Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Old May 3, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Thanks for sharing this... I had found seats from 5/31-6/4 and was going to pull the trigger but guess I won't now.

Originally Posted by Josephmay
Just Received the following Email.....

Dear Vayama Customer ,

We recently received your online booking request. Quality control has determined that your booking could not be processed at the fare that was originally quoted. Unfortunately, the airline was unable to accept the fare that was quoted earlier and as a result, your reservation has been canceled. Per our terms and conditions, airfares and reservations are not guaranteed until tickets are issued.

We encourage you to select another option that meets your travel needs. However, do not select the same flight option that you just attempted to book as this will just lead to another canceled booking. If you have any questions please feel free to respond to this email and we will get back to you generally within 24 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Vayama Customer Care Team

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Well I'm totally bummed....
Old May 3, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Exclamation

Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
Vay has been very naughty this week.
Here here! (or is it "hear hear"?!)
Vayama.com is shady!!!!
For entertainment purposes, y'all could check out what they're doing in the other thread for the RGN-USA passengers.....
Old May 3, 2012, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
I've never had a cancellation with vay in the past, but now they seem to be changing. This year have had 2 trips with them of similar nature with no problems. Maybe it's just the RGN MR that vay has been on tippy toes...I guess this MR just came out at the wrong time.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold
I can't even figure out how to price this on vayama, since they only let you do 3 cities in their multicity
Old May 3, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Ticketing Confirmed

Originally Posted by hautecouTours
Thanks for sharing this... I had found seats from 5/31-6/4 and was going to pull the trigger but guess I won't now.
Reservation Status: TICKETED

Your reservation is complete and was ticketed. Your credit card has been successfully charged and you are ready to go!

So some of these are going though!
Old May 3, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
I didn't do multi-city. Just JFK-HND and it came up. $517.36. Awesome.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:21 pm

If u used vayama, dont be too sure yet.

They pulled back a whole bunch of ticketed reservations in the other thread.
Tickets were issued, CCs were charged and reservation got cancelled.

Originally Posted by jmoore2333
Reservation Status: TICKETED

Your reservation is complete and was ticketed. Your credit card has been successfully charged and you are ready to go!

So some of these are going though!
Old May 3, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
If u used vayama, dont be too sure yet.

They pulled back a whole bunch of ticketed reservations in the other thread.
Tickets were issued, CCs were charged and reservation got cancelled.
What's a reasonable amount of time to expect to be in the clear? What's the recourse if they cancel the ticket? Feels slimy that they would ticket it then cancel... I am purchasing other flights and bidding on hotels based on this ticket. :-/
Old May 3, 2012, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
The cancellation emails make no sense as the fare remains available. You would think if the big V knew about this they would have killed it wouldn't you? Also I really can't see the big V having a major leg to stand on here as we've seen $600 fares to Japan before unlike the F ticket in the other thread.
Cheers
Howie
Old May 3, 2012, 11:09 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by Josephmay
[/B]
I'm booked on those flights leaving NYC 5/24 Returning 5/28. It'll be good to have some flyertalkers on the flight -- Everyone else would think we are crazy!... Has anyone figured out their hotel accomodations yet?

Here are my seats:
nyc-sea 24f
sea-kix 26G
kix-sea 27F
sea-NYC 23F

Anyone know if there is a Skyteam or Delta lounge that we can use in Osaka?
Delta.com's SkyClub section shows these:

Osaka, Japan Landside - Level 3 Korean Airlines
Osaka, Japan North Gate, near gates 10 and 11 Asuka Lounge
Old May 3, 2012, 11:20 pm

Dont know.
All i can say is what i have experienced with Vayama.
Gave me a confirmed ticket, charged my card and cancelled the reservation and said "Too Bad".

If I were u, I would hold off purchasing other items until after u are sure Vayama isnt going to pull up on the deal.

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
What's a reasonable amount of time to expect to be in the clear? What's the recourse if they cancel the ticket? Feels slimy that they would ticket it then cancel... I am purchasing other flights and bidding on hotels based on this ticket. :-/
Old May 4, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Dont know.
All i can say is what i have experienced with Vayama.
Gave me a confirmed ticket, charged my card and cancelled the reservation and said "Too Bad".

If I were u, I would hold off purchasing other items until after u are sure Vayama isnt going to pull up on the deal.
Yikes. How long after was this? Most of the ticket cancels in the Myanmar thread appear to be within 48 hours. I'll wait another day or two before booking anything extra just to be sure I'm in the clear...

I guess I definitely am stuck without seats then. When others were mentioning that this is just a good deal vs mistake fare I considered calling DL to get seat assignments. Guess it's a good thing I held off!
Old May 4, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: SQ
With V cancelling these bookings it makes you wonder the number of people who booked, simply due to the lack of a benefit for them to cancel. Possibly DL has a say here in what happened.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:41 am
Suspended

Can ticket be issued without validation? It's not like someone is sitting with a paper stock and issuing tickets. The system will not price a ticket unless its properly validated. If Vayama issued tickets without proper validation, it should eat that mistake.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Can ticket be issued without validation? It's not like someone is sitting with a paper stock and issuing tickets. The system will not price a ticket unless its properly validated. If Vayama issued tickets without proper validation, it should eat that mistake.
I guess what you're saying makes sense, but I think that the issue is that the system processes things first, and then maybe is glanced at before being confirmed. I don't know if anyone actually looks at the booking before it is ticketed.

When people are arguing that their reservation is ticketed and that they should get it due to the contract, in theory they are right. Not sure if they are going to win the argument, but the potential consequence might be a revamping of the entire booking system. This could mean anything from an actual person looking it over to check for a potential error, or several people looking it over. This will mean no more FDing and probably a lot less mistake fares or none at all. Further, it would mean a lot longer wait to get a flight ticketed via a website. It seems the issue is that the whole process has become too automated and people are frustrated because of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.