Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Use miles ?
Working on it, but already through first half of October with no availability via AA. Their online system is down, so relying on person on the phone....bleh. May call BA next to see what they can rangle up.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Working on it, but already through first half of October with no availability via AA. Their online system is down, so relying on person on the phone....bleh. May call BA next to see what they can rangle up.
Are you building up an itinerary right now around a mistake fare still active?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:26 am

He is just evaluating the options I think Do you book fares without researching positioning options and cost?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
He is just evaluating the options I think Do you book fares without researching positioning options and cost?
SEZ is already on my bucket list - I have booked 8 night (two 4-night AXON booking) stays at both Hilton Northolme and Hilton Labriz before the massive March 28 devaluation. I have weighed all my options to go there, either on EY via AA miles or on ET via UA miles.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:46 am

Doesn't seem OneWorld is very useful for getting to SEZ.....
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
What's the best way to Avios yourself to SEZ?
There is no way to use Avios to get to SEZ. None of BA's partners serve it.

Still plenty of dates according to ITA.

Doesn't seem OneWorld is very useful for getting to SEZ.....
Yes, and that's where the majority of my miles are. Even with AA, you can't route to SEZ via AUH on EY (using award miles) without it being two awards if coming from North America, as AA won't let you book a NA-Africa award (SEZ considered part of AA's Africa award zone) connecting through the Middle East, and no other partner of AA serves SEZ. BA is literally impossible at any Avios price from what I can see. JL miles on EK would work but not many of us have a store of JL miles.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by lewende
SEZ is already on my bucket list - I have booked 8 night (two 4-night AXON booking) stays at both Hilton Northolme and Hilton Labriz before the massive March 28 devaluation. I have weighed all my options to go there, either on EY via AA miles or on ET via UA miles.
They were unable to route me with AA miles due to it being an airsychelles flight. Are you saying you got there on AA miles?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:50 am

They were unable to route me with AA miles due to it being an airsychelles flight. Are you saying you got there on AA miles?
Not yet...but I know people did this.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20677844-post4.html
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
This. From what I can tell it costs me quite a bit to get there. I can get TXL-AUH for 30k miles in biz, but then I have to spend a lot to get to SEZ since no way to redeem AA or BA miles to get to SEZ from what I can tell or what they can tell. So yeah, this is an awesome fair and I have a date I can use....but what good is that ticket if it costs me another 1200+ in airfare to build around it?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by lewende
Not yet...but I know people did this.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20677844-post4.html
I saw that, but they couldn't do it when I just called them. Keep calling I guess?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
There is no way to use Avios to get to SEZ. None of BA's partners serve it.

Still plenty of dates according to ITA.

Yes, and that's where the majority of my miles are. Even with AA, you can't route to SEZ via AUH on EY (using award miles) without it being two awards if coming from North America, as AA won't let you book a NA-Africa award (SEZ considered part of AA's Africa award zone) connecting through the Middle East, and no other partner of AA serves SEZ. BA is literally impossible at any Avios price from what I can see. JL miles on EK would work but not many of us have a store of JL miles.
They wouldn't let me route via AUH no matter how many awards. Honestly think she was wrong on this account at this point. I am traveling via TXL.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:57 am

but what good is that ticket if it costs me another 1200+ in airfare to build around it?
A nice vacation in paradise?

I saw that, but they couldn't do it when I just called them. Keep calling I guess?
I would just call - AA night shift agents are not very helpful...
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Woo woo...got in, Apri 5th departing SEZ and April 12 departing AUH. Now to get to SEZ...
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Looks like I'll be routing to AUH on BA and then EY reward myself to SEZ. Maybe EK if my balance is healthy enough.

That's if Mrs W agrees to it, of course.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I wonder how changes will work. I'm tempted to book for end of next summer, but obv schedule not open yet. Rules say one thing, but if it's a misfiled fare, we know how RGN went...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.