Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

SF Bay Area MR Strategy Luncheon

SF Bay Area MR Strategy Luncheon

Old Apr 17, 13, 5:46 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: HHonors Diamond, United Silver
Posts: 660
SF Bay Area MR Strategy Luncheon

Just thought I'd see if there were any other United/*A FTers in the SF Bay Area that would be open to meeting over lunch in the City and working together to put together MR strategies for the remainder of 2013.

PM me if you're interested.

Eric
ekwang is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 12:26 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Gold, SPG
Posts: 320
I realize Eric asked for PMs, but I wanted to show my interest publicly, so that it doesn't look like no one is interested (and so as to bump the thread ).
LukeRB is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 12:36 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Posts: 2,035
Originally Posted by LukeRB View Post
I realize Eric asked for PMs, but I wanted to show my interest publicly, so that it doesn't look like no one is interested (and so as to bump the thread ).
Lulz.
mbwmbw is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 12:58 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 54
count me in

i'll be up for this as well.
seungboy is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 1:24 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO, HKG
Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by seungboy View Post
i'll be up for this as well.
I'm in as well
cjwong88 is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 9:21 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: HHonors Diamond, United Silver
Posts: 660
Looks like a fair amount of interest

Thanks for the replies. Glad to see we've got a small group together with interest in doing some brainstorming.

My thinking, since I live on the Peninsula myself, was that the City would probably work best for everybody. I also realize that some of us have more experience than others and ask that we all have patience with one another in this endeavor too.

I'm thinking of getting this meeting going sometime next month, perhaps towards the end of May.

Chime in with your ideas.

Eric
ekwang is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 11:09 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast, Best Coast
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 15,519
if you meet on a saturday or sunday i might come in for it, weekdays beckon for work here in SMF. depending on business travel the 2nd half of the year i may be 10-20k from 1k so definitely want to figure out how to get there on the cheap if at all possible.
PV_Premier is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 12:33 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Posts: 2,035
Originally Posted by ekwang View Post
Thanks for the replies. Glad to see we've got a small group together with interest in doing some brainstorming.

My thinking, since I live on the Peninsula myself, was that the City would probably work best for everybody. I also realize that some of us have more experience than others and ask that we all have patience with one another in this endeavor too.

I'm thinking of getting this meeting going sometime next month, perhaps towards the end of May.

Chime in with your ideas.

Eric
I will be flying in for the event. As much advance notice that can provided would be much appreciated.
mbwmbw is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 1:53 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: HHonors Diamond, United Silver
Posts: 660
Originally Posted by mbwmbw View Post
I will be flying in for the event. As much advance notice that can provided would be much appreciated.
I will provide advance notice for sure. It might push into early June rather than late May as one person who has expressed interest won't be in town.

I'll be looking at my own calendar this weekend and putting together some options to send out to everybody to look at and review.

Eric
ekwang is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 2:46 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 98
I'm all for this little get-together! I live in Santa Cruz but coming up to the city is no problem. Thanks for putting this together!
Quiltingatty is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 3:49 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Posts: 2,035
Originally Posted by ekwang:20613688
Originally Posted by mbwmbw View Post
I will be flying in for the event. As much advance notice that can provided would be much appreciated.
I will provide advance notice for sure. It might push into early June rather than late May as one person who has expressed interest won't be in town.

I'll be looking at my own calendar this weekend and putting together some options to send out to everybody to look at and review.

Eric
Awesome! Thanks.
mbwmbw is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 4:12 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SFO
Posts: 63
I'll be interested.

Thanks,
Eric
AnnaK is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 6:49 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Programs: United 1K. AA LTGD
Posts: 457
I would be interested as well. What happened to SFO-originated UA MRs? Haven't seen one for a while. UA stopped this maybe? They think they conquered SFO already?? Hmm...
clockhand is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 9:11 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Would also like to join in... Planning a trip to Europe in the fall, but I'm new to MRs so I would love to gain some insight from you pros.
kissdisap is offline  
Old Apr 18, 13, 9:20 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Posts: 2,035
Originally Posted by kissdisap View Post
Would also like to join in... Planning a trip to Europe in the fall, but I'm new to MRs so I would love to gain some insight from you pros.
I am excited to meet you, especially if you are female :-p.
mbwmbw is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: