FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Best routes out of SFO for United MR's (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1350841-best-routes-out-sfo-united-mrs.html)

ekwang May 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Best routes out of SFO for United MR's

I got some good ideas previously regarding getting in the last 18k I need to make Gold this year. Just trying to get some ideas of other routes to run through Farecompare, ITA, AxusNexus and Expertflyer.com to really sharpen my pencil and maximize my flying efforts in this drive.

If this is an improper question to ask, or the sites I'm using already have tools to tell me this, let me know. Thanks!

Eric

Burj May 28, 2012 9:18 pm

This is the wrong forum for this type of post...this should go to the mileage run DISCUSSION forum....

(I'll flag this for the mods)

tcook052 May 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 18657129)
This is the wrong forum for this type of post...this should go to the mileage run DISCUSSION forum....

(I'll flag this for the mods)

Thanks Burj and yes, general queries such as OP's actually do belong in the MR Discussion forum so have moved it here.

tcook052
MR Moderator

clacko May 29, 2012 4:38 am

when do you need the mi?.....max cpm/ budget?

iad, asia & sometimes europe can be decent at various times....

clacko May 29, 2012 6:11 am

it asmight be worth looking thru mr deals for ideas re areas/cities that pop up during various time periods...

ekwang May 29, 2012 9:35 am

Originally Posted by clacko (Post 18658762)
it asmight be worth looking thru mr deals for ideas re areas/cities that pop up during various time periods...

Originally Posted by clacko (Post 18658452)
when do you need the mi?.....max cpm/ budget?

iad, asia & sometimes europe can be decent at various times....

I'm going to look through the older MR deals posted that originated in SFO. I've got 18k miles more that I need to earn before EOY and I'd like to earn as much on the cheap as possible ($1k or under for all 18k miles).

Thanks for the ideas on IAD APAC/EU.

Eric

clacko May 29, 2012 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ekwang (Post 18659891)
I'm going to look through the older MR deals posted that originated in SFO. I've got 18k miles more that I need to earn before EOY and I'd like to earn as much on the cheap as possible ($1k or under for all 18k miles).

Thanks for the ideas on IAD APAC/EU.

Eric

mid sept-mid nov might be good, as would a 2x eqm promo....

clacko May 29, 2012 10:28 am

if you have a site which will alert when the price is at a point, then set it up for all the cities that ua or us flies, keeping in mind that theres no 500 min on us...

ekwang May 29, 2012 10:45 am

Would ExpertFlyer.com be a good site for getting these kind of alerts? Also, are there certain hubs that lend themselves to getting lower fares from flight originating out of SFO when putting together a multi-destination trip?

clacko May 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by ekwang (Post 18660355)
Would ExpertFlyer.com be a good site for getting these kind of alerts? Also, are there certain hubs that lend themselves to getting lower fares from flight originating out of SFO when putting together a multi-destination trip?

search this forum for fare alert.....you might find something that will work for you....

Sprezzatura Jun 3, 2012 12:06 am

SFO BOS is a good one to keep an eye on.

ekwang Jun 4, 2012 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Sprezzatura (Post 18688232)
SFO BOS is a good one to keep an eye on.

Yeah, I just looked and found this route for $360 RT ATI in August, but it's about $0.06 CPM, which is kind of high, I think, for an MR. Hopefully some other good fares will open up for those 5700 miles.