Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] BOS-TLV tons of dates in the fall and winter - $420 pp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] BOS-TLV tons of dates in the fall and winter - $420 pp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: *A gold, SPG gold, Marriott Gold
thanks op...booked on expedia for 12/27-1/1!
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:19 am

How about LX metal?

I have AA LX combo. what earning do i get from the LX flight and where can I put it.
thanks,
Originally Posted by izzik
No, since these are all El Al marketed flights, you follow the El Al accrual chart. Fare code was G, which is 50%.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
shouldn't the answer be NO as the flights are marketed by el al. (G = 50% AA). Over at Star Alliance, credit is determined by operating carrier. I believe, at Oneworld it is the marketing carrier, or am I wrong?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by eloraculo
I have AA LX combo. what earning do i get from the LX flight and where can I put it.
thanks,
If it's an LY codeshare (even if operated by LX), won't you be able to accrue on AA? (I am no AA FF pro by any means, so please forgive me if I am way off base.)
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:30 am

Thanks, OP! Just booked for Veteran's Day weekend on Expedia. Now I have 24 hours to change my mind .

Anyone know if this earns AA EQMs, albeit at 50%? Also, can an EXP choose premium seats in advance on the AA (LY-coded) segments?

ETA: JFK-ZRH-TLV-ZRH-TLV $336.80... connection times are about 1:20 each... and Expedia let me select premium exit row seats when I attached my AA number!

Last edited by barelyelite; Aug 6, 2012 at 9:58 am
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:33 am

thank you from me too. i booked a trip for myself in nov and for my mom in dec. $370 RT from chicago.

separately, i couldn't find anything on expedia that showed a 24 hour cancellation. not that i plan to cancel but was just curious.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:35 am

Booked but showing "Recorded" when I pull it up on El Al. Any idea what this means? It's showing a ticket number, so I assume it's ticketed, no?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by onfo
Booked but showing "Recorded" when I pull it up on El Al. Any idea what this means? It's showing a ticket number, so I assume it's ticketed, no?
yup!!
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
my AA metal flights are booked in booking code N on the outbound and S on the return .. 100% EQM's and SWU'able

On El Al metal, from LHR-TLV and TLV-CDG its booked in G & N which is 50% EQM's

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...lines/elAl.jsp
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of them, no status
So just being nosy, what airlines/codeshares are all of you on from other cities?

From BOS it was always AA operating the BOS-LHR legs and LY operating the LHR-TLV legs, but some of you have LX in there and who knows what else...
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: lots of little things
Gracias a la OP.

Travelocity still has decent availability for December out of NYC (all I've looked for). They actually do advertise their 24-hour cancellation policy here, to soothe the souls of those on the fence. Not to mention 2 UR bonus points/$ via the ultimate rewards mall.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
Originally Posted by eloraculo
thanks,
If it's an LY codeshare (even if operated by LX), won't you be able to accrue on AA? (I am no AA FF pro by any means, so please forgive me if I am way off base.)
No, normally the qualifier is "operated and marketed" by the carrier for AAdvantage. When the flight is not on the marketed (ticketed) carrier, and the operating carrier is not a Oneworld carrier, it won't be eligible unless the marketing carrier is AA itself. I'm on my phone so I can't look at the details until late but that is what I believe is true.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by dc333
Not to mention 2 UR bonus points/$ via the ultimate rewards mall.
Grr...darn, I didn't realize that!

Only downside of this is those horrid AA 763's. Swore I'd never take them TATL again. Guess I'll have to load up my iPad.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jammanxc
my AA metal flights are booked in booking code N on the outbound and S on the return .. 100% EQM's
Only if you have AA flight numbers on your tickets. If you have El Al numbers, it will be RDMs only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.