Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Old May 2, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Fare Gone?

Looked and looked at vayama. Cannot find anything less than over 1000.
It was great fare RIP
Old May 2, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by RobbyBobby
It was great fare RIP
Still there
Old May 2, 2012, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Originally Posted by RobbyBobby
It was great fare RIP
May 31 - June 5 is still showing.
Old May 2, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
May 30 - June 4 is showing as well.

JFK-KIX, ITM-HND
HND-KIX-JFK
Old May 2, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
HNL also available for $661.

Nowhere near as good, but many dates and still $400 less than others.

UPDATE: reprices at $850 ea sorry jumped the gun
Old May 2, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Maybe the YQ was left out?
Old May 2, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
May 31 - June 5 is still showing.
Booked. Anyone else going at this time?

Not showing on Delta.com in my profile; Others have commented on almost immediate posting...

Last edited by MichaelKade; May 2, 2012 at 3:52 pm
Old May 2, 2012, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Originally Posted by mediator
Maybe the YQ was left out?
I think it's a mistake fare, but maybe vayama is dumping the YQ by not plugging it into the fare.

I replicated the itinerary on ITA by forcing the layover in KIX, but the YQ doesn't lower, the base fare does. If you do take out the YQ, it would equal the same price that vayama is showing.

And whoever asked what class fare JAL was, its in G. The ANA flight is in H.
Old May 2, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
OMG, Necessary Indulgences, that is a page to knock my socks off! What a great photographer you are! I'm really getting excited now.

Yes, my tickets appeared in my delta.com "my itineraries" almost immediately. It even knew that I was Gold Elite, whereas, when I booked what I would consider a fuel dump last fall, booked at KLM.com, the itinerary did appear pretty quick at delta.com but for some reason it was not putting me as a Gold Elite until I showed up at check in time. At that time, they figured it out and I got upgraded to EC, lounge access, etcetera. I really don't see this one as a mistake fare or a fuel dump, just a good price. But that's my humble opinion. I guess if for some whackadoo reason the ticket is canceled, and if I feel it's too pricey for me to stay in NYC for that long, I can spend a few days in Atlantic City, assuming there's anyone left...just not gonna stress about it.
Old May 2, 2012, 5:42 pm

I was able to find it via confirmation code and I think I see the issue - it attached "Mr" to my name. How can I correct this? Don't want to call the airline and alert them.

Also, it won't let me select seats. :-/
Old May 2, 2012, 6:42 pm

Yah, when I did the KLM run in November, the computer attached "Mr" to my name causing much angst since I am rather clearly female but no one cared. This time it attached "Ms" to my name so it at least has the gender right. It can't be a problem or no one would fly Delta at all since this happens constantly. Don't worry, Michael, I think it will be fine.

The seat picking thing you will just have to deal with by trial and error and much swearing. I finally got it working for this trip. For the November trip, it wasn't really fixed until I presented myself at the check in desk and said, "I really can't tolerate being closed in and need aisle seats." If you get the error code, go away and try again later is all I can tell you...sometimes it fixes itself randomly. The error has to be on Delta's end, since we are seeing the same issue with booking through vayama and KLM, presumably unrelated websites. Maybe other websites too? Speak up and tell if you know something, people!
Old May 2, 2012, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by peachfront
The seat picking thing you will just have to deal with by trial and error and much swearing. I finally got it working for this trip. For the November trip, it wasn't really fixed until I presented myself at the check in desk and said, "I really can't tolerate being closed in and need aisle seats."
Yikes. I was hoping to snag some EC seats. I've read the EC thread and debate whether or not they're even worth it...(thoughts?) I'd like to at least secure a window though...

Last edited by MichaelKade; May 2, 2012 at 11:05 pm
Old May 2, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Thnak you!

Thank you Guys! Booked
Old May 3, 2012, 9:15 am

When it's working, actually sometimes even when it is not working, the delta.com seat picker will pop up with the correct price for your status for the EC seats. However, if you never get it to work, and you have to do it at walk-up, then (knock on wood) I was NOT charged as a Gold by KLM for getting an EC seat at the last minute. The woman next to me was not charged either. I didn't understand her English well enough to know if she was Gold or Silver but she seemed to be saying that she was not high status, and she was VERY surprised to get the EC seat. KLM metal is not DL metal, and nothing is ever guaranteed with if you don't book in advance, but you might still have a chance at check-in time? The website has been really flakey. Even booking my seats for MSY-NYC with all booking done strictly through Delta.com and no weird connects or international flights...I still had to try a couple, three times before my seat choices "stuck."

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Yikes. I was hoping to snag some EC seats. I've read the EC thread and debate whether or not they're even worth it...(thoughts?) I'd like to at least secure a window though...
Old May 3, 2012, 9:20 am

Booked for 5/24-5/30

thanks OP! booked and itinerary is up on delta immediately.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.