Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In

[FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 7, 14, 5:29 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Name your visit

beckoa 24 February- 6 March, 2014 *might not stay the whole time in BUE
Exiled in Express BsAs 10 March to 15 March, MEX 9 March.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 6, 14, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain View Post
For AS credit the flight number must begin with LA and contain these eligible flight numbers?
yep, all my flights were in those ranges. the ones that did post were the ones that don't say "operated by...". (see here: http://imgur.com/8CbYkC0). the AS terms do say they need to be operated by LAN, but i guess LAN Peru and LAN Argentina don't count as LAN?

EDIT: fwiw, on alaskaair.com the ones that posted appear as LANCHILE AIRLINES

Last edited by jonk; Mar 6, 14 at 8:23 pm
Old Mar 6, 14, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by jonk View Post
yep, all my flights were in those ranges. the ones that did post were the ones that don't say "operated by...". (see here: http://imgur.com/8CbYkC0). the AS terms do say they need to be operated by LAN, but i guess LAN Peru and LAN Argentina don't count as LAN?

EDIT: fwiw, on alaskaair.com the ones that posted appear as LANCHILE AIRLINES
The eligible flight ranges should settle any discrepancies, but the transactions may be getting shot down by AS because they are coming across as LP (LAN Peru) or 4M (LAN Argentina) flights.

I am also waiting on some LP flights to post and I fully expect to have to retro-claim, at which point the transactions should pass muster.
Old Mar 6, 14, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2 View Post
I am also waiting on some LP flights to post and I fully expect to have to retro-claim, at which point the transactions should pass muster.
cool -- i will wait for the 60 days to pass and then request credit. thanks!
Old Mar 13, 14, 5:18 pm

An off topic, I am thinking bringing some wine back from Buenos, about a case. My layover in Mexico is 23hrs, is there any way to avoid the Mexico custom? I mean, I don't intend to get the wine into Mexico, is there a way to recheck the luggage with United without going through the custom?
Old Mar 13, 14, 5:34 pm
wpj
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by quintic View Post
An off topic, I am thinking bringing some wine back from Buenos, about a case. My layover in Mexico is 23hrs, is there any way to avoid the Mexico custom? I mean, I don't intend to get the wine into Mexico, is there a way to recheck the luggage with United without going through the custom?
I never saw any airline recheck before customs in MEX, but you can try to check your case in EZE all the way to destination: depending on airline and airport policy could work.

anyways I could be wrong but Mexico customs will care less about your wines.. you explain that you're in transit.
Old Mar 13, 14, 6:38 pm

Now I remember that UA and LAN use different terminals.

Originally Posted by wpj View Post
I never saw any airline recheck before customs in MEX, but you can try to check your case in EZE all the way to destination: depending on airline and airport policy could work.

anyways I could be wrong but Mexico customs will care less about your wines.. you explain that you're in transit.
Old Mar 14, 14, 1:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by quintic View Post
Mexico didn't care (nor did United States) with my case+4. Lugging this around MEX wasn't too much fun though (AM wouldn't check it 23 hours early- said earliest was 3 AM? ) and no didn't have luck in EZE with an interline (two PNR's)
Old Mar 16, 14, 8:20 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Got back home this morning, Buenos Aires was a blast and I look forward to my return.

I checked in with the Aeromexico counter at MEX and was given a BP with the Aeromexico flight number and code rather than the LAN codeshare I booked, hoping this transmits as such to Alaska so it is EQM and not nothing.

LAN is really a class act, the Lima international terminal not so much. I actually had a minor IRROP on the return and they took my remaining MEX-EZE ticket and my return AA positioning flight, both on 001 stock and rerouted me via LAX and LAX-MSP on Delta. I got home a day earlier and picked up more miles. ^
Old Mar 16, 14, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Has anyone had miles credit to AS yet?
Old Mar 17, 14, 11:35 am

We returned yesterday...

on the way out we got to MEX to find that AM would not allow us on the MEX-LIM leg because they were over weight... we were at the MA counter about 3 hours before the flight. I pushed to get the AM28 flight direct to EZE and was told it was bording and we could not make it.

Fun ensued for about 20 minutes and than I found out that the AM28 was late and we could make it and did.

So, direct flight MEX-EZE caused our return LAN flights to cancel out.

I went to the LAN office in Microcenter and requested a fix (direct flight EZE-DFW) because the EZE-LIM flight was full and did not appear re-bookable. LAN called AA (which the ticket was purchased from) and AA put us on a direct AA flight.

Our itinerary ended up being DFW-MEX-EZE-DFW nice for $365, not as nice as MX DFW-MEX-EZE-MEX-DFW $185 fare a few years back.
Old Mar 17, 14, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Has anyone had miles credit to AS yet?
I had to email in a request for the AM and first 2 LAN legs because I didn't have my FF# on them but yeah and now I am MVP Gold

Old Mar 17, 14, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by jrweaver912 View Post
I had to email in a request for the AM and first 2 LAN legs because I didn't have my FF# on them but yeah and now I am MVP Gold

Which airline plated your ticket (what were the first three numbers of your ticket number)?

The Alaska Airlines website says AM segments must be ticketed and marketed by AM... if they are not enforcing that I will dig out my AM BP and try to slip one past the goalie...
Old Mar 18, 14, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by YYZC2 View Post
Which airline plated your ticket (what were the first three numbers of your ticket number)?

The Alaska Airlines website says AM segments must be ticketed and marketed by AM... if they are not enforcing that I will dig out my AM BP and try to slip one past the goalie...
tl;dr It was LAN stock; I stacked the deck and AS made a boo boo (or has changed/is not enforcing their policy but occam's razor would suggest the boo boo hypothesis)

It was LAN (045 stock) purchased from priceline.

The last 2 segments credited by themselves as I was able to put my FF# in during online check in.

In MEX the AM check in staff didn't know that AS was a partner of AM and every time I confirmed they were indeed she would just point to the skyteam banner hanging up and say no only those until I gave up.

In Lima when I went to the transfer desk to get my next 2 BP reprinted on LAN stock she could barely speak english and my spanish is atrocious so I didn't even try to get it put on there.

What I emailed in was all 3 boarding passes and a slightly edited copy of my aeromexico virtually there itinerary as it listed it as AM 48 vs as a LAN codeshare (I scanned it and used paint to remove the reservation code, the aeromexico logo and the skyteam logo then printed it to pdf and combined it with the boarding pass pdf into 1 file)

The full ticket code was on all 3 boarding passes so I left it to AS to decide what to credit and how. I was hoping for this outcome but if they only gave me the 2 LAN flights so be it.

Last edited by jrweaver912; Mar 18, 14 at 10:02 am
Old Mar 18, 14, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by jrweaver912 View Post
In MEX the AM check in staff didn't know that AS was a partner of AM and every time I confirmed they were indeed she would just point to the skyteam banner hanging up and say no only those until I gave up.
AM was especially bad in adding AS MP #'s having tried several different times in MEX. I finally had some luck when I showed them a previous AM BP. The kiosks in MEX don't list AS as an option, but I think one can add during OLCI. I also had luck with the AM chat putting my AS FF# (and securing exit row) in advance of my flights. Still hasn't helped with miles posting yet.
Old Mar 28, 14, 11:03 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Got back from this run on Monday.
LAN flights posted to my AAdvantage account by this morning.

One thing that was nice was the 500-mile minimum. So, even though the intra-South American fares were only 25% EQMs, they still credited at 500 mi per segment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: