Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Run Nostalgia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold
Mileage Run Nostalgia

Just want to start off by saying that I salute all of you mileage runners. I have just recently gotten into the game, though I have stalked posts here for almost two years.

As I really begin to plot my MRs, I wanted to know what are some of your most memorable mileage runs. They can be memorable for number of miles (50k+? Is it possible? ), number of MQS's, hard times in foreign airport security, celebrity sightings, whatever!

Just wanted some glory day stories from you kind folks.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
my faves were dfw-lgw/lhr get off, get back on @ $300ish did a bunch over the years.....got close to 20k rdm, so maybe $400 worth to pay for the trip....prob did 20 mr to europe...

the last 3 i did in jan when i was 74 to jump start the drive to exp....
unfortunately, i ended the year w/127k.....no mr's since then, but did max visits like dfw-lax-iad rt to the smithsonian air museum near there....

recent years have been cruises & family get togethers...

Last edited by clacko; Aug 15, 2013 at 6:25 am
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Right on the first page of this forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...t-history.html
Old Aug 14, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Latin Pass

I just posted on the linked thread. Check it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.