Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
After 1 week in PRI we are made the 12 journey to Abu Dhabi.

PRI to SEZ required I recheck bags in SEZ. Was told my 35kg was over weight, I reminded them it was a business class booking and I get 40kg.she huffed and said fine.

HM18 out of SEZ was delayed 3 hours due to weather delay in JNB. Left 5 min before the normal EK705 23:55 departure so lounge was a mad house.

The flight was fine 7/16 in J. Service was proper but all I wanted to do was sleep.

Huge hassle with etihad chauffeur desk even after having booked the car for all legs online. The agent at the desk told me I didn't confirm a car, I showed her the print out confirming it. Took/wasted 45min debating if they should give me a car to Fairmont in DT AUH. Thank God I didn't need a ride to DXB.

Driver took me to Fairmont where I am now. Just called EY to reconfirm pickup and drop-off in DUB. I prefer how EK handles their car service especially since it just works.
Ah, so you met my friend at the Chauffeur desk!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:09 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by largeeyes
Ah, so you met my friend at the Chauffeur desk!
Philippine woman who took my initial query pushed me off to a Philippine man who insisted I never booked anything, but each time I showed him the form and insisted I had booked and I would wait until my car was ready. He said his manager was making this booking as an exception and the person who directs you to the car was severely confused, not knowing if he should let me get in a car or not. (A taxi would have been faster after the 45min that went by through this process)

Even after getting in the car they were still trying to figure it out.

It worked out, but terrible IT/systems if their website lets me book, but they can't access the reservations at the desk, or see the HM codeshare stuff. The sign behind the desk even says Virgin, Air Seychelles.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:23 am

Will be my turn soon to fly this ticket - I am off to Ethiopia on Thursday and spending 10 days there before heading over to Seychelles. Am mighty excited about the upcoming trip and have been doing the last minutes preparations.

Retrieving my Seychelles -> Abu Dhabi details, I see my TripAdvisor itinerary showing up as Economy on the leg from Seychelles to Abu Dhabi and Business from Abu Dhabi to Dublin. Likewise when checking on the Etihad website, they show up as Coral Economy and Pearl Business respectively. This prevents me from doing an online booking for the chauffeur upon arrival at Abu Dhabi.

However, when I check the booking on checkmytrip.com, the Seychelles->Abu Dhabi leg still shows up as Business. Is there anything I can/should do to determine whether I am flying business from Seychelles to Abu Dhabi? Or will I only know when I check in at Mahe Airport?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by BrotherLehman
Will be my turn soon to fly this ticket - I am off to Ethiopia on Thursday and spending 10 days there before heading over to Seychelles. Am mighty excited about the upcoming trip and have been doing the last minutes preparations.

Retrieving my Seychelles -> Abu Dhabi details, I see my TripAdvisor itinerary showing up as Economy on the leg from Seychelles to Abu Dhabi and Business from Abu Dhabi to Dublin. Likewise when checking on the Etihad website, they show up as Coral Economy and Pearl Business respectively. This prevents me from doing an online booking for the chauffeur upon arrival at Abu Dhabi.

However, when I check the booking on checkmytrip.com, the Seychelles->Abu Dhabi leg still shows up as Business. Is there anything I can/should do to determine whether I am flying business from Seychelles to Abu Dhabi? Or will I only know when I check in at Mahe Airport?
If you look back in this thread, we all had that and we all flew in business. I think, if I remember correctly, it had to do with the I fare...not sure. But you should be able to arrange the Chauffeur by phone or take your luck in Abu Dhabi...
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
I had to cancel this booking due to hard SEZ positioning flights that works with my schedule. Really wish I would have taken this trip!
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:12 pm

On EY45 right now, somewhere over Bucharest.

Smooth Lexus into T3, Nice lounges and Checkin experience, Excellent service on the flight, married team running J cabin (from LAX) he commented "in 5 years flying I never met another couple from Los Angeles, including you I have met 3 couples from LA on this very flight in the past month, small world" . (dont worry, I wont explain it) tmobile/Panasonic wifi $17+tax for 24hrs access, much cheaper than EKs offering.

Light snack around take off, mumm champagne, pancakes before landing. 12/22 in J.

Limo to westin confirmed.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
On EY45 right now, somewhere over Bucharest.

Smooth Lexus into T3, Nice lounges and Checkin experience, Excellent service on the flight, married team running J cabin (from LAX) he commented "in 5 years flying I never met another couple from Los Angeles, including you I have met 3 couples from LA on this very flight in the past month, small world" . (dont worry, I wont explain it) tmobile/Panasonic wifi $17+tax for 24hrs access, much cheaper than EKs offering.

Light snack around take off, mumm champagne, pancakes before landing. 12/22 in J.

Limo to westin confirmed.
Wait... The "Chauffeur Service" is by limo? Wow
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Well, I didn't see any "limos" (like stretch) at AUH. More like a line of shiny black Audi A6s. Which seemed to cruise along nicely at 90mph on the trip to Dubai.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Originally Posted by bertuzzi
I had to cancel this booking due to hard SEZ positioning flights that works with my schedule. Really wish I would have taken this trip!
I just wanted to point out that Ethiopian has opened up a significant amount of business class space to ADD and SEZ. If you were having trouble with positioning or are currently in economy class you might want to check again and see about the possibility of modifying your positioning tickets.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by nissan720
I just wanted to point out that Ethiopian has opened up a significant amount of business class space to ADD and SEZ. If you were having trouble with positioning or are currently in economy class you might want to check again and see about the possibility of modifying your positioning tickets.
Yep. Snagged two award tix exFRA on their 787 for March 2014.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Limo = a term that refers to car service. It was a 2007 BMW 7 series. Driver mark was fantastic.

Also of note a contact at the Raffles Praslin informed us sometime in 2014 TK would be flying daily to SEZ.

Spent 2 days in Dublin and a day in Galway. Drank Guiness, smitwicks, Jameson, galway Hooker, and Kilkenny. Hotel to airport is €22. Dub-fra-yvr in old F tonight. With a quick porsche drive around the autobahn. Then our 3 week journey is complete.

Last edited by AMRivlin; Oct 25, 2013 at 2:35 am
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

Also of note a contact at the Raffles Praslin informed us sometime in 2014 TK would be flying daily to SEZ.
BY ETN STAFF WRITER | APR 22, 2013
The Seychelles Minister responsible for Air Transport has confirmed in an open letter in the Seychelles newspaper, “Today,” that Turkish Airlines plans to launch operations into the Seychelles in approximately two years’ time and that the route to Seychelles is part and parcel of the airline’s 2020 plans.

Minister Joel Morgan was using the open letter to table his government’s air strategy.

The Minister wrote:

Reference is made to the “contributed” article which appeared in the Business page of the TODAY in Seychelles Newspaper, dated Monday 15 April 2013, entitled “Turkish Airlines expands - Seychelles still not on its route map.” The Turkish Airlines is indeed rapidly growing and with that, adding new routes, products and services. We have no argument there and it is the reason why when we here in the Seychelles were approached by our Turkish counterparts, we were very receptive.
In replying to the article, we wish to remind your readers of the points made by the Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority, through a letter to your newspaper on March 22, 2013, which was subsequently published, pointing out certain erroneous points which again related to Turkish Airlines and Seychelles as a destination.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:15 am

No yellow fever vac for transferring at ADD, right?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr

Where am I best to credit the miles? I'm Europe based and have no earned status to worry about. Thanks in advance
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Given that you are topbonus Gold, why would you even need to ask the question, or consider putting the miles anywhere else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.