Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by nissan720
I just landed in Dublin. We were able to make the flight ^.

The flight was actually held by Etihad for my wife and I to make the connection. We arrived at the gate about 5 minutes after the listed departure time but they were still waiting on us.

We were the last ones on the fight and once aboard the doors closed but the flight waited another 10 minutes while they loaded our last minute bags.

Here is our timeline:
Left Seychelles 9:40 (65 minutes late)
Landed Abu Dhabi 1:53 (48 minutes late)
Parked at Stand 2:00 and on business class Bus
Lots of running through customs, security, and terminal
Arrived at Gate 2:20 (5 minutes after departure time)
Pushed back from Gate 2:30
Landed Dublin 6:50 (As scheduled)
Greetings from the Vallee de Mai lounge.

Checked as soon as the checkin was open, no issues apart from that we will not be flying to DUB directly, but we have to spend the night in AUH and then fly to MAN at 10:40am and then DUB because our flight was delayed an hour. They didn't mention anything about holding it for us.

Luggage checked to DUB, wife is not happy. And we need visas to enter UAE. It will be fun in AUH once we land and not sure where we'll spend the night.

Crap.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
15kg pp. However they took my hand luggage too which was around 10kg as they couldn't fit it in the cabin. It was a normal cabin approved bag. I would suggest carry a hand bag each if you are over the luggage allowance and max load each checked in suitcase to 17-18kg. YMMV as always.
Actually, it was 20kg pp. We checked one 19.8 and one 18.8kg suitcases.

Also, I changed the flight to earlier one over the phone from the hotel, the agent told me I have to pickup the tickets at PRI and pay the 10e pp change fee. I just went to checkin and nobody asked for the change fee.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:34 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mlqsko

Also, I changed the flight to earlier one over the phone from the hotel, the agent told me I have to pickup the tickets at PRI and pay the 10e pp change fee. I just went to checkin and nobody asked for the change fee.
I thought EU Passports didn't need visas for UAE
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
TR isn't EU.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:41 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by largeeyes
TR isn't EU.
oh, profile loosely implied EU
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Western EU, yes. Eastern.. well, not all. They just announced a few days ago they are removing the visas for 13 EU countries including mine http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/vi...ries-1.1299442

I am EU citizen, I am not turkish.

Will have to fight for the 10am EY41 direct to DUB. I really, really don't want to do the ATR42 MAN-DUB and lose my entire DUB day
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
My ticket states 15kg. But like I said they weren't too fussed and took our hand luggage too.

Baggage: Business Class: 40 kilos
Economy Class: 30 kilos
Infants without seats: 10 kilos
Domestic flights: 15 kilos
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:30 pm

My ticket states 15kg. But like I said they weren't too fussed and took our hand luggage too.
I changed flights upon arrival and the new reissued tix receipts had 20KG on them. We also had two pretty heavy carryons, they didnt weigh them on the outbound. They did on the return, I had 20kg checked and 10kg carryon. No issues.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Western EU, yes. Eastern.. well, not all. They just announced a few days ago they are removing the visas for 13 EU countries including mine http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/vi...ries-1.1299442

I am EU citizen, I am not turkish.

Will have to fight for the 10am EY41 direct to DUB. I really, really don't want to do the ATR42 MAN-DUB and lose my entire DUB day
It really sucks that the making the connection in AUH keeps causing people problems.

Hopefully you were able to talk them into putting you onto the direct at 10am.

Have a good vacation and a pint for me ^
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:38 pm
dll
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wcj
Stopping back to thank OP! Absolutely no issues with the flights. We had a very nice time, although the positioning is a bit much for three days.
Great! Glad you enjoyed, so many people got to see SEZ and glad this worked out so well!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by nissan720
It really sucks that the making the connection in AUH keeps causing people problems.

Hopefully you were able to talk them into putting you onto the direct at 10am.

Have a good vacation and a pint for me ^
Yeah. So many people misconnected and with their recent fog issues, it is messy here. The morning flight doesnt operate daily and of course, it is not operating today to make it better.

They put me on earlier AUH-AMS and then to DUB on EI. Airport hotel fully booked and had to spend the night in the lounge.

Had a good time, but having real comparison between Seychelles, Maldives and French polynesia (Bora Bora) - SEZ make it on the last place.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:53 am

Yeah. So many people misconnected and with their recent fog issues, it is messy here. The morning flight doesnt operate daily and of course, it is not operating today to make it better.

They put me on earlier AUH-AMS and then to DUB on EI. Airport hotel fully booked and had to spend the night in the lounge.

Had a good time, but having real comparison between Seychelles, Maldives and French polynesia (Bora Bora) - SEZ make it on the last place.
Just curious, are you more of a resort type or an adventure type of traveler? I'm guessing from visiting Tahiti that you are more resort type.

I fall firmly into the former and I found the Maldives to be incredibly boring. Just.....FLAT. I stayed on a local island, not a resort island, though we visited one. I think I would have gone mad on a resort island. I can report on Fiji and Tonga next year to put that in there.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I was thinking the same thing. Although is it fair to consider SEZ similar to the other two? They are more the Over water bungalow type of locations. I stayed in a resort on Tahiti main island and I rate SEZ better but then I rate Bora Bora better then SEZ.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:59 am

I was thinking the same thing. Although is it fair to consider SEZ similar to the other two? They are more the Over water bungalow type of locations. I stayed in a resort on Tahiti main island and I rate SEZ better but then I rate Bora Bora better then SEZ.
Yeah, they really are two completely different destinations. Maldives are SMALL....to me, clostraphobically so. That, and flat as a pancake where the draw is the ultra-resort overwater bungalow type place. Seychelles are completely different landtype(and there, different one island to the next). I think comparing Mahe to there isn't quite fare, just like comparing Male to anywhere else isn't either.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:17 pm

Just made it to DUB 12 hrs later than scheduled via EI Y from AMS. Bags on the originally rebooked SEZ-AUH-MAN-DUB. Only 30mins difference between landing times.

AUH-AMS was one of my best flights ever. Amazing hard and soft products.

That 70min connection at AUH is screaming issues. Beaware!

I am definitely more of a resort guy and I didnt feel the Seychelles are worth the price. Definitely not going back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.