Wiki Posts
Search

AA MR From DFW?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT100
AA MR From DFW?

I don't pretend to know what I am doing, but for the life of me I cannot begin to figure out anything even remotely close to a good deal from DFW on AA. Is there some guidance I am not seeing when I search previous threads which will help me?

-Requirements-
Cost: Cheap
Time: Whenever
Destination: Wherever

Thank you!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
How many miles do you need? Do you need EQP or EQM?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
DFW-ANC Sep 30 - Oct 1 can be done for 574 (8 CPM). Not really that great of a rate but a starting point.

Give us some more parameters and what you're trying to achieve.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:41 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
try leaving from tyr or act.....they can be good at times....

whats your elite status w/aa?

Last edited by clacko; Sep 11, 2013 at 4:13 pm
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by BrassMonkehy
I cannot begin to figure out anything even remotely close to a good deal from DFW on AA. Is there some guidance I am not seeing when I search previous threads which will help me?
Not that I'm an expert either, but I've never come up with anything useful unless AA was doing the DEQM / TEQM deals to keep us off VX (which appears to have worked). AA barely lifts a finger to get us DFW residents on their planes because they know they don't have to. Ironic that they should call this a loyalty program while we in AA's hometown see so little loyalty. (Never offered the 10% off gift cards at DFW Costco stores...).

Personally I'm not going to drive out to ABI or GGG to get a lower fare but that may work for others. In theory you could use miles to position yourself to/from BOS and then do the BOS-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS MR elsewhere in this forum. For me that is some ways beyond the sanity barrier.

The only alternative here is Spirit and AA knows better than to take them seriously. When my company booking site flagged up that I'd passed on a lower Spirit fare because of "flight timing" my boss asked me what was the timing issue. I told him the timing issue was that it would be a cold day in hell before I board a Spirit flight.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: AS GOLD MVP 75k, DL SILVER, PRIORITY CLUB PLATINUM
Drive Further South

You can do 3.9cpm Aus-Anc about 9,300 miles for $363.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by travelbunny123
How? And what routing? I see about $550 for almost 4000 miles through LAX.

I'm also in DFW and looking for about 10,000 miles to maintain gold status. I have done almost zero work travel this year and only have about 7500 miles YTD. I'm going to get another 8,000 or so next month but will still be around 10,000 short to hit my 25K for gold.

Considering a flight from DFW-EZE for $1200 but that seems pretty pricey. I would work a short trip in to make the most of it but really looking for inexpensive mileage run(s).
Old Sep 15, 2013, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I have dropped back down to Gold sadly. I am about to start travelling extensively again so really just looking to rack up points and segments before that happens in a month or so. Hope that makes sense.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 11:59 am
Original Poster

This is something I could do. Could you help me to understand where to find that fare?

Originally Posted by travelbunny123
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Basically, I always use miles (Avios can be a steal...) or a sale fare to position to somewhere that has good MR-worthy fares.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by clacko
try leaving from tyr or act.....they can be good at times....
I second this idea... not sure about ACT but this fall TYR has consistently been $100, all the way up to $300 cheaper RT than DFW for many domestic destinations. If you have elite status, you get 500 eqm for a 103m flight, and with the new toll road Loop 49 in Tyler, the driving time from DFW-TYR is only about 100 minutes.

FWIW, I am booked for a couple weekend MR's / short trips in the 5-6 cpm range out of TYR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.