Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AM: US-SouthAm starting $399, 4.25 cpm

Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

I just got this email from AeroMexico with their latest offer, it's only good through this weekend and has some VERY good fares ex-SA.
Seems to be booking ex-US too.
South american gateways are LIM/BUE/SCL/BOG/CCS/GUA/SAP/SJO/SAL, They do not include SAO.

US Gateways define the price, as advertised:
FAT/SAT/BRO - $399
MIA -$449
ATL/IAD/IAH/MCO/LAS/LAX - $499
PHX/SFO - $599

Books into N, credits to most of SkyTeam and LAN. Gets 100% in SkyPesos, 50% FlyingBlue, 125% on AR+.

Works to 4,25 cpm for 100% earning SCL-BRO. Could probably get a better rate depending on the routes. Dates are limited, and it shows on ITA. Buy on mexican site of Aeromexico.com

More info here
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
i see LAX-EZE via MEX on Aeromexico for $491 a.i.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any idea on complimentary upgrades for Delta Medallions on these routes? Can Medallions upgrade on northern South America like Delta or are upgrades only possible on AM on US->Mexico, vice versa, and domestic Mexico flights?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:10 pm

Some date restrictions that helped narrow down my search. OJ's are allowed. Thx op.

[Blackout Dates]
TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 17NOV12 THROUGH 27NOV12.

[Travel Restrictions]
ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON 14DEC12.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:17 am

Booked IAH-CCS-IAD for 495. Needed to go from Houston to DC on that day anyways, so why not throw in a day or two in Venezuela for the heck of it? It's a pretty expensive way to get to DC, and I don't care much for skymiles, but rides to CCS are usually 1000+, so I figured this was my shot. (ominous wording, I realize...)

Unrelatedly, why doesn't aeromexico have a multi-dest option!!

Last edited by danielm; Sep 29, 2012 at 12:37 am
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:26 am

Is there a way to buy this and just fly the MEX-SouthAm segment???

I know I can get off at MEX, but if I do OLCI can I board the plane in MEX without having flown the USA-MEX segment?

Last edited by bbeliko; Sep 29, 2012 at 5:58 am
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: HHonors, Starwood, Marriott, ANA, Thai, United, American, Delta
Saw the fare yesterday. It's a great deal compared to regular fares to SA out of IAD.

Just booked IAD to EZE in December for $491 r/t. Includes an overnight stopover in MEX in each direction which will give us enough time to run into the city and get some fantastic food and do a little holiday shopping.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:04 am

Call me stupid, but I'm not sure how to actually book the fare out of IAD. On the AM website, I input IAD as the departure city, but none of the South American destinations are listed.

When I try other, 3rd party sites, the fares are well over $1k

Thanks...
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: HHonors, Starwood, Marriott, ANA, Thai, United, American, Delta
Originally Posted by justchris82
Call me stupid, but I'm not sure how to actually book the fare out of IAD. On the AM website, I input IAD as the departure city, but none of the South American destinations are listed.

When I try other, 3rd party sites, the fares are well over $1k

Thanks...
I had the same issue. I used Expedia to book.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 1:08 pm

No NYC?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 1:37 pm

Anybody able to build in a MEX stopover for a few days from IAD?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Just flew AM LAX-MEX(19 hour overnight)-EZE Bought it last weekend for $438, and it was one of the easiest coach flights I have had to EZE. As it is a daytime flight I find that helps a lot for me, also the flight MEX-EZE was only about 70% full in economy, and I was able to change my seat to a empty row in the back, about 1 hour prior to boarding, which gave me a chance to stretch out, and sleep a little.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any idea on complimentary upgrades for Delta Medallions on these routes? Can Medallions upgrade on northern South America like Delta or are upgrades only possible on AM on US->Mexico, vice versa, and domestic Mexico flights?
Don't believe there are any Medallion upgrades on AM regardless of route. OpUp is a different story.

-RM
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by geeprice
Just flew AM LAX-MEX(19 hour overnight)-EZE Bought it last weekend for $438, and it was one of the easiest coach flights I have had to EZE. As it is a daytime flight I find that helps a lot for me, also the flight MEX-EZE was only about 70% full in economy, and I was able to change my seat to a empty row in the back, about 1 hour prior to boarding, which gave me a chance to stretch out, and sleep a little.
I'm doing the same thing for 438 in December from IAH with day flights back and forth to eze and I'm hoping for the same empty space to stretch out as well!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Don't believe there are any Medallion upgrades on AM regardless of route. OpUp is a different story.

-RM
That is true,except for flights that are code shares with DL within NA. It's very hit or miss,though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.