Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] BOS-TLV tons of dates in the fall and winter - $420 pp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] BOS-TLV tons of dates in the fall and winter - $420 pp

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by onfo
Flew JFK-ZRH-TLV-JFK last week. Late arrival caused a missed connection and rebooking on the LY 9 pm flight. Still waiting for miles to post, but I think I may earn 100% on AA. Not sure it was worth the 12 hour delay in Zurich though (at least I got some fondue!)
Yes, you should. We misconnected also (luckily were able to get on the earlier LY flight), and got full credit to AA after being rebooked into LY Y.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Yes, you should. We misconnected also (luckily were able to get on the earlier LY flight), and got full credit to AA after being rebooked into LY Y.
Thanks for the info. Approx how long did it take to post?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by onfo
Flew JFK-ZRH-TLV-JFK last week. Late arrival caused a missed connection and rebooking on the LY 9 pm flight. Still waiting for miles to post, but I think I may earn 100% on AA. Not sure it was worth the 12 hour delay in Zurich though (at least I got some fondue!)
Which date? Saw we were going to have a 4 hour delay on the JFK-ZRH flight (ended up being 5+), thus missing our connection. Didn't want to stay in ZRH for 12 hours, so got AA to reroute JFK-LHR-TLV on AA/BA, arriving into TLV within an hour of our originally scheduled LX flight. Of course our bags didn't get the message, so they ended up in ZRH for 30 hours but that's a whole different story.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by slariz
Which date? Saw we were going to have a 4 hour delay on the JFK-ZRH flight (ended up being 5+), thus missing our connection. Didn't want to stay in ZRH for 12 hours, so got AA to reroute JFK-LHR-TLV on AA/BA, arriving into TLV within an hour of our originally scheduled LX flight. Of course our bags didn't get the message, so they ended up in ZRH for 30 hours but that's a whole different story.
It was on March 1. I'm jealous you were rerouted. The AAngels said that there was nothing they could do since we had bags checked and the bags wouldn't be able to fly from ZRH to TLV without us. They said they would have even used 240 to put us on the DL JFK-TLV direct (maybe something easier said than done).
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
We flew AA 64 on an EL AL codeshare JFK/ZRH and as an AA Gold member, I received 1966 miles.

The ZRH/TLV on EL AL was credited to my AA account for 874 miles??

What's up? That's not 100% mileage earning, not to mention the Gold bonus.

Any advice? I recall reading that folks received 100% miles.

Dan
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, ALL Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dhammer53
We flew AA 64 on an EL AL codeshare JFK/ZRH and as an AA Gold member, I received 1966 miles.

Dan
According to http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...lines/elAl.jsp, discount economy only yields 50% base miles. Perhaps this is the issue?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53

Dan
Looks like you got 50%:

JFK - ZRH = 3931 mi
ZRH - TLV = 1747 mi

It also seems like you didn't get any elite bonus. You also don't get any EQM from LY flights.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: UA
I got back last week from an amazing vacation to Israel and Palestine for a week -- my wife and 3 year old son came with us as well. First time to the area, and a very memorable trip going through the Old City of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, down to the Dead Sea and playing in the waterfalls and pools of Ein Gedi, and over to Jericho.

We used Greenpeace rental car, which has insurance for both Palestinian controlled areas and Israel, so we didn't have to worry about anything going into Bethlehem and Jericho. It was significantly more expensive than a regular rental car -- about 3x the price I could get for a rental car through one of the more traditional rental agencies. No problems going through any checkpoints -- noone even asked to see our passports, so I suspect some profiling was at work.

Hotels:
We stayed in the Old City of Jerusalem, because that was where all of the Jerusalem sites were that we wanted to see, and we wanted to be close enough to go back and forth easily for our 3 year old to nap. We stayed at the Al-Hashimi Hotel in the Arab quarter Souk -- excellent views over the Old City from the roof, but the hotel itself was nothing special, with really dark rooms.

Bethlehem: IC Jacir Palace -- booked with hotel points. I noticed that they had left the Presidential Suite open for redemption for only 25,000 PC points, so we took that -- I honestly wasn't certain that they would honor it, since I'm sure they don't mean to leave the Presidential Suite open for the same points redemption amount as the cheapest room, but they did. It was an AMAZING room and the swankiest hotel room I've ever been in. Lots of international types there -- the Russian Ambassador to Palestine was at the hotel the same night as us, with all of his entourage, as well as some UN conference.

Jericho: Intercontinental Jericho -- We received an upgrade here to a suite, even though I wasn't expecting it, since I'm PC Plat (and even then, I feel a bit like a fake plat since it is only through the credit card) and I thought that IC generally don't recognize it. The suite here was also very nice -- excellent hotel and my son had a great time swimming in the pools there.

Tel Aviv: Renaissance -- Very nice location directly on the beach -- water was a bit cold for swimming in March, but it was still a good time.

My miles just posted (minus the last ZRH-JFK segment, which I expect will post shortly), including the ZRH-TLV and return segments, to my AA account. Like the posters above, I received 50%, but that was what I was expecting based on the mileage chart. This was the my first time crediting anything to my AA account in 5 years, so these will be orphan miles in any case -- I suppose I'll use them for an Economist subscription or something similar.

^ to El Al for honoring the ticket -- great memories of a great vacation. And a big thank you to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.