Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
I booked a KE stock through TL. They still have not contacted me regarding the reinstatement. Should I initiate contact? In any case, I booked ANOTHER flight on the same date on a different stock. I'm not sure which stock to take, but I was wondering if KE would be flexible enough for negotiation (e.g., change the dates on this ticket contingent on it being a Y class). :P Any thoughts? :P

Also, what are the repositioning rules for these tickets? Anyone know where I can find these?

Thanks everyone

Last edited by Bacopa; May 14, 2012 at 10:59 pm
Old May 14, 2012, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bacopa
I booked a KE stock through TL. They still have not contacted me regarding the reinstatement. Should I initiate contact? In any case, I booked ANOTHER flight on the same date on a different stock. I'm not sure which stock to take, but I was wondering if KE would be flexible enough for negotiation (e.g., change the dates on this ticket contingent on it being a Y class). Any thoughts?

Also, what are the repositioning rules for these tickets? Anyone know where I can find these?

Thanks everyone
Part of the answer to your dilemma will be deciding which itinerary you'd rather.

If TL canceled one and you also booked the other on TL in response to their cancellation, you've got a pretty clear case. They should be able to cancel either at your request with a full refund (but probably not both).

I really doubt you'll be able to negotiate for different dates, but I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a shot.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bacopa
...I was wondering if KE would be flexible enough for negotiation (e.g., change the dates on this ticket contingent on it being a Y class). Any thoughts?...
You've got to be kidding.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
...... but I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a shot.
You can ask for the moon. Personally, I would be happy to trade my RGN-JFK ticket for a Ferrari Berlinetta, although I am prepared to negotiate down to a Ferrari 458 Spider.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:56 pm

I just called the Los Angeles Korean Airlines number, and using the automated system, selected "Confirm Reservation," and "Ticket Number" options and entered my original ticket number as received from vayama and visible on Amadeus Asia.

The automated voice said my ticket was confirmed and recited my itinerary in KE J class BKK-ICN-SFO. No mention of the TG leg RGN-BKK. I did not speak with a human.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
You've got to be kidding.

Hahah! I know it's a long shot, but I'm starting to slowly believe in miracles now given the outcome of these KE tickets.

In any case, any thoughts on where I can find the fare rules?
Old May 14, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
"Mileage Run Deal" OR "Mileage Run Discussion" ???

Can someone please please tell me why all these Fare deals pop up under the "Mileage Run Discussions" section? Shouldn't these be under "Mileage Run Deals"??

Or is it that once the Fare is gone is that they get moved to "Mileage Run Discussions"??

Many thanks for solving this mystery for me.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Simple. DON'T !!!

Finish your flight - then claim your miles manually.

Explain your cause there. Not with the ticketing now.

You already got a deal. Don't ruin it.
I would agree with you but his Ticket involves travel to the U.S. and we all know what a PITA it is when misspellings and/or name switches occur.

Would it be just Asia to Europe for example I doubt it would be much of an issue. Last week on LX BKK-ZRH-YUL nobody even swiped my PP, just had a look at the name.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
Or is it that once the Fare is gone is that they get moved to "Mileage Run Discussions"??
Yes.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I would agree with you but his Ticket involves travel to the U.S. and we all know what a PITA it is when misspellings and/or name switches occur.
Thanks for the quick replies from JanetDoe, Guy Betsy and skywalkerLAX. I tend to agree with skywalker in having to pass thru security in the US and/or having to check in at 3 different airlines, maybe 4: TG, CI, DL, and KLM (who is operating one of the DL flights). If checking in at desk, the agent will have to find my rsvn via last name but won't find the rsvn, whereas by typing in first name, will find the rsvn. This automatically will trigger an alarm that something is wrong.

DL has slightly altered my original itinerary and I have pressed the OTA travelgenio to reverse the names in return for my accepting the change in flight numbers/time, etc. I don't know if the OTA will do this, though I doubt it. Second, I'm hoping TG will help in putting a notation on the TG segments, and if they do, I will then approach DL and CI that if TG recognizes me as the pax, then I think that strengthens my case with the other airlines.

