Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Something tells me this is a YQ dump if YQ to NRT is more than $517.
Go ahead and book, though.
Old May 2, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: Skyteam
This isn't going to show on Delta.com because it involves other non partner airlines.
Old May 2, 2012, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best East Coast-Japan fare I've seen in a while (too bad Japan is so freakin' expensive these days!).

The off-peak time between Easter and summer break (late April to early June) seems to be a good window to find oddball int'l airfares. Something to keep in mind when planning vacation time.
Old May 2, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExP
Booked for May 24-30 @517 usd
Old May 2, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Sorry for being a little late to the game. So this is only good on Delta? I'd love to find something on Star. Anyone have any luck booking other airlines?
Old May 2, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Still seems to be out there for May departures only (with some June returns). There is an $850 fare that does not seem to be bookable for June departures. Anyone else have better luck?
Old May 2, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
So random May weekend booking on vayama is still coming up at $567.36.

There's an airport change from ITM to KIX on the way back from HND. Anyone know how easy it is to transfer from one to the other?
Old May 2, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Originally Posted by peachfront
Have not visited Tokyo before, only Nagoya and Kyoto. Leaving JFK on May 24, Leaving Tokyo on May 29. Will likely spend a couple, three days in NYC on either end of the trip to spend some of that Delta voucher I didn't spend at Vayama. Anyone want to meet up or recommend an airbnb, let me know!!!

Getting excited now. A bit pooped. Will book the positioning flights to NYC later or tomorrow.
We did a weekend trip to Tokyo a few months ago - it's a great city for food, and we tend to travel just to eat!

Here's a link to our trip report with lots of photos and suggestions of things to do and places to eat:

http://necessaryindulgences.com/2012/03/tokyo/

Have a great trip!
j.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Originally Posted by skchin
This isn't going to show on Delta.com because it involves other non partner airlines.
I don't think that's the case. I've had an itinerary with AC/DL/KL metal mixed and AC was the first leg. It showed up on my itinerary page. I currently have a PNR in my itinerary page that has a mix of S* and ST; however, this one's weird as it only shows the ST portion.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
What class is the JL portion on?
Old May 2, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Question

Originally Posted by pgh234
Still seems to be out there for May departures only (with some June returns). There is an $850 fare that does not seem to be bookable for June departures. Anyone else have better luck?
No, tried many combinations NYC-HND with 2-3 day combos of dates between 5/20-31 on vayama, clearfare, farebuzz and cheaptickets all. Prefer S*A but saw the aforementioned DL stuff.

Originally Posted by rajsh
Booked for May 24-30 @517 usd
Details? All the aforementioned DL $517 JFK-KIX-HND?
Originally Posted by Dreamworks
So random May weekend booking on vayama is still coming up at $567.36.
Details?

Details, people.

Last edited by Richard Chen; May 2, 2012 at 10:04 am
Old May 2, 2012, 10:16 am

We went to Japan last year when Delta have promotion with double miles from LAX for around $560. You will love Japan. People are so nice and sweet. If you plan to visit to different cities in Japan please take a look at the Shingunsen rail pass. It will save you a lot of money. Enjoy your trip. I have been to Japan 6 times and I can't wait to go back there again.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: DL SM, UA
Originally Posted by jim5518
Seems to be a mistake fare at this price. You might want to make sure it`s ticketed before booking more flights. Great fare
Last April there was a DL T-class fare from NYC to Tokyo for $420. Sadly, I had to cancel within the 24-hour window . . .
Old May 2, 2012, 10:57 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
No, tried many combinations NYC-HND with 2-3 day combos of dates between 5/20-31 on vayama, clearfare, farebuzz and cheaptickets all. Prefer S*A but saw the aforementioned DL stuff.
Look at Memorial Day weekend.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:04 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
What class is the JL portion on?
Considering how short the JL leg is, does it matter...?

But to humor you I tried looking at my JAL record - didn't see the booking code for that... Hmmm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.