Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA/US: PHL-PEK $448 ai RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA/US: PHL-PEK $448 ai RT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rojo
As mentioned before, looks like there is something wrong with the codeshare. When you add a US segment it prices at $157 for weekdays or $207 for weekends + taxes
According to EF this is a legitimately filed AA fare. They have one filed for N at $314 and another one in N at $414. Potentially there is an error with the $314 filing (though I haven't been able to price anything down that low)
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
It's not calculating most of the surcharges, and I'm not sure why. Anyway, per EF:
/VIA THE PACIFIC/ MPM 8287
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 1050 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA LAX
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 1100 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA CHI OR DFW

Can someone help me interpret the info above? I think it says the MPM is 8287 unless we route through LAX, CHI, or DFW & it's lowered by 1050 or 1100 miles to make the MPM 7237 or 7187. Do I understand that correctly?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:03 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
It's not calculating most of the surcharges, and I'm not sure why. Anyway, per EF:
/VIA THE PACIFIC/ MPM 8287
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 1050 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA LAX
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 1100 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA CHI OR DFW

Can someone help me interpret the info above? I think it says the MPM is 8287 unless we route through LAX, CHI, or DFW & it's lowered by 1050 or 1100 miles to make the MPM 7237 or 7187. Do I understand that correctly?
Deduction works in your favor.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
I have PHL-MIA-ATL-ORD-PEK-ORD-BNA-DFW-PHL on hold, all AA metal, for $448. I found a nonstop US one-way DFW-PHL for $64 the day before I leave, so it's looking good so far!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I just did PHL-PEK versus PHL-PVG on GetGoing at $368 versus $460 and got PVG, so I guess I'm going there!

PHL-ORD-PVG-ORD-PHL, $467, 15,540 miles, for 3 CPM. Not too bad.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Can really get some crazy routings on this fare, just found:

PHL-DFW-SFO-ORD-PEK-ORD-SFO-ORD-PHL for $580. 22,140 miles. 2.6 cpm. March 18-21.

SJC is also available in place of SFO and gets rid of any concerns of delays in/out of SFO. About 80 fewer miles but $9 cheaper.

Last edited by whimike; Oct 3, 2013 at 11:54 pm
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:23 pm

kidding!!!!!! wow,wow,wow!!!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA EXP
Originally Posted by whimike

PHL-DFW-SFO-ORD-PEK-ORD-SFO-ORD-PHL for $580. 22,140 miles. 2.6 cpm. March 18-21.
lol gruelsome route!!!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:46 pm

Coming back want routing thru dfw-phl want to drop last leg ethier phl or ord can anybody help me can't get it !
will like below one but can't find it
PHL-MIA-ATL-ORD-PEK-ORD-BNA-DFW-PHL
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by combiblock
lol gruelsome route!!!
An SWU makes it a lot more palatable.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:52 pm

Wow, great fare. If I weren't going to South Africa and Whistler in Jan-Feb, I would totally jump on this one. Have few extra AA SWUs laying around as well.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:00 am

Please someone help? Ugh, this doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone know how to make this work from ORD? I'm still seeing the $448 price on Orbitz (which includes the PHL->ORD on US Airways and then ORD->PEK on American) but I only need ORD->PEK.

Can I book the full itinerary with Orbitz and then call US Airways and release the flight for PHL->ORD. Really I'm just allowing them to sell this seat to someone else for free. Why in the world would they say no to the possibility of making more money?

Sorry for the newbie question (despite how long I've been on the forum). This is a great fare though and I'd love to go to China (to/from) at this price.

I've been trying to figure this out for three hours now, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by enjoirsx; Oct 4, 2013 at 12:09 am
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Any March dates left? Seems like everything is back to $781 for whole month
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by enjoirsx
Please someone help? Ugh, this doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone know how to make this work from ORD? I'm still seeing the $448 price on Orbitz (which includes the PHL->ORD on US Airways and then ORD->PEK on American) but I only need ORD->PEK.

Can I book the full itinerary with Orbitz and then call US Airways and release the flight for PHL->ORD. Really I'm just allowing them to sell this seat to someone else for free. Why in the world would they say no to the possibility of making more money?

Sorry for the newbie question (despite how long I've been on the forum). This is a great fare though and I'd love to go to China (to/from) at this price.

I've been trying to figure this out for three hours now, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
you need to get to PHL.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by whimike

SJC is also available in place of SFO and gets rid of any concerns of delays in/out of SFO. About 80 fewer miles but $9 cheaper.
How are you able to book a route with that many connections/segments? Are you doing it on AA.com? When I search on AA.com the largest number of connections it suggests in the selection options of a RT ticket is 3. And multi-city itineraries on AA.com don't allow that many segments either, so how are you doing it? I know I'm missing something basic here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.