB for ~400 in March....
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: United 1K & AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by critten
ives gotten AMS(nonstop), DXB, DUB, OSL, MXP out of IAH. all below 500. pretty amazing and my first few have already ticketed confirmed, though into K class - if someone would tell me how to get into the W fare!
HUCA.. I've had it done. Plus then got the instant upgrade using a system wide. Best accomplishment..
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Yeah I've been looking for two people, didn't realize the price was total and not pp..I'm an idiot
Same here. It took me a while to figure it out.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
ITA isn't showing anything from WAS or EWR in a 1000mi radii from MUC...how are you guys running these searches in ITA?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Not ticketed after 1hr. no CC charge

It has been an hour and a half, and I still don't see any charge to the credit card, and the united website still doesn't say that it is ticketed. Is everyone else's doing the same? I thought I saw someone say theirs was ticketed within minutes.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Did anybody put in their middle name/initial? I didn't see a spot for it and mine is on my passport.

Programs: AC 75K / *A Gold
Just managed to book one BTV-EWR-ARN RT for 302 EUR !!! Early Dec. Just what I needed to get my status this year ! Credits in L for 100% mileage acrual on Aeroplan

Thank OP!

Originally Posted by jcollier14
It has been an hour and a half, and I still don't see any charge to the credit card, and the united website still doesn't say that it is ticketed. Is everyone else's doing the same? I thought I saw someone say theirs was ticketed within minutes.
Most are quoting 90 minutes to ticket. Stay calm and don't call! :-)
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Chucksterace
HUCA.. I've had it done. Plus then got the instant upgrade using a system wide. Best accomplishment..
I hope you didn't literally CA! Hah.

But seriously, I am just not seeing W fares. I understand you can scroll down the list of results to find pricier fares, but none of those are on UA. All the UA fares are pricing into something less than W.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I'm gonna a tshirt that says "Keep Calm and Book On!"
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: United 1K & AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by BookerNYC
I hope you didn't literally CA! Hah.

But seriously, I am just not seeing W fares. I understand you can scroll down the list of results to find pricier fares, but none of those are on UA. All the UA fares are pricing into something less than W.

NO!! I had a K class on a previous ticket and I HUCA about 8 times till someone changed it.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by dogloverjb
Did anybody put in their middle name/initial? I didn't see a spot for it and mine is on my passport.
Put it after the first name in the same field. It seemed to translate correctly when I view the reservation on UA.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.