Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need advice on planning a UA MR from Japan, JFK p.s. possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, ANA, Spg Gold

Can anyone help me get up to 20500 EQM on one return flight in W class or above from KIX?

I have some GPUs and RPUs and want to try the p.s. service so thinking that one leg would go KIX-SFO-JFK (or reverse), but a simple return doesn't get me up to the 20500 EQM I need for this MR. And no flights out of JFK to other airprts right? Open jaw from Newark perhaps??

Being based in Japan means I am not too good with planning US MRs. Any help/advice greatly appreciated! Many thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:55 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
can you nest a jfk-sfo/other-jfk using multicity for the mi?

how many more mi do you need?

ps....jfk-phx-jfk on us mid week for $300ish gets ~ 4300mi....though i don't think that this is what you want...

Last edited by clacko; Sep 30, 2012 at 1:11 pm
Old Sep 30, 2012, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe nesting rather than open-jawing is better. I need an extra 4,500 if going that route as a straight KIX<>SFO<>JFK only nets around 16,000. Ideally would want to use RPUs though so US is not workable.

Last edited by sailles; Sep 30, 2012 at 1:31 pm Reason: additional informatin
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
For P.S. try looking at KIX-GUM-HNL-LAX/SFO-JFK. Doing that both ways get you the miles you need, as well as most anything KIX-GUM-HNL-XXX-JFK/EWR. Depending on dates if you can fit in SFO-IAH-EWR you might be able to do a couple of segments on the 787.

Price wise you might be better off KIX-SFO-JFK and doing a mileage run while in the states. Check UA NYC-TUS which has been ~$280 recently, with LGA-TUS as the same day turn opportunity.

SunLover
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Many thanks. GUM<>HNL looks interesting and I have wanted to do that island hopper for a while now. Can't seem to get it to price out well, though. As you say, nested run may be the way forward. TUS nets the needed miles but coming out a little pricey for my dates. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.