Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA: ORD to ??? How to Maximize INTL EQM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

I'm a current EXP looking to re-up for 2014. I'm looking to travel in November / December (during the week... exclude weekends) and want to maximize the EQM I earn while staying on AA Bare Metal.

I have 5 SWUs left in my account at the moment, and my point of origin would by ORD. Have no desire to stay / tour anywhere.

I was thinking about going to New Zealand and coming back, until I realized that the flights that go there are codeshare and I can't use my SWUs on those flights. So now my question is.... what's the "longest" (i.e. Most amount of EQM I can get) international flight that will remain on AA metal?

I know there's a ORD-DFW-ICN which round-trip is 15,286 miles, and around $900.... but was hoping for something like 30,000 miles R/T or more that remains on AA metal, wouldn't really have to book a hotel (or just stay in the airport), and I could shower up at the Admirals club.

I need aprox 60,000 more EQMs to re-up my EXP status this year (was a bum year for travel, but will be traveling a boat load of domestic early 2014 and some intl middle).

Advance Thanks for the assist! ^

EDIT: Before I get the "I'm wondering if the OP is weighing the cost to EXP..." question... or "free agent" question.... just assume I don't want to lose EXP because I've been EXP for so long and like it, and want to have it reupped by December.

Last edited by usafltg; Oct 28, 2013 at 11:05 am
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Going to the few Asia destinations is going to be as good as it gets unless you can add in some domestic segments. I dont think you will find anything that comes close to approaching 30k. You could also do the 2 runs back to back.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smitty06
Going to the few Asia destinations is going to be as good as it gets unless you can add in some domestic segments. I dont think you will find anything that comes close to approaching 30k. You could also do the 2 runs back to back.
Yea that's what I was anticipating. Where do you suggest "APAC" wise? I could do 2 runs back to back, Monday-Friday works for me.

Any suggestions? Appreciate the help!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:11 pm

On what dates is the ORD-DFW-ICN itinerary?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sean Hamilton
On what dates is the ORD-DFW-ICN itinerary?
Hmmm... somehow this has changed and can't get the same fare I had the other day... odd.

Looks like now you have to do the ORD-SFO for $200 separately.... then you could do the SFO-DFW-ICN, however.... to get the $800 rate, you have to stay for 2 days..... bummer... that's not what I want. Need some quicker turns with no hotel stay if possible.

Is there a 20K Run somewhere?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by usafltg
Is there a 20K Run somewhere?
The cheapest midweek run I've seen so far from ORD is good ol' MVD.

12,614 miles for $1,295.90 on Tues Nov 12:

ORD-LGA-MIA-MVD-MIA-LGA-ORD

It combines ORD-NYC and NYC-MVD fares for about a 10¢ CPM.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AeroWesty
The cheapest midweek run I've seen so far from ORD is good ol' MVD.

12,614 miles for $1,295.90 on Tues Nov 12:

ORD-LGA-MIA-MVD-MIA-LGA-ORD

It combines ORD-NYC and NYC-MVD fares for about a 10¢ CPM.
Lol, back to MVD again eh? Hmm I wonder how many times I could do that run in a week?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Didn't we combine some other stuff in LATAM while I was down there the last time to maximize? I lost the original post we ended up on. I'm wondering if just going between MIA and MVD a couple times during the week might maximize it as well. Haven't checked cost on that yet.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:09 pm

Didn't we combine some other stuff in LATAM while I was down there the last time to maximize? I lost the original post we ended up on.
LOL, for old times sake, here's last year's saga:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...in-exp-aa.html
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

LOL, for old times sake, here's last year's saga:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...in-exp-aa.html
Hmm... what about combining the ORD-SFO deal somehow. I was looking at the other post... was trying to figure out a way to maximize the following:

ORD-SFO-LAX-LAS-MIA.... That fare comes out to $426 (is that 9 cents per mile or something?)

In theory, that let's me spend a day on planes on the 18th, and puts me back into Miami on the 19th early in the morning (like 6am ish). Was trying to figure out if I could get to SEA from MIA and back for a reasonable fare to combine it with some MIA-MVD trips because the MIA-MVD leaves late at night both ways, so want to maximize the day on the 19th if possible. Couldn't find a good rate though.... Any good stuff out of MIA that would put me back before a flight to MVD?

EDIT: For clarification - I'm saying i'll be at MIA at about 6:30am on the 19th and won't have a flight from MIA-MVD until about 11pm. Therefore, I'm trying to figure out if there are any good low rates / miles I could take advantage of out of MIA to someplace(s) and back into MIA on the 19th before the MIA-MVD flight at 11pm.

Last edited by usafltg; Oct 28, 2013 at 10:46 pm
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:33 pm

EDIT: For clarification - I'm saying i'll be at MIA at about 6:30am on the 19th and won't have a flight from MIA-MVD until about 11pm. Therefore, I'm trying to figure out if there are any good low rates / miles I could take advantage of out of MIA to someplace(s) and back into MIA on the 19th before the MIA-MVD flight at 11pm.
November or December?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:20 am
Original Poster

November or December?
November. I was going to do MIA-MVD on the 19th and 20th... maybe 21st as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.