If both OTA and TG requests fail, then my approach is to go to DL office in Bangkok in person and plead my case there.

If all fails, then I will likely just cancel the booking, accept the 30 euro cancellation fee, and chalk this up to an interesting experience both of booking on a Spanish language website and reading all the drama here on FT.

I think trying to talk my way thru all the different check in, security, transit points, etc., has too great a risk of not being able to continue on the ticketed itinerary and having to buy inflated fares to fly away from whereever the obstacle reared up, and losing the value of whatever's left of the original ticket.

I do have an annual travel insurance policy that may offer some recovery in a case of denied boarding and having to purchase other fares, but I don't know if the policy covers an attempt to travel on a flawed ticket.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Update

Originally Posted by thaidai
Booked on TG rgn- bkk then KE bkk-icn-sfo rtn in F. This is a" Reality FT " cant wait for more news ,refresh! refresh! Big Thanks n safe travels to our person " Forumperson999 "in RGN? BKK?ICN?
Hi All,

I just landed in ZRH and will continue on to YUL shortly.

Trying to catch up on the 20+ new pages on this thread it seems that just as I was boarding RGN-BKK on my Plan B ticket, the airlines decided to honor our tickets ?!?! Interesting news

I had a turbulent 2 hrs when I arrived in BKK and tried to board the LX sector to ZRH. More details shortly.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Or TG might love it because they're making good money getting everyone TO Yangon in the first place. They might even raise those fares to compensate, and/or due to increased loads.
Right, my "positioning flight" was a revenue J return ticket under the THAI 52 years anniversary promotion.

Gotta take the good with the bad
Old May 14, 2012, 11:42 pm

Full update. Happenings during BKK transit

Originally Posted by yyzjake
Awesome! I'm really curious what LX said at the transit desk.
I never went there.

What's our Rule #1 ? DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE.

Broad interpretation: Let's maintain a really small foot print and avoid human intervention of any kind. Carry-on only.

Upon arriving at BKK, I noticed that I could now do a mobile OLCI on SWISS.com on my Blackberry so I ran to an internet shop that has printing facilities.

And sure enough, I could select seats and OLCI BKK-ZRH-YUL.

Paid extortionate money by Thai standards for those 10 mins of Internet access and printing of 4 pages.

Ran to the TG lounge for a shower and then ran 800 meters to Gate D7 just in time for pre-boarding.

Gate agent scans my OLCI boarding pass and............... BEEP BEEP. Flashing red light. Ugh. What now!?!?!

Gate Agent: " Sir, please step aside. "

At this moment I was so glad that whatever happens next is happening on my home turf and not somewhere challenging like PEK, BOG, RGN...

Here comes the deja vu moment:

Flight Director: "Mr. FP999, we have been expecting you.."

Then, to my surprise the flight director has a completely unrelated topic to discuss.

Flight Director: "Sir, the check-in supervisor at RGN has a message for you. She has contacted us about a ticket you paid to date-change and then she refunded it as the change was not needed."

I love that TG person at RGN. She rocks. Anyway... on it goes:

FP999: "Uh, huh...."

Flight Director: "Well she has told us that she forgot to collect the receipt she issued you for payment of the now refunded change fee. Her accounting requires her to get it back. Do you still have that receipt?"

So I hand her the receipt, and she wishes me a good flight.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
I never went there.
... [snip]
Phew, for a moment there I was expecting something really ugly.. Congrats!

Last edited by General_Flyer; May 14, 2012 at 11:59 pm
Old May 14, 2012, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by GVA
I think this should be clear enough for everyone.

From Vayama:
Ahhh. So it was a DoT thing.

No wonder I wasn't contacted by Travelocity or Vayama. No wonder my KE tickets are still dead. I was going to fly to YVR.... No transit through US. Maybe they won't honor those cases as they're not under DoT protection. Or are they ? The OTA being registered in the US....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.