Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:13 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Originally Posted by rankourabu
In late November 2013, Wideroe declared bankrupcy because it owed United Airlines NOK 3,000,000 in unpaid fuel surcharges after issuing over 20,000 tickets for flights on United Airlines
This wouldn't happen if their Revenue Accounting works properly.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:14 pm

I made 3 bookings last night, EWR-MXP. While I was asleep, I got emails on two of these bookings saying my CC had been declined. Then, while I was still asleep, got emails saying the window for me to re-enter my CC info had closed, and the bookings were canceled. I got a fraud notice from Citi later this morning regarding both those charges.

Third booking (for a smaller amount) went through and is ticketed/confirmed per UA.com.

I'm pretty much out of luck on those two canceled bookings, right?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:15 pm

Are these deals gone? Can't find any. If not where are you guys booking? Sorry if this has been answered
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by wpast
Are these deals gone? Can't find any. If not where are you guys booking? Sorry if this has been answered
Yes. This thread title should really be updated.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:17 pm

Finally just got past pax details screen for LGA-MXP 13 Feb to 17 Feb, booked it only to realize that rushing through it and selecting autocomplete resulted in booking two tix with my name on it vs my name + SO name, so went through and bought same tix again with my name + SO name, and am now realizing that taking that Thurs and Fri off (and Mon being a holiday) will look really weird considering I have to take Thurs and Fri off the following weekend for the Austin MegaDO....argggghhh what to do!

Plus can't figure out how to cancel first itinerary. Any advice? No link in the email as others have stated and when I go to wideroe.no to enter in my details, it says it can't find a reso with my email address.

Also - in trying to find this fare for late March (same dates-ish I said earlier up thread that others are seeing but I'm not), I can SEE ~US$250 fares on the flex dates matrix, but every time I try to click through on any date pair, it goes to like US$5,000 per ticket. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:17 pm

FWIW, neither of my AC bookings, booked at 718est and 738est this morning have ticketed. They do now show AC PNRs in checkmytrip and "confirmed" but ticket number is still none. Also still can't cancel one of them, there's no link on wideroe or AC!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by wpast
Same site. Appears that only NYC - MXP is working via Air Canada.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by LoneTree
Yes. This thread title should really be updated.
Yeah, what are the mods doing? Over at CC, you cant even sneeze without the mods being all over you
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jigen666
Did anybody book a flight that goes out this week? I'm curious to know if UA will react oddly to any PAX that has a ticket.

If not, I've got a ticket booked for 12/3. So I may be one of the first canaries in the coal mine.

Will keep you appraised.
There are people going this week over the holiday, posted upstream.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by meehgz
Plus can't figure out how to cancel first itinerary. Any advice? No link in the email as others have stated and when I go to wideroe.no to enter in my details, it says it can't find a reso with my email address.
I'm in the same boat, need to cancel my first reservation on AC. I booked mine about 7 hours ago and it can find my reservation with the PNR and email now (I was getting the same message as you for the first couple hours), but there's still no cancel link.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rankourabu
In late November 2013, Wideroe declared bankrupcy because it owed United Airlines NOK 3,000,000 in unpaid fuel surcharges after issuing over 20,000 tickets for flights on United Airlines
Given that Wideroe outsources the booking engine to a 3rd party what makes you think that they will be held responsible rather than the 3rd party or UA.

Also, I think that the 20,000 number is probably high and that the NOKs/ticket number you're using is low.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Patriots2, go to wideroe's site and then the booking page. On the top/mid right of the page, you'll see "mytrips". You can enter your details and cancel from there.
Originally Posted by danpeake
Once it tickets, you'll get an email from Wideroe. There will be a "cancel" link in that email. So long as it's within 24 hours, cancelation is free.
When I go to "my trips", ask for an email to send me a link for the trip I want to cancel, it says "no receipts are issued by now for this booking".

I guess I just have to wait and see if it tickets to cancel? Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by jimindc
I made 3 bookings last night, EWR-MXP. While I was asleep, I got emails on two of these bookings saying my CC had been declined. Then, while I was still asleep, got emails saying the window for me to re-enter my CC info had closed, and the bookings were canceled. I got a fraud notice from Citi later this morning regarding both those charges.

Third booking (for a smaller amount) went through and is ticketed/confirmed per UA.com.

I'm pretty much out of luck on those two canceled bookings, right?
YES. I got the same problem. I email them and asked them to retry my credit card again and they said they can't do that and you have to make a new reservation.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by KelseyR
I'm in the same boat, need to cancel my first reservation on AC. I booked mine about 7 hours ago and it can find my reservation with the PNR and email now (I was getting the same message as you for the first couple hours), but there's still no cancel link.
I did a similar thing yesterday. Didn't use my middle initial so I rebooked the same dates and then went to UA site and canceled the one I didn't want. I couldn't find any link in the emails or on the site. My flight canceled with no problems. I don't know if this would work for AC.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Just booked LGA to MXP for $480 total for my girlfriend and I on 2/12 to 2/17. Perfect timing for work and, with it being Valentine's Day, I'll be able to propose to my girlfriend. I have the confirmation code, but nothing on my Chase card and waiting to be ticketed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.