Wiki Posts
Search

Cost per segment??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Cost per segment??

So I was curious - it appears that the 5 CPM threshold is the magic number, but for those of us who typically take a lot of short runs, is there a magic number for the price of segments? My math makes it work out to about $40 per segment, but I was hoping the community could spot me some advice.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by timmy83
So I was curious - it appears that the 5 CPM threshold is the magic number, but for those of us who typically take a lot of short runs, is there a magic number for the price of segments? My math makes it work out to about $40 per segment, but I was hoping the community could spot me some advice.
I too am curious. When I've been looking as of late, I'm trying to stay <$50/segment
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
The way I figured is as follows - If 5 CPM is the standard threshold, then each 25,000 miles (for status levels on DL) should cost around $1250 if done purely on MRs. If it takes 30 segments to get to FO and 30 more to GM, then each segment should cost 41.67 or less. The logic changes a bit if you're concerned about PM, which works out to 31.25 per segment....

Any thoughts on a reasonable number/strategy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.