Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

ex-CMB to LAX; pricing with stopovers?

ex-CMB to LAX; pricing with stopovers?

Old Mar 10, 13, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by aa213bb View Post
Try the EK site.
YES!!
Old Mar 10, 13, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82 View Post
YES!!
I take it you had success? Happy to help.
Old Mar 10, 13, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by aa213bb View Post
I take it you had success? Happy to help.
there's a similar fare to JFK however I can't seem to get it on EK/EY. Expd shows o/w but I can't get return. A class shows available in KVS

CMB-SIN on EK/SQ J
SIN-DXB-LHR on EK F
LHR-JFK BA/AA F

JFK-LHR BA/AA F
LHR-DXB-SIN on EK F
SIN-CMB on EK/SQ J
Old Mar 10, 13, 1:57 pm

Programs: M&M
Returns are hard because sometimes you'd need 7 or 8 input fields and you have max 6. Cut some of the flights or find a TA.
Old Mar 10, 13, 2:03 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I've been reading quite a bit about the xCMB game and I tried to replicate some of the itineraries mentioned on FT (using ITA and EK.com) but with no luck so far. Am I correct in assuming that it is next to impossible to achieve without the help of either KVS or EF?

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 13, 3:35 pm

Location: Near the pole, at the beach, top of mountains, underwater, golfing
Programs: AC E, FPC plat, TK E, VA G, HIlton diam, spg plat, CX gold, US air Plat, Hyatt Dia, A club Plat
Originally Posted by JohnRain:20395235
I've been reading quite a bit about the xCMB game and I tried to replicate some of the itineraries mentioned on FT (using ITA and EK.com) but with no luck so far. Am I correct in assuming that it is next to impossible to achieve without the help of either KVS or EF?

Thanks
it is possible to book without kvs. I booked to lax (for anticipation of ba a380 first) on ota without kvs.

You can fly to almost anywhere in usa. But watch for the connection after landing in usa! with certain usa connection (after f flight to usa)The fare rule may be non refundable non changeable.

Also booked to jfk. Fully flex.

You have to play with the dates. Some dates connect no problem. Some combination is harder (like to sin or bkk). I also have seen sin sq f for $9k from sin.

Clear your cookies between search on ota.
Old Mar 11, 13, 4:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
I booked a 23.5hr stop in DXB and a 1/2 day in LON. Though I'm only headed to PHL (no BA380), I will get EK suites and QF380F.

Should make for a good time!
Old Mar 11, 13, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I got stopovers in MIA and NYC for free.
Routing
CMB EK X/DXB EK X/LIS BA X/LON BA MIA AA NYC AA X/SFO AA LAX
Old Mar 11, 13, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by ariyo15 View Post
I booked a 23.5hr stop in DXB and a 1/2 day in LON. Though I'm only headed to PHL (no BA380), I will get EK suites and QF380F.

Should make for a good time!
how did you get EK suites and QF a380F on same itinerary? Do u mind sharing your segments?
Old Mar 12, 13, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking View Post
how did you get EK suites and QF a380F on same itinerary? Do u mind sharing your segments?
The short answer is yes, I mind sharing. Please tough, allow me to explain I'll be "expanding" my award booking service (link in signature) to include a great deal more content. That will likely be happening sometime this summer (June/July). So, all of the details will have to wait until the new site has been launched, if you catch my drift

That said, here's the preview: I booked it right after an exciting airline announcement, but prior to a schedule change. then, when the change came into effect, I was able to add a 23-hr stop in SIN as well. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper!
Old Mar 12, 13, 8:47 pm

Programs: M&M
That's the spirit! Get info for free from FT but give back only for $$$. I love your approach, we need more people like you!
Old Mar 12, 13, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by FrankTalk View Post
That's the spirit! Get info for free from FT but give back only for $$$. I love your approach, we need more people like you!
Absolutely not!!! All info on my site will be free. I just don't want to pour all the info out here before I put in on my site. I'd be shooting myself in the foot. No one would have reason to check out that info there.
Old Mar 12, 13, 9:50 pm

Don't forget that Qantas operates from DXB to LHR, and also codeshare with EK.
Old Mar 12, 13, 10:32 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by ariyo15 View Post
Absolutely not!!! All info on my site will be free. I just don't want to pour all the info out here before I put in on my site. I'd be shooting myself in the foot. No one would have reason to check out that info there.
There certainly seems to be a "pricing" section on your website. As the other poster mentioned, glean your info for free from here and than you give back by shamelessly promoting your website of paid for services. Why bother showing off that you got QF suites if you are not willing to share, today, on FT, how you did that?

For those that want to fly QF suites, I am not sure how the recent changes on QF and SIN affect this, but you used to be able to book CMB-SIN-LHR-USA with the SIN-LHR on QFA380 suites, bypassing DXB.

Last edited by whimike; Mar 12, 13 at 11:03 pm
Old Mar 12, 13, 10:43 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Four Seasons/Belmond Paid Guest
xxx delete

Search this Thread
Search Engine: