Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

Old Oct 24, 13, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mherdeg View Post
Edit to add: I called the Opodo Extra reservations line this afternoon Tue 22 October (I paid the Extra service fee for this ticket as with all tickets with Opodo) and had the following conversation:
The agent who said she would call me back on Thursday did, indeed, call me back this afternoon! I am really impressed.

She says:
"I spoke to you Tuesday on regards to the YQ tax.

The airline has confirmed that we are able to refund you.

That's not a problem. There will be a refund coming back to you of 243.80 per passenger, total of 487.60.

The only thing is, though, that we have to apply via the airline and it can anything between 212 week.

I'll put a note in the booking of what we've discussed. Please allow the 2-12 week period.

Just for your records, my name is (her name); and, again, I'll leave a note in the record."
Old Oct 24, 13, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA Silver: KL
At last! Glad we can finally draw a line under this sidebar. Pity that they didn't offer you anything as a token of apology for acting so unreasonably.
Old Oct 25, 13, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Perseverance pays off! Congrats.
Old Nov 13, 13, 1:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
is there any Star Alliance program who gives status for this route? / which program shall we choose if the passenger has no Star Alliance status?
Old Nov 13, 13, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by ben63 View Post
is there any Star Alliance program who gives status for this route?
If you have any gold status you can ask TK for a status match, this route will give you almost enough points for extend the TK status for two more years if you add a one or two other short flights. If you have no gold status anywhere you can't get it it this route.
Old Nov 23, 13, 12:01 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold
Just changed my reservation for a return flight from end of November to March 2014 using a US toll free number via Skype. Luckily I did not have to escalate to supervisors etc as the agent was able to find the fare rules quickly. He insisted though in the beginning that I need to take a LO operated flight from IST to WAW but I was able to resolve this quickly as well.

Now the surprise came that they could take the payment via the phone (); i thought the only old fashioned airline like this is SU/ Aeroflot.

I will not be able to pay before the ticketing deadline so I will likely need to make a new reservation. What differs from SU policies though is that they cancelled the reservation for the November flights and gave me a payment deadline after the flight date; I also confirmed that I can simply do the booking later if unpaid with no extra charges (no no show; only a regular change fee). In case of SU the ticket (not the reservation!) needs to be changed before the flight time and its not SU problem how you get to their few/ remote offices.

Another surprise that ticketing with ground office will incur EUR 20 service fee.

Can anyone suggest an office/ call center that can accept the payment via the phone?

Moscow office only accepts payment if made via Miles and Smiles credit card.
Old Nov 23, 13, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Keter View Post
I meant to say for over the phone payments.
Old Nov 23, 13, 7:30 am

TK60 IST - KUL A333 new business class

Flights TK60 and TK61 now regularly see the A330-300 with the new Turkish Airlines business class. Flown the A333 both on TK60 (Nov 4) and TK61 (Nov 16). Trip report and pictures: http://travel.bart.la/2013/11/23/tur...usiness-class/

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 13, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by bartla View Post
Flights TK60 and TK61 now regularly see the A330-300 with the new Turkish Airlines business class.
How did you get this information? If I check my flight in two weeks its still a A340.
Old Nov 25, 13, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA Silver: KL
Now the surprise came that they could take the payment via the phone (); i thought the only old fashioned airline like this is SU/ Aeroflot.
I've never heard of a travel agency or airline that could NOT take payment over the phone.

Otherwise, it would be extremely bad for business.
Old Nov 25, 13, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
I've never heard of a travel agency or airline that could NOT take payment over the phone.
TK dont do that, you have to walk in a airport or city office to pay.
I walked in a city office and they couldnt help me same day. So they called me back next day and asked me to send them a front copy of my creditcard. With that it was possible for them to charge the card without going there again.
Old Nov 25, 13, 3:04 am

Programs: TK E+, AB Gold
Originally Posted by 31570324 View Post
How did you get this information? If I check my flight in two weeks its still a A340.
TK is notorious for EQ changes. I flew this trip couple of months ago and had A330 with new business class and fantastic food both ways. Glad i booked the trip!
Old Nov 25, 13, 3:11 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Seems to be Thursdays for the 333
Old Nov 25, 13, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by 31570324 View Post
TK dont do that, you have to walk in a airport or city office to pay.
I walked in a city office and they couldnt help me same day. So they called me back next day and asked me to send them a front copy of my creditcard. With that it was possible for them to charge the card without going there again.
Good they at least allow to cancel a reservation converting a ticket thus to an open status (something i mentioned not possible with Aeroflot which requires the ticket and not the reservation to be changed before the originally ticketed time).
Old Dec 26, 13, 12:19 am

Just changed my reservation for a return flight from end of November to March 2014 using a US toll free number via Skype. Luckily I did not have to escalate to supervisors etc as the agent was able to find the fare rules quickly. He insisted though in the beginning that I need to take a LO operated flight from IST to WAW but I was able to resolve this quickly as well.

I will not be able to pay before the ticketing deadline so I will likely need to make a new reservation. What differs from SU policies though is that they cancelled the reservation for the November flights and gave me a payment deadline after the flight date; I also confirmed that I can simply do the booking later if unpaid with no extra charges (no no show; only a regular change fee). In case of SU the ticket (not the reservation!) needs to be changed before the flight time and its not SU problem how you get to their few/ remote offices.

Another surprise that ticketing with ground office will incur EUR 20 service fee.

Can anyone suggest an office/ call center that can accept the payment via the phone?

My friend changed for me in Moscow office (I am far from any TK office...) and only paid EUR 50, no service charge at all, not clear why but clearly good!

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: