Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

N fares on UA are gone 2 min after the booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA

Yesterday I booked AUS-IAH-SEA-SFO-BOS-IAH-SEA-DEN-AUS MR at a decent 3.39 cpm, all N fares. After the initial booking was ticketed, I wanted to spend more time and perhaps optimize the routing and cpm only to find that all N fares were gone and replace with more pricy Gs.

The fact that N fares may be gone quickly is not puzzling to me. The puzzling part is that I was booking for Feb 2014.

Does UA has very limited, ie 1-2, N fares available that far in advance or what? Any ideas?

Fly safe!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
very puzzling indeed. This might be a little off topic I recently bought some N fares from east coast to LAX in May, near 4.5cpm. I was really hesitant because it wasn't that great of a deal in terms of cpm but then I thought "its N fare...the lowest fare bucket" so i went ahead and booked it. Was that kind of thinking correct? Could it ever become cheaper?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UAConcorde
very puzzling indeed. This might be a little off topic I recently bought some N fares from east coast to LAX in May, near 4.5cpm. I was really hesitant because it wasn't that great of a deal in terms of cpm but then I thought "its N fare...the lowest fare bucket" so i went ahead and booked it. Was that kind of thinking correct? Could it ever become cheaper?
It could, likely in G, K, or L class (T and S use to be a bargain, but not anymore). Published fares can change rapidly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.