Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) IB (OW): MR out of PAR, 15K miles, $435ai, 2.8cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fqtv_kraven
Please post your travels here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1541904-ib-ba-longhaul-error-meetup-thread.html
Print Wikipost

(FARE GONE) IB (OW): MR out of PAR, 15K miles, $435ai, 2.8cpm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:33 pm
sbq

Programs: LH, KLM Blue, Delta, TK ELITE, MS GOLD, SV, IHG PLATINUM
Originally Posted by onobond
Although my first reservation under this deal "only" was DXB/DXB, it all came out fine: 1. Confirmation e-mail. 2. e-ticket with ticket # and 3. debit on my CC, the second one, encouraged by the bold, brave, and as least as, or in some cases even more, bonkers than myself, I booked a second, and now the "suicide" MR: SYD/SYD!

There was some hang-up during CC payment, but Confirmation e-mail arrived. Still 12 h later no e- ticket. The next day a copy of the reservation confirmation was mailed, detailed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21804296-post418.html

The majority of advisers actually said: Call the airline(!)
#1. We're sorry, but our website was down yesterday. I'll return within a couple of hours to confirm your ticket - (no call). After selecting seats on MMB on ba.com (reservation still visible there) - new call
#2. We're sorry, but there seems to be a problem with your reservation. I'll personally call our central reservations office to clear this problem and call you back today, or tomorrow - (no call)
After call #16, I must admit to beeing amused at all the entertaining reasons for not beeing able to get the e-ticket: BA cancelled the flight (not my reservation!) to SYD (flight and reservation still visible on ba.com); There is not enough MCT to turn around in SYD (>5 h); Since BA is operating the flight to SYD we have to accept they cancelled your LHR-SYD segment (not on ba.com); FFP # not found; this reservation is not valid, you'll have to make a new reservation etc. etc.

About half of the calls were answered by very nice female operators, who gave me there first name and promised to call back the same or following day - nobody did. Call # 17 on Thursday, the week before Christmas, and 5 weeks after the reservation was made, Ms Axxxx, showed some empathy, said: I understand what You have gone through, I'll personally take this to my supervisor and have it all sorted out. I'll contact you by phone or mail latest beginning of next week. Call or mail? NOOO!

As this trip was due late August, I still felt no rush. Call #18 on Feb 3, more than 5 weeks since last cal, I spoke to Ms "speeking-too-fast-in-spanish-accent", who, after speaking to her supervisor, said my CC was invalid, hence the reservation also invalid, need to make new reservation, but then "propably" at another price. Asking to speak to the supervisor, I was told to get back, as she was in a meeting. Asking for her working hours, I was told she quit at 5 pm (time in Lisbon, where outsourced reservation office located 5.18 pm!) Asking to call her again next day, was encouraged to do so. Did, but only to hear supervisor busy, my CC invalid (AMEX Plat valid through Nov 2016, and used all the time since November)

A couple of days later managed to speak to Ms Ixxxxxx, who said supervisor busy, but would personally see to that my original reservation was re-instated. Sid she would call me on mobilebeginning of this week, and to my surprise did. We worked our way throug the complete reservation, and she said she would send reservation confirmation (same PNR) and e-ticket later today. e-ticket - not visible yet. Reservation- Identical to the one I got in November, with the same text in Frech as shown in my previous post 418. Will I call the airline tomorrow - You bet!

Will return with updates. For those in the same situation, this time only - Call the airline !
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:37 pm
sbq

Programs: LH, KLM Blue, Delta, TK ELITE, MS GOLD, SV, IHG PLATINUM
You probably have waited for too long. I had similar issues with one of my reservations. Few days after making the booking I noticed that tickets haven't been issued. Initial two conversation with IB CS agent weren't very fruitful. Upon third phone call the lady took the payment over the telephone and within few minutes I received eticket.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:02 pm

As positioning and departure flights operated by BA, I called BA ORY and described coming to ORY on one PNR, OLCI:ed BP for return on another PNR - not going landside - possible? She replied: Going to Sydney on one of those Iberia tickets are You? As this was the DXB/DXB turn, I could honestly answer No. Her response: I wouldn't bet on it if I were You.

Its nominally 45 min from scheduled arrival to departure. Doesn't take much to disturb that. And it's France...
But 6 hours at ORY?? No way.Will seek other routing or take the bus from CDG
you seem to be very popular within whole oneworld all the way to SYD :-)
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:07 pm

Although my first reservation under this deal "only" was DXB/DXB, it all came out fine: 1. Confirmation e-mail. 2. e-ticket with ticket # and 3. debit on my CC, the second one, encouraged by the bold, brave, and as least as, or in some cases even more, bonkers than myself, I booked a second, and now the "suicide" MR: SYD/SYD!

