Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK in C class One-Way !! JNB - ZRH / GVA - 470 $

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TK in C class One-Way !! JNB - ZRH / GVA - 470 $

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
my ticket comes in 31hours37mins after i place my booking while stucking in MH golden lounge in KUL...
things goes much smoother then i though...wondering why fares still flying around
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by armagebedar
You may want to check your reservation then -- mine was cancelled after about 30 hours with no notice.
yeah my CC was not charged either. How would I check w/out calling the airlines.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
I just got off the phone with UA to get it ticketed. 25 hours had gone by and it hadn't ticketed. They had just gotten the TK approval. She reviewed the whole itinerary including price and I had to give CC info again. She gave met the TK confirmation number, which you need to get seats. No problems. Email just received.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
I just got off the phone with UA to get it ticketed. 25 hours had gone by and it hadn't ticketed. They had just gotten the TK approval. She reviewed the whole itinerary including price and I had to give CC info again. She gave met the TK confirmation number, which you need to get seats. No problems. Email just received.
Sweet. Thanks for following the number one rule here.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Look, if we have to call to get it ticketed, we have to call. No one wants to have their reservation cancel like happened to other poster. UA could care less - it is a TK fare. When UA contacts TK to get the OK, that is the call to worry about. And that is out of our hands and is probably done electronically.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:47 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dogloverjb
Look, if we have to call to get it ticketed, we have to call. No one wants to have their reservation cancel like happened to other poster. UA could care less - it is a TK fare. When UA contacts TK to get the OK, that is the call to worry about. And that is out of our hands and is probably done electronically.
So wrong! You did not respect the #1 rule! You got yourself ticketed but might cause others to lose the fare if this draws attention.

Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by rkaradi
How are you verifying that the ticket was issued. I have yet to get an email form UA confirming and it has been 32 hours.
I got an e-mail with ticket receipt and confirmation by United.
As others said, I don't see the need to call the airline (UA) to get ticketed until the fare is alive (except if u're flying soon - e.g. 5 days). Calling the airline has to be considered as an extrema ratio to use only for real - and I mean real - need.
In this case I don't see any need to call the airline. Being part of flyertalk community means to co-operate all together to give others the same opportunities I (we) got. And frankly many FTers in these days seem to behave in a very inexpert way (sorry, don't take it personally).
I enjoyed some Mistake fares and I learned that there's nothing you can do at this stage. Now you have to roll your dice (booking the fare), and try your luck (hoping to get ticketed).
Then we'll wait for the airline (TK-UA)... will they honour it? will they cancel it? who knows... but it's not calling UA and pushing them to ticket your booking that will improve your chances....
If you want my suggestion, sit back, relax and enjoy your day...
just my 0.02$

Cheers
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Sweet. Thanks for following the number one rule here.
Originally Posted by Frederik123
After 26 h of waiting, it finally got ticketed! JNB-BSL of course on 016- stock
What does "016- stock" mean?
Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by x1achilles
What does "016- stock" mean?
Thanks
United tickets start with 016.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:17 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
With the South African deal, the day I want JNB-IST-GVA is available in J but the CPT-JNB is not...has anyone figured out how to put oneself in coach for that wee segment? On ua, if I try to break it (with the cpt-jnb specified in economy)it will not even bring up the flights...Argh--this is what an agent is good for!--just kidding!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by frank_10b
With the South African deal, the day I want JNB-IST-GVA is available in J but the CPT-JNB is not...has anyone figured out how to put oneself in coach for that wee segment? On ua, if I try to break it (with the cpt-jnb specified in economy)it will not even bring up the flights...Argh--this is what an agent is good for!--just kidding!
Can you book a one way on Kulula or Mango?

signol
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by signol
Can you book a one way on Kulula or Mango?

signol
Sure! They have some very reasonable prices out.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:16 am

FYI, my JNB-ZRH ticketing time was abou 44 hours!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:26 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Couldn't find anything. Then broke down the journey to have a 30 hour stopover in Istanbul where I can get a flight back to my hometown with a different carrier.

Glad to avoid Switzerland! Now, shall I, shan't I?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:27 am

CPT fares have hit the blogs....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.