ORD UA MR's?

Old May 16, 2013, 7:21 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Athens anyone?

Chicago to Athens for $787 in Jan and a few dates in Feb. I was looking at Thur-Sun to get a day for sightseeing. Beware the short seg is on LH or Swiss so no miles earning for that leg. Good fare though.
Old May 16, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by TimeToEarnMiles
In the same boat as you guys with UA/ORD, but can't do MR's during the week (not enough vacation time)!
I'm planning on spending most of my 24 hour MR from IAD to ANC via IAH studying for Cisco certifications. This, of course, is a valid work activity: training.
Old May 17, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Not great for a MR, but good if you want to go to China. $870 roundtrip to Beijing. I haven't tried to maximize the mileage.
http://www.theflightdeal.com/2013/05...ding-all-taxes
Old May 17, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Platinum, Kimpton Inner Circle, Hyatt Platinum, LeClub Platinum, HHonors Gold
This thread is music to my ears. I am so tired of the MRs being concentrated on the US coasts or other UA competitors' hubs. ORD seems to be a MR wasteland (I've found a few out of MKE and MSN). Trying to secure a positioning flight defeats the purpose of the MR in most cases. I have subscribed to this thread so I can receive updates.

I wish we could get in on the UA:ATL-SMF/SJC/SNA MRs starting~$157ai (or any of the variations) without compromising the MR return.

Thanks for setting up this thread!
Old May 18, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
I'm in Racine so mke is my main domestic airport. I'm trying to make DL diamond this year. It would be great to start some sort of ord/mke subgroup.
Old May 20, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by globalmogul
I'm in Racine so mke is my main domestic airport. I'm trying to make DL diamond this year. It would be great to start some sort of ord/mke subgroup.
I would suggest starting a new thread for DL MR from ORD/MDW/MKE. There is a separate thread for AA runs from ORD, so I think that would be your best approach. DL usually has some pretty good fares from ORD since they attack UA/AA hubs occasionally.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: UA1K AA-Gold/Million Miler)
Any MRs good international MRs in MR?

Haven't seen anything good like IST and DXB back in feb/mar which were around 4.2cpm.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by shootingstar777
Haven't seen anything good like IST and DXB back in feb/mar which were around 4.2cpm.
TK has some good fares out but the fare class earns 0 miles on UA.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: MP, OW
I'm in the same boat as most of you. I need MRs out of ORD and can only do them on weekends. I'm going to have to struggle to make silver this year.

I have a $100 UA certificate that is expiring June 12 so I need to book some flight asap. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by cat13
I'm in the same boat as most of you. I need MRs out of ORD and can only do them on weekends. I'm going to have to struggle to make silver this year.

I have a $100 UA certificate that is expiring June 12 so I need to book some flight asap. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Depending on how far you're willing to drive, there are some airports within a few hours that have some good options for domestic MRs:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...m-500-min.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...mile-mins.html

For long haul you can check these (I didn't check the CPM or routing):
http://www.theflightdeal.com/2013/05...ing-all-taxes/

ORD - DXB is still available in Nov for $744. I haven't checked the longer routes, but it prices at 4.9 CPM which is higher than I like.

I don't know if these are still around or not:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ov-2013-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rt-k-fare.html
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
any luck with MR out of ord? I keep going back and forth (on dreamliner) ord-iah-lax,sna, san. Getting very expensive and Dreamliner ends July 31. I will share if I get something......mine is more likely domestic....and very very senior, try for lifetime MM.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 1:06 pm

There is one that is posted here

UA: ORD-BAH $634 .0427 per mile

Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
IND-SFO r/t available in September/October for ~$270, same day turns possible. With 2 stops along the way and elite minimums it earns about 6k PQM, or ~4.5cpm, not counting Megabus fare or gas for driving.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA - 1k, AA - Platinum, Marriott - Platinum, SPG - Gold,
Originally Posted by legalalien
IND-SFO r/t available in September/October for ~$270, same day turns possible. With 2 stops along the way and elite minimums it earns about 6k PQM, or ~4.5cpm, not counting Megabus fare or gas for driving.
Keep me posted as I would also like to participate by flying out of MKE or ORD. I'm happy to take segments at lowest cost.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.