Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
Has anyone cancelled their tickets with expedia for the SEZ-DUB fare, and do they know if those tickets are instantly available for rebooking? I want to remove the layover in AUH (it looks like I'm flying Emirates there, so I'd rather do a layover in DXB for convenience.. but if the tickets aren't available for resale, I'll just drive the 1.5hrs from AUH-DXB there and back).
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by dll
Planning a trip to Seychelles later this year and found this fare filed - 288USD one-way for SEZ-DUB, fare filed by HM (Air Seychelles) but operated by Etihad via AUH. Good connection in AUH with 1h stop. Fare books into I class, discounted business. Found tons of availability. 50USD change/150 USD cancellation fee.
Just wanted to say thanks OP. I finally booked it after thinking about it since you posted.

Btw does anyone know if I'll have a problem connecting in KRT with an Israeli passport stamp in my US passport?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by greendx
Btw does anyone know if I'll have a problem connecting in KRT with an Israeli passport stamp in my US passport?
I doubt there is any official problem, but traveling through a place like that you can be subject to the whims of petty officials. So the answer to your question is maybe yes, maybe no. I would apply for a second passport if I were you. And the best advice is to always ask Israeli immigration to NOT stamp your passport. They have no problem with that request.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:45 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by smachiz
Has anyone cancelled their tickets with expedia for the SEZ-DUB fare, and do they know if those tickets are instantly available for rebooking? I want to remove the layover in AUH (it looks like I'm flying Emirates there, so I'd rather do a layover in DXB for convenience.. but if the tickets aren't available for resale, I'll just drive the 1.5hrs from AUH-DXB there and back).
I wouldn't take the gamble until you secure a new ticket.

I had to cancel and rebook, but managed to get a 2nd one booked and ticketed before cancelling the first. When I was trying to do that, both ITA and EX were showing no more availability. However when I clicked through on EX it would reprice to the "mistake" price after all. And that seems to still be working...
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AC/AS
I booked this a few hours ago only to find out I have to push the dates a week forward.

Does anyone know how/where I can cancel through expedia? (I used Expedia.co.uk!) Does the 24 hour free cancellation apply with the .co.uk website?)
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by dewidewi
Does anyone know how/where I can cancel through expedia? (I used Expedia.co.uk!) Does the 24 hour free cancellation apply with the .co.uk website?)
No.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:33 am

WAW-JFK-WAW/LHR/MAN/CPH/MAD for ~$1600 in J/I in July, didnt check other months

BA I7SALE
AA I4UKJB
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: AA
I am trying to book through DXB but no luck. Any hints?

Here are some information that I found out while booking the ticket.
1. Layover in AUH does not have to be 3 days, I have booked a ticket with 2 months layover without any problem, so I combined two trips into it.
2. Tickets show all business before making the final decision but confirmation from Expedia is economy. But it books into I on HM; etihad website shows two different classes depending on how you pull the itinerary. You can book your seat through expedia. But I still haven't figured out how to check my expedia booked itinerary on HM website. Any ideas?
3. You can park your EY miles on AA without EQM but with bonus (125%), but you can also park them on Etihad guest (135%) and HM leg can be deposited to Etihad guest with 135% but it seems like no elite miles on Etihad guest from HM.
4. In terms of getting to SEZ, QR has flights until August 31. Their award availability is wide open at this point. DOH-SEZ one way is 12500 (+440QR) miles on economy, 22500 (+540QR) on business. It's a red-eye flight (00:35 to 06.30) but business class is angled flat. This is useful if you can get to Doha on revenue (For example, check NYC-DOH, DUB-NYC fares on AA) and have some miles on QR. You can also purchase QR miles with less than 3 cents per mile.

If not, you can use NH miles on QR flights from any destination that QR flies. This means you can have a layover in DOH and miles would probably come out reasonably. And I think NH is AMEX partner.

You can use AA miles from AUH to SEZ on EY but this is considered as a flight over two different regions so it might make sense to book one way from US to SEZ on AA with EY.

I am heading there on the last week of August. If anyone is heading there around the same time, let me know.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by sony2012
I am heading there on the last week of August. If anyone is heading there around the same time, let me know.
If this doesn't blow officially like WY fare, you will be one of the first to know whether it will be honored. We all wish you best of luck
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I've been warned not to pull the trigger on this by Mrs W.

If I were doing it, however, id book for next year and wait for QR to join OW before booking positioning flights. There's usually a redemption sale when an airline joins.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:20 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic
No.
You can cancel on expedia.co.uk on the same date, but not 24 hrs.

So if you make your booking at 12:01 am, you have almost 24 hrs to cancel. But if you make your booking at 11:59 pm you have a whole minute to cancel without penalty.

Yes, a very bizarre policy.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I've been warned not to pull the trigger on this by Mrs W.

If I were doing it, however, id book for next year and wait for QR to join OW before booking positioning flights. There's usually a redemption sale when an airline joins.
Except QR won't be flying there after August.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Far Siren
You can cancel on expedia.co.uk on the same date, but not 24 hrs.

So if you make your booking at 12:01 am, you have almost 24 hrs to cancel. But if you make your booking at 11:59 pm you have a whole minute to cancel without penalty.

Yes, a very bizarre policy.
And I would assume the time zone is GMT?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thanks very much to the OP for the HM/EY SEZ-AUH-DUB offer!

I wasn't able to book on Expedia (any flavour), who told me when trying to take payment that the ticket had sold out, please search again.

I was able to finally book a ticket on Opodo (DE).

Edited to note: when looking at the reservation on the Etihad website, the SEZ-AUH is listed as departing at 15:40 on day 1, and arriving at 20:10 on day 2, i.e. more than 24 hours in the air!!!!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Edited to note: when looking at the reservation on the Etihad website, the SEZ-AUH is listed as departing at 15:40 on day 1, and arriving at 20:10 on day 2, i.e. more than 24 hours in the air!!!!
The flight SEZ-AUH departs 20:40 and there are no other options. What are you looking at??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.