Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] JJ/UA: JFK-GRU-EZE, <$400 rt, 3.2CPM (earn 100% on UA)

[FARE GONE] JJ/UA: JFK-GRU-EZE, <$400 rt, 3.2CPM (earn 100% on UA)

Old Nov 27, 12, 2:48 pm
  #106  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Four hotel higher levels - Will fly for DEQMs - DL RWT alum
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
13 hr LIM stopover isn't bad, just hire a taxi and hang out in Miraflores. Eat some ceviche.
Check out http://peruroadtrip.com/ with Kelly & Cristian for a day tour of Lima (and I can give you a few other names). Also they have a B&B home by the zoo, about 10 minutes from the airport. It is on their website, or you can book via www.airbnb.com as well.
For more upscale, Miraflores neighborhood is good, but about 30 minutes from the airport.
flyzabit is offline  
Old Nov 28, 12, 11:46 am
  #107  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: EWR-PHL-BWI
Programs: DL SM, UA
Posts: 175
True happiness: Booking an international flight to an exotic destination for $386 per person, then seeing just two days later that those flights now cost $1,634 per person
DeltaBumper is offline  
Old Nov 28, 12, 11:53 am
  #108  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DFW/SEA
Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Posts: 2,045
Originally Posted by flyzabit View Post
Check out http://peruroadtrip.com/ with Kelly & Cristian for a day tour of Lima (and I can give you a few other names). Also they have a B&B home by the zoo, about 10 minutes from the airport. It is on their website, or you can book via www.airbnb.com as well.
For more upscale, Miraflores neighborhood is good, but about 30 minutes from the airport.
Coincidently, I stayed at their place back in June. I was transiting in and out of lima 3 separate times. 10 minutes from the airport. Terrific hosts! They'll even come get you from the airport if you don't feel like taking a cab. A good place to go if you just want to get out of the airport during a long layover and rest a bit... The airport is not that nice.
aaron1262 is offline  
Old Nov 28, 12, 1:43 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by DeltaBumper View Post
True happiness: Booking an international flight to an exotic destination for $386 per person, then seeing just two days later that those flights now cost $1,634 per person
+1 same feeling. 4 tickets for the price of one. Also, very good for JJ that has reduced fares for children.
eloraculo is offline  
Old Feb 4, 13, 9:11 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: QSF
Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Posts: 615
Does anyone have the full fare rules for the NYC-EZE fare? Trying to see what the change fees look like for a party who it appears can't go (potentially to retain some future value--I am totally uninitiated when it comes to change fees on JJ fares).

Thanks!
BOISJC744 is offline  
Old Feb 5, 13, 11:23 am
  #111  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted by BOISJC744 View Post
Does anyone have the full fare rules for the NYC-EZE fare? Trying to see what the change fees look like for a party who it appears can't go (potentially to retain some future value--I am totally uninitiated when it comes to change fees on JJ fares).

Thanks!
Did you book into L or V? I can get the rules from Exper Flyer right now.
infamousdx is offline  
Old Feb 5, 13, 11:31 am
  #112  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: QSF
Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Posts: 615
Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
Did you book into L or V? I can get the rules from Exper Flyer right now.
V fare, thanks!
BOISJC744 is offline  
Old Feb 5, 13, 11:40 am
  #113  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,387
I know there are a lot of rules to a fare but I think this is what you're looking for? That's what I found under 'Originating in North America'

CHANGES

ANY TIME
CHARGE USD 200.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.
WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
CHARGE IS PER TRANSACTION
infamousdx is offline  
Old Feb 5, 13, 11:49 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: QSF
Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Posts: 615
Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
I know there are a lot of rules to a fare but I think this is what you're looking for? That's what I found under 'Originating in North America'
Perfect, thanks!
BOISJC744 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 13, 8:25 am
  #115  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,387
Just got an email from O that our itin was changed. We're now on an earlier flight out of EZE - 4p instead of the original 7p.

Is there any recourse for me due to this change?
infamousdx is offline  
Old Feb 8, 13, 8:33 am
  #116  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 287
Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
Just got an email from O that our itin was changed. We're now on an earlier flight out of EZE - 4p instead of the original 7p.

Is there any recourse for me due to this change?
at least they sent you something. i booked on priceline and TAM (or LAN, not sure) changed my itinerary around (moving me off a night flight SCL-GIG to a noon flight, even though AFAICT the night flight is still operating) and i only found out by accident when checking my itinerary on LAN. luckily the timing actually works out better for me, and everything was resolved via @TAMAirlines, but definitely a good reminder to keep an eye on those itineraries.

(in fact, priceline still does not show the updated itinerary which i have verified twice with TAM and LAN...if you want a longer version of the story i wrote about it http://jett.in/a-thank-you-to-tamairlines/ )
jonk is offline  
Old Feb 8, 13, 10:01 am
  #117  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, CO Gold
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
Just got an email from O that our itin was changed. We're now on an earlier flight out of EZE - 4p instead of the original 7p.

Is there any recourse for me due to this change?
If I recall correctly, the 7pm departure from EZE had a tight connection at GIG. And the GIG-JFK flight has been moved forward by 20 minutes, at least on the day that I'm traveling. Seems unlikely there's much they can do, unless the departure time of GIG-JFK changes again or they agree to let you switch to the 5pm departure to GRU.
jope_taco is offline  
Old Feb 8, 13, 6:32 pm
  #118  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Programs: AA PLT, DL PM
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by jope_taco View Post
If I recall correctly, the 7pm departure from EZE had a tight connection at GIG. And the GIG-JFK flight has been moved forward by 20 minutes, at least on the day that I'm traveling. Seems unlikely there's much they can do, unless the departure time of GIG-JFK changes again or they agree to let you switch to the 5pm departure to GRU.
Same thing happened to me. TAM let me move to the 5PM through GRU today.
hhbean is offline  
Old Feb 8, 13, 11:37 pm
  #119  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted by hhbean View Post
Same thing happened to me. TAM let me move to the 5PM through GRU today.
Did you just call their US call center?

Call Center USA: 1 888 2 FLYTAM (235-9826)
infamousdx is offline  
Old Feb 10, 13, 9:30 pm
  #120  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Programs: AA PLT, DL PM
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
Did you just call their US call center?

Call Center USA: 1 888 2 FLYTAM (235-9826)
I tried that first, but they couldn't do it and made me call Travelocity who had to call them and get it approved anyhow. Painful, but successful. They were open to other changes too, but were holding firm that I had to stay on TAM metal (no LAN codeshares).
hhbean is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: