Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by james84
I wrote to Vayama again today asking for an update on my cancelled DL ticket and got the following response. Not quite sure how I should reply.
Not as professional meaning that DL raise hell with Vayama due to the un-intended cancelations?
Old May 10, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Spiff
You can tell the carrier(s) you're checking in with that you will pick up your Myanmar visa during your overnight. They will check you in as far as BKK, assuming any necessary paperwork is in order for Thailand. Most probably don't need a Thai visa.

It also gives you an out if you can't make that last segment for some reason...
Will they actually believe that I can pick up my Myanmar visa between the hours of midnight and 8AM? That's the length of my overnight in BKK on the return.

So yes, that's my plan, just wanting to confirm that it is feasible.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:07 pm

I wrote to Vayama again today asking for an update on my cancelled DL ticket and got the following response. Not quite sure how I should reply.
How about if you reply: If you are having difficulty communicating with Delta why don't we do a 3 way call.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:07 pm
2mg

I wonder what would happen if I had AMEX research a refunded ticket? I didn't ask for the cancellation - refund ;-)
Old May 10, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: *A G, ST Elite+, Marriott Silver, Hertz#1 Club Gold
I am on the phone with CheapO and have been informed that the reason why my tickets (RGN-SIN-PER-JNB(MI-SQ-SA)) were cancelled was because a single etkt cannot have both SQ and SA flights (it seems they have no booking agreement...). I challenged this, mentioning that they're both *A members and therefore that didn't make any sense; the guy got upset. I asked him if he could split the 3 flights into two segments and he’s trying to do it now. Any comments from the experts on this?
Thanks,
Old May 10, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
"Really? You panicked and unilaterally canceled a valid ticket, despite no request from either customer or airline, and you accuse Delta of being unprofessional? No wonder they don't want anything to do with you. I hope you have excellent E&O insurance, and enough cash reserves to cover the $27,500 per incident US DOT penalties."

Or maybe something a little less scathing...

Are there travel agency licensing boards or travel industry associations that need to be informed of the gross negligence by these OTAs? Taking people's money, cancelling their issued tickets for no reason, and to add insult to injury, failing in several cases to refund travel agency fees... Sounds like the kind of thing the agency in California that handles travel agency registration might be interested to hear. Or the BBB.

OK, I'll stop being mean to Vayama now.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The visa issue is not major for someone doing a one-way departing RGN since these are readily available through embassies. The problem is for those with return tickets (and multiple ones) that require re-entry to Myanmar within a day or two of departure. Since one cannot have more than one visa issued at a time, the airline flying you back may not let you board their flight to an intermediate airport unless you can show them a valid Myanmar visa. As the visas are for a single entry, each time you enter the country you need a new visa. The one issued in advance will only cover one's arrival into the country to catch the first leg of these flights.
Exactly. Some people noticed the transit visa and thought it might be a solution to this problem. Personally, I would prefer to get a transit visa rather than a tourist visa, since that is the purpose of my first visit to RGN. I have a longer tourist visit scheduled later in the year.

I will add your explanation to the RGN visa summary post.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by hazinheira
I am on the phone with CheapO and have been informed that the reason why my tickets (RGN-SIN-PER-JNB(MI-SQ-SA)) were cancelled was because a single etkt cannot have both SQ and SA flights (it seems they have no booking agreement...). I challenged this, mentioning that they're both *A members and therefore that didn't make any sense; the guy got upset. I asked him if he could split the 3 flights into two segments and he’s trying to do it now. Any comments from the experts on this?
Thanks,
It could be the case that MI does not have an agreement with SA, that would be strange but it is possible. You need to have agreements for electronic ticketing with both the marketing and the operating airlines. For instance, AF has agremeent with SK but not with KF (SK subsidiary in Finland), and it is not possible to have an SK flight operated by KF on AF stock.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by hobo13
Will they actually believe that I can pick up my Myanmar visa between the hours of midnight and 8AM? That's the length of my overnight in BKK on the return.

So yes, that's my plan, just wanting to confirm that it is feasible.
Yes, they should be willing to accept that. No guarantee, of course. You can tell them a representative from the embassy will be meeting you at the airport to deliver it in person. Or make something up.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
can anyone provide a valid segment to start on, out of RGN for a DL stock CEB fare ?
which airline, , bookingclass for RGN - SIN ? , or RGN - KUL or RGN - BKK ?
Old May 10, 2012, 2:11 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Originally Posted by odetophil
I had to check in three different times to get my boarding passes as I flew TG-BA-DL. On TG stock, checked in two bags.
Trip report soon?

Did you get your bags checked through?
Old May 10, 2012, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by hazinheira
.. I asked him if he could split the 3 flights into two segments and he’s trying to do it now. Any comments from the experts on this?
Thanks,
Then you won't have a ticket ...

Of course one e-ticket can have 2 segments on both SA and SQ. But I think he just didn't know how to explain that your ONE reservation ended being ticketed twice on both SQ and SA documents. It would have been easier that they cancel the second ticket and left the first but it looks like they just cancelled both but afterwards could not issue the ticket anymore.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by bertheike
can anyone provide a valid segment to start on, out of RGN for a DL stock CEB fare ?
which airline, , bookingclass for RGN - SIN ? , or RGN - KUL or RGN - BKK ?
Forget it.

Fare exists on line and on GDS. But when you try to price it - it says not possible no matter what routing , what airline, which ever transit point you choose. The fare calculation has basically been disabled from all airline GDS's.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by Spiff
Yes, they should be willing to accept that. No guarantee, of course. You can tell them a representative from the embassy will be meeting you at the airport to deliver it in person. Or make something up.
There's the Flyertalk spirit!^
Old May 10, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Forget it.

Fare exists on line and on GDS. But when you try to price it - it says not possible no matter what routing , what airline, which ever transit point you choose. The fare calculation has basically been disabled from all airline GDS's.
It's actually an issue with the fare component having to be on DL. Since there is no DL code on anything out of RGN, there isn't any way to autoprice. If you command price it with a different carrier out of RGN, you'll see the autopricing error is due to flight application restrictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.