Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAX MR Help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

JAX MR Help

Hey everyone. Long time lurker first time poster. I've been reading alot around here and blogs on MR's. I've played with fare compare, expert flyer, and ITA alot. I can't seem to get a good mileage run. I fly American or delta. I've looked up routing rules on expert flyer but can't get then to work on ITA. Also I have noticed that fare compare is near useless compared to what it use to be. Please any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
keep looking

What is your time frame for a mileage run? Are you looking for out and back the same day? What are your time limits? Are you looking for travel on weekends only?
I am very lucky that I can use DCA, BWI and IAD airports. JAX is a very nice airport. Keep looking.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Sorry should be more specific. I am looking for Friday-Sunday travel. I can do either 0 or 2 night runs, like a mini vacation. I am not being very specific right now becuAse I do not have an extreme need for the miles right now. More of I have been trying for almost 2 months now but can't seem to get the pieces together. I know some people post here to get you all to do the MR work for then but I just need some guidance so in the future I'll be prepared.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
I've only flown one MR out of JAX on DL this year, a quick trip out to LAS and back. I check frequently for DL or UA fares from JAX/DAB/MCO and I've not seen many worthy fares on DL to places I wanted to go this year from JAX. A couple from the other cities.

If you haven't already, you may want to set some fare alerts on Kayak and other sites to help spot opportunities. Good luck.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:45 am
Original Poster

I am going to post this in here to not create another thread.

I am trying to put together a DL TPA-MSP-DFW-MSP-TPA MR. I got it mostly worked out but wanted some opinions. Here is the routing rules:
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 TA14B3NP T X 84.00 ---- 14/1 -/ - 316
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-TPA TO-DFW CXR-DL TVL-13OCT12 RULE-9056 DFR/11
FARE BASIS-TA14B3NP SPECIAL FARE DIS-N VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-SIP OW-INSTANT PURCHASE
USD 78.14 0316 E06AUG12 D-INFINITY FC-TA14B3NP FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 06AUG12/1522 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG TPA-DFW/DL316 /TAR-DRG1 EF-06AUG12 DIS-INDEF

1. TPA-MEM-ATL-DFW
2. TPA-MSP/MEM/DTT/CVG/ATL-DFW
3. TPA-TPA/ORL/FLL-MEM/CVG/ATL-DFW
4. TPA-MEM/CVG/ATL-DFW
5. TPA-ATL-MEM/CVG-DFW
6. TPA-CVG-MEM-DFW

Is MSP my best routing? These prices come up on ITA throught October and November but havent looked past that. The price is 168 on expert flyer but ITA has it has 212. It could be a good cpm so I thought I would post it and let someone better than me try at it. Finally I cant seem to get it to pull up on dl.com, should I do multicity? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.