Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:06 am

Programs: DJ Plat, HH Diam, AB Gold, EY Gold, CX Silver, Europcar PE
That chart is wrong, check out yahoo charts. I think my link will work. The only change to the MMK currency Vs. USD was back in May when the first incorrect fares arose. Do you really think currency swings up and down that much in such a short period of time?

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=M...=on&z=l&q=l&c=

Originally Posted by MKBshaw
The thing with these fares is its not actually a "mistake"... nobody input the wrong fare price, it has to do with the currency and what date the fares were priced.

Take a look at this price chart: http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...to=MMK&view=1M

You can see the MMK/USD move very drastically, so what I guess is happening (and will keep happening) is sometimes when a bunch of fares are priced and ready to be sold, they hit it at a time when the MMK has a pricing blip. I bet these sort of fares happen often in countries with fixed rate (or some close pegging system) FX regimes - thank you internet for letting me exploit this arbitrage.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Only certain routes they sell. I've been in many CX F cabins over the last 2 years, and on average, they're half empty. AMS-HKG I was the only customer, last year.

Of course having hundreds of seats selling for $100-500 each, for F suites is going to be a bit different.
It's not even that. My receipt shows a base of exactly 100.10 USD the other 600$ are taxes and YQ. Not sure how much YQ sticks with SQ on this, if they are lucky their regular rate.

Hmm I only fly CX transpac and these cabins have always been full to the brim the last 3 years.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
It's not even that. My receipt shows a base of exactly 100.10 USD the other 600$ are taxes and YQ. Not sure how much YQ sticks with SQ on this, if they are lucky their regular rate.

Hmm I only fly CX transpac and these cabins have always been full to the brim the last 3 years.
Depends what route. in F, JFK-HKG does very well for CXas does SQ's JFK-SIN (via FRA) but on SQ's SFO-SIN (via ICN) I've been the ONLY one in F 4 out of the last 6 flights. W CX, Ive only flown them once this year (LAX-HKG) & the cabin was only half full. But you need to take into account that CX allows O/W redemptions in F & SQ doesn't so on that one CX flight w 4 F pax it's psbl I was the only paying F pax (of course that's just a guess)
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by keirnna
Having been to Myanmar 3 times I really doubt that's going to work. Although it is advertised I've not seen anyone successfully do it. The easiest way to get a visa is to do it same day at the embassy in Bangkok.
What's the current status of people transiting? Has anyone done a transit visa or just transited without visa recently?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
The thing with these fares is its not actually a "mistake"... nobody input the wrong fare price, it has to do with the currency and what date the fares were priced.
Keep an eye out on round 4
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Most of mine are LAX or SFO to HKG. Most are half to 3/4 full. I think I can only recall once with a full house (out of 8 flights in the last 2 years).
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:58 am

I had two tickets booked in round 2... and running low on vacation reserve, so I only book 1 ticket for round 3. I should've booked more on rd 3 to replace the rd 2 ones. But I wasn't sure the rd 2 ones can be cancelled free of charge (since they were booked into business class only). In preparation of round 4 , do you know for a fact that round 2 tickets (RGN-NRT-SEA-YVR) are refundable? (I looked into XP T&C, they said they don't have the fare rules and to assume it's non-refundable). Many thanks,
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tyellee1
I had two tickets booked in round 2... and running low on vacation reserve, so I only book 1 ticket for round 3. I should've booked more on rd 3 to replace the rd 2 ones. But I wasn't sure the rd 2 ones can be cancelled free of charge (since they were booked into business class only). In preparation of round 4 , do you know for a fact that round 2 tickets (RGN-NRT-SEA-YVR) are refundable? (I looked into XP T&C, they said they don't have the fare rules and to assume it's non-refundable). Many thanks,
My round two ones with that routing are redundable IIRC.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:57 am
Community Director Emerita

So, SQ 346 in F seats 3C & D has been confirmed and ticketed... going to cancel my ANA/LH routing now. What do you guys think the chances are SQ cancels the tickets? Has anyone flown SQ F in round 1?
Is your ticket issued by SQ?

Has the ticket charge shown up on your credit card?

I have a ticket number but I have no pending charge from SQ. I only have the service fee pending from TL.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

I have a ticket number but I have no pending charge from SQ. I only have the service fee pending from TL.
Mine is issued by Iberia and the charge has been authorized but not claimed yet. Seat numbers show up fine on Sq.com.....

So who is first on the Round 3? Mine is in 2 months.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 1:57 pm

I have NH issued ticket #. But no pending charge from NH, only pending charge from TC.com for the service fee.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist

My tickets were issued by SQ and I do not have the pending charge on my credit card either. Nor do I have the TL fee, but I do have the confirmation and ticket numbers. My itineraries all show on the various airlines.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Is there a tally been kept of successful
Flights vs those cancelled and what ticket stock they were on? Be interesting to have an idea for round 3.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by tyellee1
Originally Posted by GUWonder
My round two ones with that routing are redundable IIRC.
Yes. I've already had one (same routing) refunded.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pogonation

ALSO:

Luxurylink have added a new package in Myanmar. It is a cruise package called 'Road to Mandalay' by Orient Express. You can look up the cruise itinerary online at their website: click here for itinerary.

The 5d/4n package costs $9070 for 2 through Orient express direct but if you book through LL you can do the following:

Package for 2 includes:

The auction price for the 5d/4n package is $5,876 (until end of December this year)

If I refer you as a friend then you get $100 off and then you get a further 10% off by using code LUX10.

So the total is:
                  $5876
                  + $40 booking fee
                  - $100 for me referring you as a friend
                  - $587.60 using LUX10

Total = $5228.40

Note other dates are available and an 8d/7n package is available too. Same codes can be used to bring the overall price down ^

If anyone is interested in this package then send me a PM and I can send you my referral link so you can get $100 off. If you have any other questions, just send me a PM and I will do my best to help.

Just another update for those of you that managed to get in on the new RGN deal. Unfortunately the referral is now $50 off instead of $100 but it's still better than nothing. Send me a PM for my referral link and also if you have any questions? ^

Last edited by pogonation; Sep 29, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.