There was some hang-up during CC payment, but Confirmation e-mail arrived. Still 12 h later no e- ticket. The next day a copy of the reservation confirmation was mailed, detailed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21804296-post418.html

The majority of advisers actually said: Call the airline(!)
#1. We're sorry, but our website was down yesterday. I'll return within a couple of hours to confirm your ticket - (no call). After selecting seats on MMB on ba.com (reservation still visible there) - new call
#2. We're sorry, but there seems to be a problem with your reservation. I'll personally call our central reservations office to clear this problem and call you back today, or tomorrow - (no call)
After call #16, I must admit to beeing amused at all the entertaining reasons for not beeing able to get the e-ticket: BA cancelled the flight (not my reservation!) to SYD (flight and reservation still visible on ba.com); There is not enough MCT to turn around in SYD (>5 h); Since BA is operating the flight to SYD we have to accept they cancelled your LHR-SYD segment (not on ba.com); FFP # not found; this reservation is not valid, you'll have to make a new reservation etc. etc.

About half of the calls were answered by very nice female operators, who gave me there first name and promised to call back the same or following day - nobody did. Call # 17 on Thursday, the week before Christmas, and 5 weeks after the reservation was made, Ms Axxxx, showed some empathy, said: I understand what You have gone through, I'll personally take this to my supervisor and have it all sorted out. I'll contact you by phone or mail latest beginning of next week. Call or mail? NOOO!

As this trip was due late August, I still felt no rush. Call #18 on Feb 3, more than 5 weeks since last cal, I spoke to Ms "speeking-too-fast-in-spanish-accent", who, after speaking to her supervisor, said my CC was invalid, hence the reservation also invalid, need to make new reservation, but then "propably" at another price. Asking to speak to the supervisor, I was told to get back, as she was in a meeting. Asking for her working hours, I was told she quit at 5 pm (time in Lisbon, where outsourced reservation office located 5.18 pm!) Asking to call her again next day, was encouraged to do so. Did, but only to hear supervisor busy, my CC invalid (AMEX Plat valid through Nov 2016, and used all the time since November)

A couple of days later managed to speak to Ms Ixxxxxx, who said supervisor busy, but would personally see to that my original reservation was re-instated. Sid she would call me on mobilebeginning of this week, and to my surprise did. We worked our way throug the complete reservation, and she said she would send reservation confirmation (same PNR) and e-ticket later today. e-ticket - not visible yet. Reservation- Identical to the one I got in November, with the same text in Frech as shown in my previous post 418. Will I call the airline tomorrow - You bet!

Will return with updates. For those in the same situation, this time only - Call the airline !
haha, what a mess
and now, be brave and entrust you to such employees at FL 350
what was the cost of all those calls? They should definitely refund it to you...
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by brumbrum
the one of mine holds all the eight flights. Or did you mean 4 inputs into the search, which give 8 flights then?
No sir, a coupon holds only 4 flights (this simply continued from back in the paper ticket days). 2 ticket numbers are issued for these IB trips (even yours.)
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Djokison
No sir, a coupon holds only 4 flights (this simply continued from back in the paper ticket days). 2 ticket numbers are issued for these IB trips (even yours.)
Ha, you´re right! I overlooked that the tix number is xxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xx
Sorry for my bad reading and thanks:-)
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by brumbrum
haha, what a mess
and now, be brave and entrust you to such employees at FL 350
what was the cost of all those calls? They should definitely refund it to you...
Ta-da ! New mail during the night with ticket #. Reservation visible from both IB and BA websites; previous seat selection still there. Thx Ms Ixxxxx, who cleared it all out. ^

As per phone costs: Almost nil, there's a toll-free number to IB reservations, so hard to claim refund. Time consumed will be written off, regarding the ticket price of €426
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
just checking if any of the flyers had any issue with irregular flights/operational issues while flying. Due to recent BA/IB schedule changes I have now a tight connection in LHR.

Just wanted to know how competent and helpful is IB/BA dealing with such issues.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
just checking if any of the flyers had any issue with irregular flights/operational issues while flying. Due to recent BA/IB schedule changes I have now a tight connection in LHR.

Just wanted to know how competent and helpful is IB/BA dealing with such issues.
What are those schedule changes ? Which flights are involved ?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
Most of my flights have changed schedule - 15 mins or so. Most drastic was a 1 hour change for my SIN flight.

I think most of the time I see transit in LHR around 1:45 mins, except once when it is only 1:15. I am coming from SIN at 5:05 and connecting to MAD at 06:20.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
Most of my flights have changed schedule - 15 mins or so. Most drastic was a 1 hour change for my SIN flight.

I think most of the time I see transit in LHR around 1:45 mins, except once when it is only 1:15. I am coming from SIN at 5:05 and connecting to MAD at 06:20.
Lucky you
Will have to connect twice in LHR from MAD with exactly 60 minutes... We'll see ! That's part of the game too
But I'm arriving very early from ORY and I might be able to negotiate an earlier flight if necessary... And possible
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:31 am

Lucky you
Will have to connect twice in LHR from MAD with exactly 60 minutes... We'll see ! That's part of the game too
But I'm arriving very early from ORY and I might be able to negotiate an earlier flight if necessary... And possible
its part of the game. i am looking forward it.

just wanted to check if anyone had any irregops so far...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:10 pm

I think that only summer flights are being changed, SIN on 747 to 15:50 from LHR is the most significant.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
On my second flight to Sydney I only have one 1h between my flight from BCN and the BA15 flight... Plus I'll arrive at T3, any delay and I'll be stuck in London...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
IB allowed me to move one itinerary due to "schedule changes."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.