Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

American Airlines Mileage Run 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines Mileage Run 2012

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Smile American Airlines Mileage Run 2012

Hey, does anyone know of any mileage runs form chicago? I need to get 50 K points for american airlines by January 1st. I would need to go over a weekend. Anyone have any leads?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Welcome to FT!

I've moved you query over to the MR Discussion forum as that's the appropriate place for such general MR topics as MR Deals is saved for just that, outstanding deals on airfares for members to post and undertake MR's. The forum overview about how & where to post is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rums-work.html

tcook052
MR Forum Moderator
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I'm new to this.. What's the link now for the thread?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:05 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
its the mr discussion forum under mi & points near the top....

what do you mean by points?

there are eqm, & eqp...

why do you need them? if its to meet something from a challenge or status match or you want them to qualify for plt or what?

so you would start from ord or perhaps mke?

Last edited by clacko; Aug 10, 2012 at 12:27 pm
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Its for elite qualifying points. I have made platinum status but I wanted attempt executive platinum status with american airlines. You can either get 100k miles or 100k points... So I am attempting to find 50k more eqp.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I would prefer to start from ord and find something late friday night or early saturday morning, but I'm flexible. Perhaps do two or three mile runs.. Whatever it takes
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:33 pm
In Memoriam

what fare codes have you been buying?....will you spring for 1st?....

max$?

theres a thread in mr deals called good deal premium fares that you could look thru..
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

I have been buying all sorts of fare codes lately. I would spring for first however I would like to keep it to 1k or 1.5k round trip. I don't have a "limit" per se but I would like to find a deal that has double elite qualifying points or something similar. There doesn't seem to be a lot out of chicago.. And bc of this, I would look into flights from dfw.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:52 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by alexandra1889
I have been buying all sorts of fare codes lately. I would spring for first however I would like to keep it to 1k or 1.5k round trip. I don't have a "limit" per se but I would like to find a deal that has double elite qualifying points or something similar. There doesn't seem to be a lot out of chicago.. And bc of this, I would look into flights from dfw.
i'm kinda slow, so i still don't understand....it would help if you would post 2 numbers, ytd elite qualifying points & ytd elite qualifying miles from your current aadvantage account summary page...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
AFAIK no double elite promotions have ever given 2X points, just miles. You only have weekends so you probably need to look at ORD flights to Europe and back. It won't be cheap since you are looking for 50K EQPs rather than 50K EQMs.

What are you starting with and why can't you go for miles for whatever status level you are looking to achieve. Or are you trying to get to 125EQPs to obtain the extra benefits that will be granted.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:49 pm
In Memoriam

a belated welcome to ft......do you have any credit card points on aa?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Hey, ya I can get either 50k eqm or 49' eqp, I'm already platinum and have 51k eqp and 50 eqm. I'm just trying to get executive platinum
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:05 pm
In Memoriam

what is your total budget for the mr's...i reread your 1-1.5k per round trip & don't quite understand?.....eqm can be had at ~ 5 cpm fairly often....hopefully there will be a 2x eqm that you will be elgible for...

nrt & hkg sometimes work....

i hope you find the deals....

watch the mr deals....you may be able to do a positioning trip to/from the starting point w/o killing the deal..

your situation is unique, sorry if i seemed skeptical at 1st....good luck...

edit to add....dfw-ord-sea rt is 5k mi and often is under $300.....

read thru the aa mr requests in this forum, some might be useful....

Last edited by clacko; Aug 10, 2012 at 6:48 pm
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
You missed out on the double and triple earlier this year following AA's BK. You might try some RTs to Europe or Asia from ORD, or perhaps Brazil.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:01 pm
In memoriam

Hey, ya I can get either 50k eqm or 49' eqp, I'm already platinum and have 51k eqp and 50 eqm. I'm just trying to get executive platinum
Hi Alexandra, welcome to Flyertalk :-) Just wondering, why are you working towards EQPs vs EQMs? In my experience, EQPs are good for a lot of short hop flights but in general I've found EQMs much easier to chase. Plus, the airlines occasionally have double EQM promotions (jackpot!!), but I've never heard of a double EQP promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.